The Student Room Group

AQA COMP3 - 14 June 2010

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
zoidfreak
Yh i agree with you too mate, the book is totally crap. I remember while revising, in just the first 4 units i found like 13 mistakes or something ridiculous like that!

What did you guys get for the degree of relations question, the one to do with making links with:

Subscription Customer and Magazine?

Hehe wow loads of people hate it - probs shouldn't have mentioned it, I guess my view of it is distorted since the teaching we got from the guy was actually amazing. :P

The degrees I got as many-to-many between customer and magazine, one-to-many between customer and subscription, and one to many between magazine and subscription.
Haddock3

The degrees I got as many-to-many between customer and magazine, one-to-many between customer and subscription, and one to many between magazine and subscription.

I got the same.:smile:

Anyone got a copy of the paper uploaded? I want to see it again...

I managed to finish it in 45 mins then left after hour and a half when the classics exam finished......
Reply 42
MHorman
I got the same.:smile:

Anyone got a copy of the paper uploaded? I want to see it again...

I managed to finish it in 45 mins then left after hour and a half when the classics exam finished......

Good, cos I had a massive argument with a mate who reckoned something completely different, so glad someone else agrees - hehe yep I probs could have done it 45 too, but I decided I was gonna be insanely careful first time round and literally write everything I could think of for every question :P
Reply 43
Okay im a little bit less confident as people post more :P

Although all the explain questions which related to specific terms etc i got exactly as worded in the book and from past papers and that was quite a bit of the paper, so hopefully i got this. I think A/B, but hopefully definately a High C and i shall be okay, but it might be tight i think =/
Reply 44
Anyonee got the paper to upload?

Please make a mark scheme someone! I hate not knowing how I did!
Reply 45
lecsiy
Anyonee got the paper to upload?

Please make a mark scheme someone! I hate not knowing how I did!

I really doubt it somehow, the exam boards simply don't release the papers this early! :s-smilie: (Never could figure out why) So unless someone has an AWESOME memory...
When in college tomorrow someone should grab the paper and quickly scan it or jot down the questions...

I'll try but got maths exams...
Reply 47
MHorman
When in college tomorrow someone should grab the paper and quickly scan it or jot down the questions...

I'll try but got maths exams...

Can you DO that? We're not even allowed to look at the things once we're done.
Haddock3
Can you DO that? We're not even allowed to look at the things once we're done.

Well, it'd be a blank one anyway...

Not gonna get my own exam paper and add some more stuff to it...

Although i probs won't be able to do it....
Reply 49
Haddock3
(Then again, the teacher we had last year, who came in for a revision day this year, is a nationally known expert, and wrote the textbook! :P - so maybe we had a slight advantage in that we were being taught by an actual GOD).

Was this Dr Bond? Our teacher praised that guy, and his name seemed to be in all of our textbooks!
Reply 50
MHorman
Well, it'd be a blank one anyway...

Not gonna get my own exam paper and add some more stuff to it...

Although i probs won't be able to do it....

Well obvs - I don't think you'll get one at all, its something about some people maybe not having done it or summat, I dunno.

thomasw234
Was this Dr Bond? Our teacher praised that guy, and his name seemed to be in all of our textbooks!

Thats the guy, absolute legend.
Reply 51
Haddock3
I thought that was insanely easy compared to how it could have been! :P Everyone in our school did it in about 1.30 hours :biggrin: (Then again, the teacher we had last year, who came in for a revision day this year, is a nationally known expert, and wrote the textbook! :P - so maybe we had a slight advantage in that we were being taught by an actual GOD). My main problem was not having enough space in the darned essay Qs - I was writing half-pages for 2-mark Qs!!??!! :P

EDIT: Also, choilfc, yeah the parity bit was 1, and I reckon the other mark was just for knowing that the start and stop bits have to be different, (cos they don't tell you what the idle state of the line is) - so as long as start and stop were different you'll get both marks. :smile:

Sorry, but the book is utterly terrible.
Reply 52
JamesyB
Sorry, but the book is utterly terrible.

Whether or not this is true, at least its better than the AQA Chemistry one.
Reply 53
Somebodys uploaded the paper in this thread here :

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1306171&page=9

Please someone with the time and knowledge please make a mark scheme! would be much much much appreciated!
Reply 54
Somebodys uploaded the paper in this thread here :

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1306171&page=9

Please someone with the time and knowledge please make a mark scheme! would be much much much appreciated!
Reply 55
choilfc
What were the start and stop bits?
I got the even parity bit as 1 as there were an odd number of 1's.

I just assumed that the parity bit was different to the stop and the stop was different to the start so i got stop as 0 and start as 1? That was a total guess though...

The Start bit is 0 and the Stop bit is 1

And even parity is 0 like it is with all other things binary related

And surprisingly I quite liked the book as opposed to everyone in my class who used tthe course companion haha
Reply 56
alithegreat
was the BNF like this

<integer>= +|-<whole number>
<whole number> = <number>|<number><whole number>
<number> = 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9

Not quite, for integer you have it as "An integer is either a ['+'] or ['-' followed by a whole number]" which is not quite true.
Reply 57
I've thrown together a mark scheme, its not perfect, but obviously anyone can make corrections or additions, this is just a startup version I spose. I've put NBs in where I'm not 100% on the scheme as given:

http://rapidshare.com/files/399450978/Comp3_2010_Mark_Scheme.doc.html

Hope rapidshare's ok by everyone.

Here's a direct link to the paper itself: http://www.onestamp.co.uk/COMP3.pdf
Reply 58
For the BNF question I had the expression:

<sign> := +|-

and then

<integer> := <sign><whole number> | <whole number>

(with all the other stuff about whole numbers and digits too).

Would that get the marks?
thomasw234
For the BCN question I had the expression:

<sign> := +|-

and then

<integer> := <sign><whole number> | <whole number>

(with all the other stuff about whole numbers and digits too).

Would that get the marks?

I put the same thing as that, made it look better imo...

I reckon we'd get the marks....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending