Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Game of Thrones- Tv Show- Absolutely no future book spoiler discussion.

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Can't wait to watch this tonight!!!
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Balls deep in love with that episode. Just wish my copy was HD so I could see the action better.

Spoiler:
    Show
    My only complaint is that I find it ended a bit.. quick. Seemed too Helm's Deep with Tywin just riding back and saving everyone from being raped. But the rest of the battle easily made up for it.

Tyrion giving his little speech to the masses though :awesome: he's such a lad.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Brilliant episode.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    A bit disappointed by that episode in all honesty, it was still good but I don't think it lived up to expectations, although I'm probably just being over critical having only read the Battle of the Blackwater last week.

Spoiler:
    Show
    The battle seemed far too small scale, of course they've got a budget to stick to, but it really seemed like a brief skirmish outside the walls rather than a full on attack on the city, and why was Stannis fighting alone on the wall for so long :|

Tyrion was excellent however.

Anyone else notice how Grand Maester Pycelle sounded a lot like David Attenborough at the beginning?
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Amazing episode

Spoiler:
    Show

Tyrion was great as usual to see. I don't quite understand why that kingsguard guy would want to kill/injure him :confused:
    The fireworks show was great and stannis got what he deserved after killing his bro.

Can't wait till next episode to see dany's story and what the aftermath of all that was.

• 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deshi)
    Spoiler that!!
    why? it was said so in episode 8.

Anyways looking forward to the last episode!

Would be great if the could make a movie out of this somehow!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by newhope)
    why? it was said so in episode 8.

Anyways looking forward to the last episode!

Would be great if the could make a movie out of this somehow!
    Errr because it ruins the end of the latest episode.... Give people half a chance to watch it before blurting the end out!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uxa595)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Tyrion was great as usual to see. I don't quite understand why that kingsguard guy would want to kill/injure him :confused:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Yeah I was a little confused by that too. My only guess was that it was the ex-captain who Tyrion replaced with Bronn but I'm really not too sure. Maybe one of Joffrey or Cersei's plots?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nickini)
    A bit disappointed by that episode in all honesty, it was still good but I don't think it lived up to expectations, although I'm probably just being over critical having only read the Battle of the Blackwater last week.

Spoiler:
    Show
    The battle seemed far too small scale, of course they've got a budget to stick to, but it really seemed like a brief skirmish outside the walls rather than a full on attack on the city, and why was Stannis fighting alone on the wall for so long :|

Tyrion was excellent however.

Anyone else notice how Grand Maester Pycelle sounded a lot like David Attenborough at the beginning?

Spoiler:
    Show
    Of course it seemed too small. It's a TV show. That's what happens, that's why in shows like this and Rome they generally avoid them

This was one of about 3 or 4 episodes so far that I'd call great, and worthy of the praise that gets lavished upon the show.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Logi)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Yeah I was a little confused by that too. My only guess was that it was the ex-captain who Tyrion replaced with Bronn but I'm really not too sure. Maybe one of Joffrey or Cersei's plots?

The ex Lord Commander was sent to the Wall. It was the King's Guard (forget the name) who is always with Geoffrey, the one who beats up Sansa in the Hall.

My hunch is that he was instructed to do so by Censai. Otherwise... who knows. maybe he's just bitter.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by concubine)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Of course it seemed too small. It's a TV show. That's what happens, that's why in shows like this and Rome they generally avoid them
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I appreciate this, however, I've seen videos of how they used pretty basic CGI in series one to create the crowd at the hand's tournament, or the tents at the Lannister's camp, a bit of this multiplication trick would have made it feel like there were more than one hundred soldiers in this battle :/

Although I'm sure the shows producers know what they're doing and have every reason for doing so
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Avoiding this thread for another few hours! Come on GoT air in the UK already! </3
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    This episode was amaaaazing.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ALazyThracian)
    Avoiding this thread for another few hours! Come on GoT air in the UK already! </3
    I can't watch it until the 10 past midnight repeat Stupid younger siblings aren't in bed at 9 o'clock
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harley)
    I can't watch it until the 10 past midnight repeat Stupid younger siblings aren't in bed at 9 o'clock
    Lolol.

Torrents in HD + a 100mbit connection
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uxa595)
    Lolol.

Torrents in HD + a 100mbit connection
    that's the way i role too ahha, just downloaded it lol
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James4d)
    The ex Lord Commander was sent to the Wall. It was the King's Guard (forget the name) who is always with Geoffrey, the one who beats up Sansa in the Hall.

My hunch is that he was instructed to do so by Censai. Otherwise... who knows. maybe he's just bitter.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I was thinking it was Joffrey. Some kind of payback for slapping him about. He'd get *******ed for actually hurting Tyrian but it's very believable he'd be killed in combat. Makes him walking off asking the men to "represent him in battle" seem a bit more threatening...
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    What. An. Episode.
    just brilliant from start to finish...a
    t times this season has threatened to sink under the growing weight of its multiple story-lines but Blackwater rectified that by ignoring everything else in favour of telling us one tense, terrible tale as Stannis and his fleet finally arrived at King's Landing
    can't believe the season is already coming to an end
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    The series finale will be 70 minutes long.:woo:
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm downloading this mofo right now. It's airing a bit later but these days I don't seem to get the living room to myself so i'm downloading to watch anywhere in my house. Else I have to constantly hold the remote incase of a random sex scene. HBO loooove unnecessary sex and titillation. The amount of boobs on display in this series... :no:

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 16, 2014
New on TSR
Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki TV section

Quick link:

Unanswered TV threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.