Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Game of Thrones- Tv Show- Absolutely no future book spoiler discussion.

Announcements Posted on
    • 101 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr Pesto)
    I think that's kind of stupid, why decide that when they don't know how much material the last two books will give them? Surely they know by now that seven season won't be enough.
    Well they'll be skipping out lots of content clearly (there will be no ironborn storyline in the show, for example) and it's unclear how much they'll look into the storylines of AFFC and ADWD (Sansa and Brienne are near up to "book date", Bran won't feature because they've caught up with him too). Leaked set pictures from season 5 even show they've gone BEYOND what ADWD covers. On top of that, D&D know how Martin plans for the series to end and what happens to the major characters, so I have no doubt they can wrap it up in season 7 or 8!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hype en Ecosse)
    Well they'll be skipping out lots of content clearly (there will be no ironborn storyline in the show, for example) and it's unclear how much they'll look into the storylines of AFFC and ADWD (Sansa and Brienne are near up to "book date", Bran won't feature because they've caught up with him too). Leaked set pictures from season 5 even show they've gone BEYOND what ADWD covers. On top of that, D&D know how Martin plans for the series to end and what happens to the major characters, so I have no doubt they can wrap it up in season 7 or 8!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's true, they know how it ends and I don't. Are you sure Bran won't be in the next season? I'm pretty sure the actor has been saying in interviews that he will be. And how do you know there won't be the ironborn storyline?

EDIT: Ah, you're right about Bran not being in season 5, just did some googling.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    • 101 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr Pesto)
    That's true, they know how it ends and I don't. Are you sure Bran won't be in the next season? I'm pretty sure the actor has been saying in interviews that he will be. And how do you know there won't be the ironborn storyline?

EDIT: Ah, you're right about Bran not being in season 5, just did some googling.
    I read the ironborn bit on the ASOIAF subreddit! It makes sense to me since D&D have included so little of the Iron Islands that's in the books, missing out the major characters involved, and there's been no announcements of them having been cast. Hypemaster Damp and Euron, Victarion are all missing! Might be that they pop up after
    ASOS spoilers/show spoilers
    Balon's death, if they choose to put it in the show. I've also read a fan theory that Balon may be kept alive in the show and replace his brothers' roles (or perhaps just Victarion's, which might fit Balon the best).
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hype en Ecosse)
    I read the ironborn bit on the ASOIAF subreddit! It makes sense to me since D&D have included so little of the Iron Islands that's in the books, missing out the major characters involved, and there's been no announcements of them having been cast. Hypemaster Damp and Euron, Victarion are all missing! Might be that they pop up after
    ASOS spoilers/show spoilers
    Balon's death, if they choose to put it in the show. I've also read a fan theory that Balon may be kept alive in the show and replace his brothers' roles (or perhaps just Victarion's, which might fit Balon the best).
    Hmmm, interesting musings there. I guess the Greyjoy bros could turn up in season 6, maybe introducing them as well as all the Dornish people would have been too much this season.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: November 6, 2014
New on TSR

GCSE mocks revision

Talk study tips this weekend

Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki TV section

Quick link:

Unanswered TV threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.