The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rk2k14
Do tell...

His name is Aegon Targaryan and is supposedly the son of Rhaegar Targaryan (which would make him Jon Snow's brother). He goes by the name "Young Griff" in the books, but Tyrion eventually discovers his secret.

He is in fact a Blackfyre. In simple terms, he's a Targaryan bastard.
Original post by RhaegoTarg

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by Rk2k14
Do tell...

Spoiler

Agreed. The evidence for Tyrion as a Targ is just too strong to ignore.

What evidence is that, besides the alleged "liberties" taken by Aerys II during Tywin's wife's bedding ceremony?
Original post by Rakas21
What do you think? Romance or kidnapping.

Its romance, it all started at Harenhal with the knight of the laughing tree. I really wish they'd put that story in the show.
Original post by tomtjl

Spoiler

Spoiler

Given that he hasn't been mentioned in the show is he out of the picture, or do you think he'll make a surprise visit to Dany?:biggrin:
Original post by Dr Pesto
What evidence is that, besides the alleged "liberties" taken by Aerys II during Tywin's wife's bedding ceremony?

1) Tyrion's hair and eye colour doesn't match that of a typical Lannister. His eyes are also mismatched which is a common sign of cross breeding.

2) Aery's Targaryan was infatuated with Joana Lannister (Tywin's Wife).

3) Tyrion has always been obsessed with dragons. Often having 'Dragon Dreams'. A trait of the Targaryans.

4) Tywin also says many times throughout the series. "You are not my son".
One quote being fairly telling.

"You are an ill-made, spiteful little creature, full of envy, lust and low cunning. Men's laws give you the right to bear my name and display my colors, since I cannot prove that you are not mine."

5) Tyrion survives contact with Greyscale and also survives exposure from the Bloody Flux. Visery's once said that he believed they were immune from disease and afflictions that trouble common men.

This isn't even mentioning the Moqorro's prophecy and the similarities between Tyrion and Viserion and the White Lion.
(edited 8 years ago)
1) Tyrion's hair and eye colour doesn't match that of a typical Lannister. His eyes are also mismatched which is a common sign of cross breeding.

2) Aery's Targaryan was infatuated with Joana Lannister (Tywin's Wife).

3) Tyrion has always been obsessed with dragons. Often having 'Dragon Dreams'. A trait of the Targaryans.

4) Tywin also says many times throughout the series. "You are not my son".
One quote being fairly telling.

"You are an ill-made, spiteful little creature, full of envy, lust and low cunning. Men's laws give you the right to bear my name and display my colors, since I cannot prove that you are not mine."

5) Tyrion survives contact with Greyscale and also survives exposure from the Bloody Flux. Visery's once said that he believed they were immune from disease and afflictions that trouble common men.

I'd certainly like it to be true, and that Tywin quote is interesting, thinking about it in this context.
Yeah, Tywin's hate seems to stem further than "a baby killed my wife so i'll hate him forever".

Considering Jaime is the eldest child, surely he would be the child born by Aerys if it happened during her bedding ceremony? Tyrion is quite a few years younger than Jaime, iirc.

Original post by Rk2k14
Given that he hasn't been mentioned in the show is he out of the picture, or do you think he'll make a surprise visit to Dany?:biggrin:

I can't see him just showing up at Dany's doorstep, I doubt she would believe him if he just showed up and told her :tongue:. Plus he would have a greater claim to the throne than her, so I can't see her just giving up her claim so easily. I hope we see him in the next season, though the s6 trailer didn't show him :frown:.
Original post by tomtjl
Considering Jaime is the eldest child, surely he would be the child born by Aerys if it happened during her bedding ceremony? Tyrion is quite a few years younger than Jaime, iirc.

Don't forget that Jaime and Cercei are twins, so they'd both be Targaryens if that was the case.
Original post by Rk2k14

Aegon has either being written out or some suggest his story has been merged with the Dorne prince.
Don't forget that Jaime and Cercei are twins, so they'd both be Targaryens if that was the case.

Oh I haven't, my point was more to say that Tyrion can't be the dragon because of that one fact. I don't think Jaime or Cersei are Targaeryans either :tongue:.
Original post by tomtjl

I can't see him just showing up at Dany's doorstep, I doubt she would believe him if he just showed up and told her :tongue:. Plus he would have a greater claim to the throne than her, so I can't see her just giving up her claim so easily. I hope we see him in the next season, though the s6 trailer didn't show him :frown:.

It didn't happen at the bedding ceremony.
Joana visited Kings Landing for a tourney, many years later to celebrate Aery's 10 years on the throne.

Anyone else find it odd that

Jon Snow's mother died at birth - 99% confirmed Targaryan
Dany's mother died at birth - 100% Targaryan
Tyrion's mother died at birth - Targaryan???

Smells like some kind of prophecy.
The theory I really enjoy at the moment is The Grand Northern Conspiracy.
https://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/1iwfc1/spoilers_all_the_grand_northern_conspiracy_parts/

It's a massive read, but it's brilliant.
Losing my **** x2
[video="youtube;dKrhgVFTI6I"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKrhgVFTI6I[/video]
Will HBO release another trailer
Original post by Miser101
Will HBO release another trailer

Let me just contact my good friend, the CEO of HBO :biggrin: :biggrin:
This is a rather modest fan-theory, but one of my favourites...

As we all know, King Tommen is rather weak and pathetic, has no backbone, and gets pushed around by everybody. We've all attributed this to him being very young, and being surrounded by people who are striving to manipulate him.

However, what if this isn't the reason why he appears so weak. Maybe he is actually a fundamentally weak character.

Maybe... he's the reincarnation (metaphorically, but also genetically) of his great-grandfather: Tytos Lannister.

:smile:
To all those who said Ghost was dead. (1:50)
Losing my **** x3

[video="youtube;Toam5br4lBE"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Toam5br4lBE[/video]
that clip proves Jon Snow will be bought back,

Latest