The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2020
Original post by Jaegon Targaryen

Would anyone be able to remind me what role Mago played in Book 1 ? [was he the one who daenaerys promised to kill]

Yes, you're correct. Jhaqo and Mago's death is retribution for Eroeh.
Original post by Orihime
Yes, you're correct. Jhaqo and Mago's death is retribution for Eroeh.

Except neither of those are dead. Jhaqo is now a khal and Mago is one of his Bloodriders.
Reply 2022
Find it very odd that the guy playing Jojen Reed is the little kid from Love Actually.
Question about the vault

Spoiler

Reply 2024
Iwan Rheon (Simon from Misfits) possibly cast in Game of Thrones.
http://winteriscoming.net/2012/07/iwan-rheon-cast-in-game-of-thrones/

They seem to reckon he's our Ramsay Bolton, not a bad choice if it is indeed true.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Nickini
Iwan Rheon (Simon from Misfits) possibly cast in Game of Thrones.
http://winteriscoming.net/2012/07/iwan-rheon-cast-in-game-of-thrones/

They seem to reckon he's our Ramsay Bolton, not a bad choice if it is indeed true.

One of the things I am most curious about is what they will do with Theon'sstory this series and next. Are they making up completly unwritten scenes? Or will he have incredibly reduced screen time? I just hope all the contracts work out so everyone stays and there is no recasting.

Also saw The dark knight rises today and was shocked to see the actor who plays littlefinger at the start. Totally didn't recognise him
Reply 2026
Original post by elitepower
Also saw The dark knight rises today and was shocked to see the actor who plays littlefinger at the start. Totally didn't recognise him

i recognised him instantly but only as Littlefinger and not Aidan Gillen.

that is the problem with the show - i will never be able to take any of the actors seriously in any other films/series (like the hangover)
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by amg_22
i recognised him instantly but only as Littlefinger and not Peter Dinklage.

that is the problem with the show - i will never be able to take any of the actors seriously in any other films/series (like the hangover)

Peter Dinklage plays Tyrion...

I would have liked to see Tyrion in Dark Knight Rises, although it might have thrown the story off a little.

Aiden Gillen is Littlefinger. Totally didn't recognise him in Batman.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2028
Original post by Norton1
Peter Dinklage plays Tyrion...

I would have liked to see Tyrion in Dark Knight Rises, although it might have thrown the story off a little.

Aiden Gillen is Littlefinger. Totally didn't recognise him in Batman.

damn totally what i meant! yes Aidan Gillen does play littlefinger, feel like a douche now. probably the name peter...
Reply 2029
One of the things I am most curious about is what they will do with Theon'sstory this series and next. Are they making up completly unwritten scenes? Or will he have incredibly reduced screen time? I just hope all the contracts work out so everyone stays and there is no recasting.

I thought that as well, seeing as Theon has no POV chapters in aSoS, and given they didn't include:

(small aCoK spoiler)

Spoiler

I am doubly curious as to what his role will be, although I suspect they will make up a few scenes as background to things like:

(aSoS Spoiler)

Spoiler

Original post by Nickini
I thought that as well, seeing as Theon has no POV chapters in aSoS, and given they didn't include:

(small aCoK spoiler)

Spoiler

I am doubly curious as to what his role will be, although I suspect they will make up a few scenes as background to things like:

(aSoS Spoiler)

Spoiler

Given that book three will take two series, I just can't see what they could add to cover that time. I suppose they could develop the background but that won't take up too long.

All the other characters who appear late in the book e.g. Stannis could appear in some small scenes but Theon never physically appear. If it was one series, I guess he could have been shown in a clip in the finale but two is quite a while.

I'm also wondering (aSoS spoiler)

Spoiler

Reply 2031
Given that book three will take two series, I just can't see what they could add to cover that time. I suppose they could develop the background but that won't take up too long.

All the other characters who appear late in the book e.g. Stannis could appear in some small scenes but Theon never physically appear. If it was one series, I guess he could have been shown in a clip in the finale but two is quite a while.

I'm also wondering (aSoS spoiler)

Spoiler

I think it was a good move to split aSoS into two seasons, seeing as there are many important events for every character, one season wouldn't do it justice.

As for (aSoS spoiler)

Spoiler

I think we may see (aSoS spoiler)

Spoiler

(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Nickini
I think it was a good move to split aSoS into two seasons, seeing as there are many important events for every character, one season wouldn't do it justice.

As for (aSoS spoiler)

Spoiler

I think we may see (aSoS spoiler)

Spoiler

They definately needed more than one series to cover it all. But I expect they will try to move things around to give certain characters more to do. For example, (aSoS spoilers)

Spoiler

I agree with you, I think series three will go up to (aSoS spoilers)

Spoiler

Then of course the series four ending is more clear as it is the ending of the book (aSoS spoilers)

Spoiler

Reply 2033
The more series they split the whole thing into, the more revenue they get and the more time Martin has to finish the books :tongue:
Reply 2034
Original post by Hopple
The more series they split the whole thing into, the more revenue they get and the more time Martin has to finish the books :tongue:

I'd rather GRRM was working to his own time scale rather than rushing the ending of the series to coincide with the show. The final two books should be as great as they possibly can.
Reply 2035
I expect nothing less than the final two books too be at least as good as ASoS :colonhash:

ADWD and AFfC were disappointing, he needs to make up for it.
Reply 2036
Original post by Jamin
I'd rather GRRM was working to his own time scale rather than rushing the ending of the series to coincide with the show. The final two books should be as great as they possibly can.

Well yes, he shouldn't rush. One way to help that is to slow the TV series. Bearing in mind he's involved in the TV show too means he's going to be feeling pressure to not have even a one year gap in it.
Original post by Deshi
I expect nothing less than the final two books too be at least as good as ASoS :colonhash:

I found ADwD a bit better than AFfC, but only marginally. And I hate how many cliffhangers were left at the end of ADwD, it just sucks to wait so much to find out.
P.S Can I just say, awesome sig
Original post by Deshi

I think the show versions of them will be better as they can do them at the same time, if you get what I mean. Like I felt one of the weaknesses of AFfC was it had less interesting characters (or at least less popular characters that ADWD) and too many new characters. But on the show, I am guessing they will both at the same time which will solve this problem.

It wil be interesting to see if the final books can top aSoS.
(edited 11 years ago)

Latest