Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Game of Thrones- Tv Show- Absolutely no future book spoiler discussion.

Announcements Posted on
  1. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jalomy)
    He was my favourite character until he burnt Shireen. Even after that I was upset that they killed him off (if they did)
    Yeah. I felt he'd make a good king until that.
  2. Offline

(Original post by banterboy)
    Still don't think stannis is dead. I cannot accept it. I will not.
    he isn't
  3. Offline

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I'm sure that John Snow will be alive in the next books and in Season 6, because I even saw some pics from backstage shooting

You can also discover these photos here:
    http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-en...-10496104.html

And, by the way, from season to season TV show is going worse
  4. Offline

ReputationRep:
    Twitter's been going mad over this pic and has receive near enough 40k retweets.
    Cant wait!
  5. Offline

ReputationRep:

Spoiler:
    Show
    WHYYYYYYYYYY NOT SPOILER ALERT
  6. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rk2k14)
    Twitter's been going mad over this pic and has receive near enough 40k retweets.
    Cant wait!
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaa
  7. Offline

ReputationRep:
    Drat, shame his hair didn't go silver.
  8. Offline

ReputationRep:
    I can't wait!

Need me some more Stannis mayhem.
  9. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Yeah. I felt he'd make a good king until that.
    He didn't kill her in the book. The writers of the show just dont like him.
  10. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DavidSilvaMCFC)
    He didn't kill her in the book. The writers of the show just dont like him.
    That's because the books have not got that far yet...?
  11. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    That's because the books have not got that far yet...?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Or perhaps it's because Melissandre never leaves the Wall in the books? .
  12. Offline

ReputationRep:
    Bump!

So I took a break from the books because I have been busy (got up to A Storm of Swords). Picked up A Feast for Crows the other day and after reading a few chapters, I've been reminded why I love the series so much

Apparently this book is the first one according to some critics, I appreciate that it might not live up to all the action offered by the previous books, but surely it cannot be that bad?

For instance, the opening chapter with Doran Martell and his nieces in Dorner (Sun Spear) was fantastic.

Views on the book?
  13. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by King Leonidas)
    Bump!

So I took a break from the books because I have been busy (got up to A Storm of Swords). Picked up A Feast for Crows the other day and after reading a few chapters, I've been reminded why I love the series so much

Apparently this book is the first one according to some critics, I appreciate that it might not live up to all the action offered by the previous books, but surely it cannot be that bad?

For instance, the opening chapter with Doran Martell and his nieces in Dorner (Sun Spear) was fantastic.

Views on the book?
    I haven't read it in a couple of months because life has been on the hectic side but I'm on AFFC as well! I'm just over half way through and I'm thoroughly enjoying it however it seems to be a little boring at times and a lot more static, but that is probably because the next book is going to be action-packed.
  14. Offline

ReputationRep:
    Am I the only one who is a little sad at how I still have to wait 2.5 months for more epic greatness?
  15. Offline

ReputationRep:

I don't know if anyone has already posted this.

(Original post by S-man10)
    he isn't
    https://youtu.be/eOJpBvprRhg?t=4m16s
  16. Offline

ReputationRep:
    The latest trailer for the upcoming season;

17. Offline

ReputationRep:
    About time too, some interesting stuff, needs to be slowed down though to see things though lol. Although not even I noticed as much as this guy notices, if you look closely, the sigils in each shot can be very telling, possible spoilers for non book readers though -

Spoiler:
    Show
    Most interesting stuff for me is Euron Greyjoy on what could be the bridge at Pyke and I'm guessing I know what he's about to do considering I saw Balon Greyjoy in a promo shot, Bran with the Night's King and the possibility that that guy in Targaryen armour could be part of a Tower of Joy flashback which I think we are supposed to be getting this season? There's also a group of 6 men on a sandy plain (which would be the right terrain for the ToJ) and I wonder whether the guy at the front could be a certain ex-Stark?

Bit weird going into this season with no prior book knowledge and the disappointment over GRRM not getting TWOW out before it has affected my enthusiasm for the upcoming season I must admit, I love the books so much and really would have preferred to get some of the big reveals like Jon Snow's parentage from GRRM himself, but still looking forward to it nevertheless, who knows what's a book spoiler and what isn't at this point.
  18. Offline

ReputationRep:
    Another great breakdown here, this guy is my go-to for GoT theories and videos.

19. Offline

ReputationRep:
    I want to get into game of thrones...where is the best and cheapest place to buy the whole seasons available from the beginning.

I havent watched a single episode before so want to start from the beginning.
  20. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxvine)
    I want to get into game of thrones...where is the best and cheapest place to buy the whole seasons available from the beginning.

I havent watched a single episode before so want to start from the beginning.
    Keep an eye on Now TV, at the moment it's got Season One but in the run up to the new season they will probably add all five seasons. If you're a committed binge watcher you can get caught up in a few weeks for the £6.99 one month of Now TV's Entertainment Pass. At very least you can use the free trial to watch Season One in the meantime :yep:

Beyond that, the cheapest I've found it is £60 for the full box set on Zavvi.

http://www.zavvi.com/dvd/game-of-thr...Fc7hGwoddHYCVg

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 30, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR

How to predict exam questions

No crystal ball required

Poll
How will you be voting in the EU referendum?
Useful resources
Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.