The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Realnito
There are no reeds or Ramsay in this season, however it doesn't mean they won't be in season 3. The producers have said they are pushing some content from book 3 forward into season 2, so maybe they are holding back some content for season 3 with the introduction of the Reeds and Ramsay.
Another theory is that Ramsay is to be merged with Roose, however I doubt that would work.

Roose and Ramsey are totally different though. Ramsey's insane and pure evil, he's also not that smart, whereas Roose, while probably being considered evil, is calculating intelligent and much, much less sociopathic than Ramsey.

And damn it I want the Reeds in. Otherwise how is

Spoiler

going to work?
I very much hope they don't merge the Boltons, aside from their penchant for skins they're completely different characters.

Original post by goldenGAZE
So...no Reeds in this season? Have the producers decided to do without them?

Also can't wait to see Ygritte. OMG and the scene when Theon meets Asha for the first time (lol).

Should be hilarious :ahee: They're renaming her as Yara by the way, they don't want people confusing her with Osha.
Reply 842
I have no idea how it will work without the reeds, however we have to realise it is an adaptation and does not have to follow exactly with the books. Some aspects may have to change for the viewer, but it is HBO we are talking about..they will certainly find a way for it to work.
Reply 843
I think the crow will work in place of the Reeds to be honest.
They really think people are that stupid?
Original post by hamijack
They really think people are that stupid?

Well, America is the primary audience ;D
Reply 846
Yara sounds more like Arya, than Osha does to Asha
Yara, Arya, Osha, Asha. Try saying that ten times fast
The Simpsons did a Game of Thrones opening to yesterdays show. I couldn't find it anywhere on youtube, so you'll just have to watch it here. I thought it was pretty cool, tbh.
[video="youtube;UV3RflsNxak"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UV3RflsNxak[/video]

Less than a month! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 849
The box set is out today! :biggrin:
Reply 850
Had the box set on pre-order, didn't come through today though:frown:

Just started Storm of Swords after finishing the ridiculously long Clash of Kings. Great books though.
Just finished watching this series and going to buy the books when I get a chance. What a great series, I've even got my dad and brother watching it.
Reply 852
I always thought Margaery was meant to be hot? There's something weird about the face of the actress playing her but I can't tell what it is.

[video="youtube;L3dCc6xUS8c"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3dCc6xUS8c&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Edit: And I'm also seeing in quite a few places that A Feast for Crows and A Dance with Dragons aren't as good as the first three? A Storm of Swords has been the best one I've read so far, have just started a Feast for Crows.
(edited 12 years ago)
Eah, what happened to Loras. Have they just tried to make him as feminine as possible?
Reply 854
Am I the only one who never thought Loras and Renly were together in the books? I'm not sure if I've just forgotten entirely or missed something. =/
Reply 855
Original post by aliluvschoc
Am I the only one who never thought Loras and Renly were together in the books? I'm not sure if I've just forgotten entirely or missed something. =/

I'm a quarter of the way through a Feast for Crows and nothing like thats been mentioned yet.

It's never explicitly mentioned but it's quite strongly hinted at. Have a read of this:
http://towerofthehand.com/essays/chrisholden/loras_and_renly_gay.html

GRRM himself has also confirmed it.

There were quite a few obvious hints towards it if I remember correctly, although I came from watching the TV show first then the book series so maybe I saw them because I expected them :holmes:

Original post by AugustWestie
It's never explicitly mentioned but it's quite strongly hinted at. Have a read of this:
http://towerofthehand.com/essays/chrisholden/loras_and_renly_gay.html

GRRM himself has also confirmed it.

Jaime came out with the best line in A Storm of Swords :ahee:
"Now sheathe your bloody sword, or I’ll take it from you and shove it up some place even Renly never found."
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 858
They're making a game... :facepalm2:
Reply 859
Original post by Aust1n
They're making a game... :facepalm2:

Supposedly there are 3 being developed, the xbox 360/PS3 game out in May is the first, Big Point are also developing an MMO which I think will be awesome. I can't remember the 3rd one that is being done...

Either way, Season 2 will be great and these games will tide me over till Winds of Winter is finished. :rolleyes:

Latest