Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Game of Thrones- Tv Show- Absolutely no future book spoiler discussion.

Announcements Posted on
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    That's even more confusing :lolwut:
    • 57 followers

ReputationRep:
    I wish TV execs and writers would just not broadly assume that their viewers are too stupid to differentiate between similar characters. :indiff: What might work for America does not apply for the rest of the world!
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QwentyJ)
    I wish TV execs and writers would just not broadly assume that their viewers are too stupid to differentiate between similar characters. :indiff: What might work for America does not apply for the rest of the world!
    Tbf if America don't take to it the rest of the world won't get to see it :dontknow:
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hamijack)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    And also the events of the later books seem to indicate that the religion of the north seems to have some power as well. My money's on Jon being Azor Azhai cos of reasons.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    and the braavos god maybe
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Not strictly related to the TV series but I just came across this on Reddit:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comme..._chapter_from/

Definitely not something to miss for readers of the books.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Lets be honest guys when do they ever stick to a books storyline?
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    I find it interesting to see how they have made these small changes between the book and the TV series. I think sometimes having read all the books already is a bad thing, because it makes you observe these differences, and can effect the enjoyment you get out of it.

Flipside of that is I get no end of enjoyment from knowing that I know where the story is heading, compared to those I know who just watch the show.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    YESSSSSSSSSSS. Finally caught up on Game of Thrones so I can post on and read this thread. I've been so scared of potential spoilers. :ninja:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I've just started reading the books, and love it already :love: I know I'm a late starter, but I've been meaning to get into it for ages
    I estimate I could watch the first three episodes of season one without them spoiling something for me
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DragonHeartstring)
    I've just started reading the books, and love it already :love: I know I'm a late starter, but I've been meaning to get into it for ages
    I estimate I could watch the first three episodes of season one without them spoiling something for me
    You'd be surprised. There are a couple of things from the second book and I think even the third book that made it into the first season. Neither are exactly massively spoilerific, but still.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AugustWestie)
    You'd be surprised. There are a couple of things from the second book and I think even the third book that made it into the first season. Neither are exactly massively spoilerific, but still.
    Aw dammit! Oh well. I think I'm too impatient to read them before watching :rolleyes:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone seen the second ep o' the second season yet?
    It was leaked :3
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmilySarah0802)
    Has anyone seen the second ep o' the second season yet?
    It was leaked :3
    Keep up Quite a lot of people in the thread have discussed it already What did you think of it?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tface)
    Keep up Quite a lot of people in the thread have discussed it already What did you think of it?
    Ooh I only joined TSR today! Haha. I hadn't read through the whole thread properly !
    I enjoyed it!
    Bits and bobs don't follow the books, but that happens with almost all television programmes that have been based on novels I guess .
    I'm really excited for the third season the most really! It begins to delve more into the direwolves, and the most dramatic changes and deaths happen! (Which I won't go into detail about, as I don't want to give away spoilers) .
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmilySarah0802)
    Ooh I only joined TSR today! Haha. I hadn't read through the whole thread properly !
    I enjoyed it!
    Bits and bobs don't follow the books, but that happens with almost all television programmes that have been based on novels I guess .
    I'm really excited for the third season the most really! It begins to delve more into the direwolves, and the most dramatic changes and deaths happen! (Which I won't go into detail about, as I don't want to give away spoilers) .
    Welcome to TSR then

I agree, the third book was incredible, can't wait for that season. I agree that there are a few inconsistencies but they aren't too bad! If you want to write spoilers pertaining to the books you can use
    Spoiler:
    Show
    these!
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    I hate having no episode to look forward to this week
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deshi)
    I hate having no episode to look forward to this week
    Was the second episode one week early for HBO GO just a one-time thing?
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think so.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    I was told it was just leaked, but I'm not sure. :dontknow: At least I have a week to read through A Clash Of Kings.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by briesandwich)
    I was told it was just leaked, but I'm not sure. :dontknow: At least I have a week to read through A Clash Of Kings.
    It leaked because HBO GO customers got the second episode a week earlier and someone recorded and uploaded it.

Enjoy ACOK. I wish I could experience the series for the first time again.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 22, 2014
New on TSR

THE world university rankings 2014-2015 revealed

Will they affect your uni choices?

Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki TV section

Quick link:

Unanswered TV threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.