The Student Room Group

Game of Thrones- Tv Show- Absolutely no future book spoiler discussion.

Come and join in on our discussion! :h:

Spoiler policy
Please remember that there are a lot of posters that have not read the books. So in the interests of full enjoyment...

Book discussion: any discussion of books or plots not yet aired should be posted in the seperate thread for ASOIAF series. PLEASE REPORT ANY BOOK SPOILERS and DO NOT quote them as it makes my life harder when tidying the thread up.
Episode discussion: any discussion about episodes not yet aired in the UK should be spoiler tagged. You are free to discuss them freely and without spoiler tags after they have aired in the UK, which is usually the next day (Monday 10pm).

Use this code for spoilers:
[NOPARSE]

Spoiler

[/NOPARSE]

Game of Thrones is a fantasy epic set in Westeros that interweaves the stories of several characters and kingdoms caught in a civil war struggle for the Iron Throne, largely ignoring the other threats that are closing in. Meanwhile, in the North and at the Wall, the Night's Watch attempts to fight the Wildings whilst an even greater threat posed by the mythical creatures, 'White Walkers', looms in the background and threatens to overwhelm the entire world. To the East, the plot follows the exiled Queen Daenyres Targareyn (and her growing dragons), as she attempts to raise an army to take across the sea, conquer Westeros herself and reclaim the Iron Throne. The show is adapted from the critically and commercially successful 'A Song of Ice and Fire' series by G.R.R. Martin. There will be 10 episodes in season 3 and these will cover the first half of 'A Storm of Swords'.

When? Mondays 9pm
Where? Sky Atlantic
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I am!

I don't understand how we in the UK will be able to watch it though, can't get HBO in the UK. Will it just come out slightly later on the BBC?
I'm really looking forward to it as well. And I would imagine it will either be shown on the BBC (a la 'Rome') or FX ( like 'True Blood'), either way I'm sure Britain will get it at some point, probably with the usual couple of weeks/months delay :frown:
Reply 3
Hell, yeah.
Really looking forward to this and The Walking Dead TV series, the production values on A Game Of Thrones look AMAZING!!!!
HBO's Boardwalk Empire >>>> This

/thread.
Reply 6
it will probably be pretty rapey judging from the source material. can't wait :ahee:
beecher
it will probably be pretty rapey judging from the source material. can't wait :ahee:

Well, if you read the series book 2 is filled with far too many dwarf sex scenes.
Reply 8
Hope it lives up to the books!

The director seems decent so definitely can't wait for this!
Reply 9
Couldn't be more excited if I tried. The teaser is pretty great in terms of atmosphere, but honestly, I'd prefer some casting news (although seems like Loras might have been revealed).

Surely given the source material, HBO, the pilot director, and several of the actors, it really can't go wrong.
Airs in the states tomorrow! Here's a trailer for those who haven't seen it yet.

It. Looks. AWESOME.

edit: On Sky Atlantic 18th April too.
(edited 12 years ago)
I am ridiculously excited for this! :crazy:.

The actors they've cast are pretty much the way I imagined the characters too!
Words cannot describe how excited I am. If it's 1/10th as good as the books it'll be the best thing ever
This is going to be brilliant, and the reviews I've read have been raving about it. :teeth:

On a related note, who is looking forward to the A Dance with Dragons? It took forever. :awesome:
Original post by Pheylan
Downloading in 720p :awesome:

Just finished watching in 720p! :biggrin:

It was good, not amazing but they did manage to introduce most characters, and show us as much blood, boobies and bodies as possible (wouldn't expect anything less from HBO)! I'll definitely be tuning in next week.
Watched the show surprisingly the show stayed true to the book (some minor alterations but that was expected). I liked it, already it shows how the Starks (including Jon Snow and the Uncle in the nightwatch, honor breeds true) are the only people with a moral compass everyone else is just shades of grey.

The best thing is that it shows the reality of life nothing is hidden behind rainbows and Bunny rabbits. Also there is a lot of sex forgot that part, the actress playing Daenerys Targaryen is quite a beauty props to her she plays her part well can't wait to see the strength in her (atm she is kind of broken guess that happens when you have got a sadistic older brother). Tyrion Lannister is also a favourite but that is expected he is probably the best character in the book.

Conclusion:

Was a nice start and I feel it will only get better but then HBO often produce quality :biggrin:
Can I get a WOOP WOOP for Boromir a.k.a. Sharpe a.k.a. Sean Bean!? So glad he's back on t'telleh!

Had my eye on this one ever since Sky Atlantic started up, hope it turns out well tonight. Also made extra special because the Monday lineup has the equally awesome Bored to Death afterwards. For once there is something to watch on Monday nights!

I love Sky Atlantic. Sky's sub is now entirely justified.
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
This is going to be brilliant, and the reviews I've read have been raving about it. :teeth:

On a related note, who is looking forward to the A Dance with Dragons? It took forever. :awesome:

Can't wait either July 12, 2011

Perfect timing I will have finished University.
Reply 18
Original post by Aphotic Cosmos
Can I get a WOOP WOOP for Boromir a.k.a. Sharpe a.k.a. Sean Bean!? So glad he's back on t'telleh!

Had my eye on this one ever since Sky Atlantic started up, hope it turns out well tonight. Also made extra special because the Monday lineup has the equally awesome Bored to Death afterwards. For once there is something to watch on Monday nights!

I love Sky Atlantic. Sky's sub is now entirely justified.

This channel has easily become my favourite on Sky. Lots of top programming on it: 24, X-Files, Sopranos, Battlestar Galactica, Boardwalk Empire etc...

And can't wait to see the first episode, looks an amazing program.
That was even better than I expected :biggrin: Definitely tuning in next week.

Latest