The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Spoiler

(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by neal95

A Dance With Dragons spoiler

Spoilered, since it includes a future book spoiler - only discussion up until the same point in the TV show allowed. :tongue:
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
Spoilered, since it includes a future book spoiler - only discussion up until the same point in the TV show allowed. :tongue:

Use spoiler tags to stop it spoiling people on the app. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Motorbiker
I agree completely with Robb starks choice but it was a choice.

Wish we could see an alternate universe where Robb and the free girl marry and then he completes his plan to attack casterly rock etc. Reckon he could then have teamed up with baratheon to kick some ass at the blackwater as well.

If and buts etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That would be interesting. But since nothing in Game of Thrones ever seems to go right for the 'main' characters, I just can't imagine how that would go down tbh :tongue:
Original post by em211997
Oh course not whose your favorite character?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Robb and Jon snow are like my husbands, I have ultimate respect for dany and i just loooove sansa's character arc. Also arya is badass for a 12 year old
on the subject or robb, anyone else feel betrayed that he's 14? please don't cast a hot 25 year old its not fair on me lol
I found out that sansa and the hound is a real popular pairing and I'm still not sure what to think about this

cos on one hand i really like their dynamic with the big scary hound protecting 'the little bird' and him saying hell keep her safe and not hurt her

but on the other hand he's 27 and she's like 14
I've read the books as well as watched the show and due to that, my favorite character is Davos. I love that man with every fibre of my being.
Yeah,
My favourite charatcter is daenerys!
Original post by carstairs
on the subject or robb, anyone else feel betrayed that he's 14? please don't cast a hot 25 year old its not fair on me lol

The show characters are older than the book ones: they're meant to have that sex appeal. :tongue: Dany has not long started her period in the books before she's married off to Khal Drogo, but she's immediately a sexual icon in the show.

Still think Robb's just meant to be about 18-19 in the show. He was 14 at the start of AGOT, and I think he died at 15!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just ordered a brand new copy of Clash of Kings off ebay for £2.70, bloody bargain:biggrin:

What do you guys think of the new book covers?

I have decided to get these editions because I prefer them to the older covers, I really love how the landscapes are so immersive and capture the essence of the world George has created.

Which do you prefer, old or new?
(edited 9 years ago)
Honour is what made Robb marry her. He did not want to father a :snow:. Hence he marries her so if she does get pregnant then child is not a :snow:. Why they changed her character from the book is a mystery.

The Starks made good leaders but they are terrible politicians when it comes to the game.

It's not really a spoiler since it happens right near start of the first book but better safe than sorry...

Spoiler

(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by King Leonidas
Just ordered a brand new copy of Clash of Kings off ebay for £2.70, bloody bargain:biggrin:

What do you guys think of the new book covers?

I have decided to get these editions because I prefer them to the older covers, I really love how the landscapes are so immersive and capture the essence of the world George has created.

Which do you prefer, old or new?

I like both I think. I am a sucker for a good landscape though. I love mountain landscpaes even more.
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
It's not really a spoiler since it happens right near start of the first book but better safe than sorry...

Spoiler

Yea, reasons like that is why they aged the TV show characters.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Motorbiker
Yea, reasons like that is why they aged the TV show characters.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It fits with the ****ty feudal world of the games of thrones though.
I found out that sansa and the hound is a real popular pairing and I'm still not sure what to think about this

cos on one hand i really like their dynamic with the big scary hound protecting 'the little bird' and him saying hell keep her safe and not hurt her

but on the other hand he's 27 and she's like 14

I bet you shipped Khal Drogo and Daenerys... They're not so different considering its a 30 year old man getting a 13 year old pregnant :tongue:

Original post by CescaD96
I've read the books as well as watched the show and due to that, my favorite character is Davos. I love that man with every fibre of my being.

Davos is amazing in the books is all I can say :cool:
Have to admit, bit nervous about the new series adding in little bits from beyond the current place in the books. Whilst it is set up at the minute so that this series will see the show completely catch up I can't help but feel that a couple of things might come out to ruin it for those of us who read the books.
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
The show characters are older than the book ones: they're meant to have that sex appeal. :tongue: Dany has not long started her period in the books before she's married off to Khal Drogo, but she's immediately a sexual icon in the show.

Still think Robb's just meant to be about 18-19 in the show. He was 14 at the start of AGOT, and I think he died at 15!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Of course they've added a couple of years to each character in the show; think about little Rickon Stark! He's meant to be 4 at the start of GoT but they made him 6 at least in the show!
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest