The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by StressedByDay
No lady stone heart , no greyjoys, no young griff. You murded them , you butchered them , you killed their storyline!!!!

I really don't understand the ditching of the Greyjoys - definitely some of the most interesting characters and storylines in the latter books.
Original post by StressedByDay
No lady stone heart , no greyjoys, no young griff. You murded them , you butchered them , you killed their storyline!!!!

But don't worry. There are endless preparative extra sex scenes and love plots for you to enjoy :borat:

That makes up for stoneheart? Surely? Right?
Original post by Rakas21
I suspect that Griff has been left out because the show wants to focus on the War of the 5 kings as opposed to the books focus on the 3 dragons (Targaryians).

The War of the Five Kings ended many seasons ago. Stannis vs. Lannisters isn't much of a war as yet, and it's certainly not one of five kings. :tongue:

In fact, some maesters believe that there never was a War of the Five Kings, as Balon Greyjoy did not join the war until after the death of Robb Stark, the King in the North!
All I can say is... Ramsay Bolton, phoar. What an arse that guy has!
The show continues to disappoint tbh, Valyria was meant to be enigmatic but the way they showed it as just ruins is totally deflating and didn't really make me excited to see the ancestral home of the Targaryens.

Also sailing through Valyria on a small boat is completely ridiculous. :mad:

I'm glad that Stannis finally marching to Winterfel and I'm also pleased to see Sansa/Theon reunited and we all know where that story is heading if you read the books.

Jon's story line is also converging with his plot in the book so that's good.

I'm just annoyed that they are wasting precious time in the show giving us stupid and irrelevant relationships like Missandei and Grey Worm's.

I'm glad that the Danny is going to bring peace to mereen by marrying Hizdar but I was a little disppointed by how they portrayed his character as sycophantic and weak over the last few episodes when he is meant to be strong and proud, obviously no equal to Danny but not a complete weakling either. He was meant to be a possible member of the Son's of the Harpy but right now that plot seems to be completely non-existent.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by King Leonidas
When he was in the boat with Jorah?

Yep, it flew over when they were going through the collapsed archway. Just before the stonemen jumped them :P
Original post by tomtjl
Plus they're only planning on doing 7 seasons of the show. So in the next two seasons they have to solve the whole white walker issue and the fact that Dany hasn't conquered Westeros yet.

Not sure if that means the seasons will end up rushed and not as good as they could be or the best seasons due to so much action. We'll see.

Only the current producers want 7 seasons, GRRM and HBO are happy to keep going until the ratings go which could mean 10.

GOT is similar to TBBT, it might not be as good in its old age but it will still deliver them ratings.
Ramsay is such a good actor! I remember him off Misfits, oh how he's changed!
Reek is a brilliant actor too, though I always see Lilly Allen in him (obv)
The Hound...haha, when I found out he was YARP from Hot Fuzz.
John Snow...Oh what can I say. His character and looks are just divine <3
Love that little eye smirk Littlefinger does :wink:
There isn't an actor/actress in it that doesn't act well.
I actually don't know or cba to know what the original question was 300 and something post ago, but whooo :smile:
Have to say i've warmed to Stannis in recent seasons. Previously i thought he was too military to be a good king but he seems to have a sense of justice and a 'no time for crap' attitude while proving in the scenes with his family that he has compassion.

Still expect the eventual winner to be sat atop a dragon but i've definitely warmed to him.
Original post by Rakas21
Have to say i've warmed to Stannis in recent seasons. Previously i thought he was too military to be a good king but he seems to have a sense of justice and a 'no time for crap' attitude while proving in the scenes with his family that he has compassion.

Still expect the eventual winner to be sat atop a dragon but i've definitely warmed to him.

Don't know whether you mean Daenerys or not.... (have you read the books?)
Although if we judge Daenerys ability to rule Westeros like how she is ruling Meereen, then things won't be good :s-smilie:. If she doesn't eradicate the Sons of the Harpy completely, slaving will arrive in Meereen the second she turns her back. Lets just say I don't think marrying a Meereenese noble and opening the fighting pits will calm the tension, I have a feeling all hell will break loose (re-watch the trailer).

Spoiler

My thoughts on the Greyjoys

Spoiler

I hate how they made it obvious that the ' for the watch ' moment will happen .
(edited 8 years ago)
3.5 weeks later, I've caught up with the show! Alas, revision slowed me down!

Posted from TSR Mobile
So no important plot spoilers please....but can someone just tell me...do any of the sand snakes ever get naked in the books? :u: ...for research purposes of course....
Jorah now taking Jon Connington's arc? Like, I don't mind if they start drifting away from the books with these aimless storylines but just continuing to merge characters is just lazy af
Original post by PrinceOfOrange
Jorah now taking Jon Connington's arc? Like, I don't mind if they start drifting away from the books with these aimless storylines but just continuing to merge characters is just lazy af

It's not lazy, it's what they have to do.

Certain characters are being cut out of the show despite having a role later on in the books, in order for the story to make sense the role of these characters must be taken on by other characters.

This is why it's interesting for book readers, people who show up later on can (and have, I believe) been killed off. The question then becomes who does the important thing they do later on and how does this affect the politics of Westeros?
Reply 6997
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
But don't worry. There are endless preparative extra sex scenes and love plots for you to enjoy :borat:

That makes up for stoneheart? Surely? Right?

Don't forget the torturous and pointless Grey Worm and Missandei scenes which serve absolutely no purpose to the storyline whatsoever as well :wink:

But in all seriousness, it really does piss me off that while large parts of AFFC/ADWD have been cut out, the producers still have to adhere to their Boobs/Sex Scenes/Pointless unlikely romances quota, those 2/3 minutes of Grey Worm and Missandei would have been far better spent somewhere else, each key plotline has little enough time already without valuable time being wasted by pointless scenes that serve no purpose to the story.

Having said that, I do feel quite excited for the rest of the season at this point and I'm really interested to see where the show might be headed in the next season (without prior knowledge of course with TWOW not being out yet) and interestingly some on a forum of ice and fire still think the Greyjoys might turn up in Season 6, I'm not convinced we'll see them at all in the show, but I'm still hopeful they'll turn up.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 6998
Original post by benjenstark
Asides me.

I still really want to know what happened to you, Benjen!! We have had long unsolved early mysteries solved much later on by GRR Martin (like we didn't find out about the truth about Jon Arryn until ASOS), so I guess we will find out at some point in the last 2 books?
Original post by Olie
I still really want to know what happened to you, Benjen!! We have had long unsolved early mysteries solved much later on by GRR Martin (like we didn't find out about the truth about Jon Arryn until ASOS), so I guess we will find out at some point in the last 2 books?

I guess we will :cool:

Latest

Trending

Trending