The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Antonia87
Season 4 of Dexter was without a doubt the most tragic and nail-biting series of them all. You're mad if you dont think so.

I am a fan of Dexter, I also watch True Blood (well 'watched' till next season) and that is way more trashy and has much more sex than game of thrones has.

Don't know how you can disparage Game of Thrones whilst commend True blood for something that is in both shows :confused:
Reply 121
Season 4 of Dexter was without a doubt the most tragic and nail-biting series of them all. You're mad if you dont think so.

lol Trinity sucked ass, was dire
Lol, ask any long-term users on this forum if I'm delicate. And they'll probably laugh at you.
I'm a massive fan of True Blood and that is very rauncy, but it doesnt show tits and sex every two minutes. It gets boring.

lolblood
If there's one thing to criticise this show on, it isn't the totally irrelevant sex scenes. Even that comes second to the terrible terrible terrible script. Dialogue shouldn't be 100% exposition!!!!!! The actors are doing the best they can with the material, but it's failing them big time.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by canimakeit
I am a fan of Dexter, I also watch True Blood (well 'watched' till next season) and that is way more trashy and has much more sex than game of thrones has.

Don't know how you can disparage Game of Thrones whilst commend True blood for something that is in both shows :confused:

You missed the point. A user implied that I didnt like Game of Thrones because I was too "delicate". I said I loved True Blood (and Dexter), which is very raunchy, so its not a matter of being delicate.
Original post by a_t
lol Trinity sucked ass, was dire

You think Trinity sucked ass?

Christ you're hard to please arent you.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 126
Tbh I think the show has considerable promise, but the amount of gratuitous sex etc. is a problem. Not necessarily a problem inherent to the show -it has seemed like HBO have set a threshold for blood and tits that must be met or exceeded since before even Deadwood - but it's a problem nonetheless. They've gotten so infatuated with their status as the 'edgy' network that they feel every show has to be like this, and it's affected the quality of the programs to an extent (for example, who honestly thought Hung, a painfully unfunny dramedy about a guy with a massive dick, was a good idea?), although their output is still largely good.

Also, True Blood is balls.
Reply 127
You missed the point. A user implied that I didnt like Game of Thrones because I was too "delicate". I said I loved True Blood (and Dexter), which is very raunchy, so its not a matter of being delicate.

Twilight fan?
Reply 128
Original post by Christien
Tbh I think the show has considerable promise, but the amount of gratuitous sex etc. is a problem. Not necessarily a problem inherent to the show -it has seemed like HBO have set a threshold for blood and tits that must be met or exceeded since before even Deadwood - but it's a problem nonetheless. They've gotten so infatuated with their status as the 'edgy' network that they feel every show has to be like this, and it's affected the quality of the programs to an extent (for example, who honestly thought Hung, a painfully unfunny dramedy about a guy with a massive dick, was a good idea?), although their output is still largely good.

That's how the books are though. It's a very racy series, lots of sex. I don't have a problem with it to be honest, it helps to create the gritty atmosphere the series has. Anyway, boobs = win (especially if they are Emilia Clarke's)
Original post by Rant
Twilight fan?

I hate Twilight.

Just accept that I dont like Game of Thrones, yeah?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 130
Managed to watch the first episode, there was hardly any sex. Is it that different in the next episode? :unsure:
Reply 131
I hate Twilight.

It's fine. It's not for everyone. Just people who can think. :smile:
I'm enjoying the series so far, watched it becaused of ol' Sean Bean! Some of the stuff is hilarious. Dwarf slapping his nephew :rofl: Definitely more Daenerys and her servant girl :coma: Shame is I have to watch it when no one's around.
Reply 133
Original post by aliluvschoc

Managed to watch the first episode, there was hardly any sex. Is it that different in the next episode? :unsure:

There is less as far as I can remember.
I hate Twilight.

WHY WON'T YOU LIKE IT WHY why why why....:cry2:
Reply 135
Original post by Mess.
There is less as far as I can remember.

Then what is everyone prattling on about? :curious:

Well I'll catch episode 2 soon enough, but to me it seemed very in keeping with the books and the 'era' it was set. I certainly didn't think it was too much by any accounts, perhaps I somehow missed loads of it.

The books them selves were brilliant, the series certainly does not do them justice but it's a great watch (from what I've seen) anyway. :biggrin:
Original post by a_t
Dexter had 2 good seasons, its been in a perpetual state of decline ever since then, I couldn't even watch the latest season I gave up after 2 episodes

Who gives a **** about his dumb kids?

Who gives a **** about ****ing Baptista?

Dexter hasn't been good for years

And True Blood is Buffy with a GCSE in English Lit

Agree with you on Dexter but True blood is good :indiff: what do you not like about it exactly?
Reply 137
Only problem I have, they've screwed up the ages of the characters quite a bit such as the Stark boys (besides Bran) and Daenerys (though I know they obviously couldn't have shot the sex-scenes if they'd used an actual young girl!).

They also don't really explain who's who and what their relationships are, to make it really as clear as it could be for people who haven't read the book.
Reply 138
You think Trinity sucked ass?

Christ you're hard to please arent you.

Hey I liked the first two seasons, but after that he stopped finding bad people to kill and the show lost its core

Tonight is now never the night :frown:

Original post by lukejoshjedi
Agree with you on Dexter but True blood is good :indiff: what do you not like about it exactly?

True Blood is perfectly good as a bit of fluff, but its not the amazing show its painted out to be, its just pure entertainment, kinda like Buffy, The Wire it ain't

Nothing wrong with it being pure entertainment but its nothing more than that
Only problem I have, they've screwed up the ages of the characters quite a bit such as the Stark boys (besides Bran) and Daenerys (though I know they obviously couldn't have shot the sex-scenes if they'd used an actual young girl!).

They also don't really explain who's who and what their relationships are, to make it really as clear as it could be for people who haven't read the book.

I think they made them older because they will have some violent scenes in future (potential sex scene for Robb?) and that gets a little murky if they used people who actually looked around their ages in the book.

Latest