The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Geography June 14 2010

How did you think it went??

I answered questions on Glacial and land processes, Rivers and landscapes or something and tectonics..

I think i did really well except the map skills section couldnt figure out if it was a cinema or store ( i put cinema).. and was the street paradise street??

All in all i thought it was pretty easy

ohh and that how are hanging valleys formed (6 marks) wrote 2 sentences :frown: just putr how the glacier deepened the valley l;eaving the tributires that used to be sorta there (cant remember exacly) higher up i think i for 2 marks did a little drawing aswell...
Reply 1
I thought it was a pretty easy paper, thankfully the mapwork was fairly easy, I also got the cinema although I got Hanover street for the other one. I answered Tectonics, Rocks and Landscapes and Rivers so I don't know about the glacier question but all in all I thought that it went pretty well, there wasn't anything really past recalling facts :biggrin:
Reply 2
i got the cinema and hanover street too
did you get 7km for the second question?
and i did rivers, coasts and tectonics
tectonics was a LOT easier than i thought it'd be and i reckon i did pretty well on coasts too, but RIVERS?! it was so hard
9 out of the 15 marks available were on deltas which i had quickly skimmed as i doubted more than a one or two mark question would be available because we had literally written two lines in notes on it during the school year
all of my year was clueless, and my friend even did the question on ecosystems which we hadn't studied because she thought she'd get more marks on it that with the rivers one!
after we got out of the exam, even my teacher didn't have a clue how they managed to squeeze 9 marks out of deltas! :frown:
Reply 3
I did glaciation as well and i know lots of people who couldnt
do that question bout hanging valleys!! I didint do well on that question but i agree it was a fairly easy paper!!
Reply 4
ash, suck my cock
Reply 5
die chris.
Reply 6
but how do you know my name?
Reply 7
because you have a small penis
and because you just told me on msn that you are going to get banned from tsr
good day to you sir
Reply 8
I agree about the deltas, we hardly studied it at all and their wasn't much about it in the textbook either - which is what AQA give for the course!
Reply 9
easiest paper going! the river one, apparently you should have labelled 'distributaries' (yes i thought it was tributaries too), mouth and meander.
I answered tectonics, rivers, coasts - all in all an easier paper! Though, deltas (I agree) were tricky! 9 marks!! I put mouth, tributaries :s-smilie: and sediment? I really didn't know what to put for the third one :P

For skills - I live in Liverpool XD So, I knew the building was the cinema and the street was Hanover Street - also put 7km for the distance.
Reply 11
haha i actually thought in the exam 'isnt this going to be easy for people who live in liverpool?' but then i thought i was being stupid
for deltas did you talk about cuspate, birds foot and fan shaped deltas?
i mentioned birds feet :P but not really no, i'd forgotton the names!
How'd you find paper 2??
Reply 14
HARD!! :frown: AQA Specification 1 .... I did Settlements, Agriculture and Managing resources
paper two was harder! I just wasn't really in the zone at all so my answers were all pretty half hearted. And I really wanted that A* as well :frown: Hopefully my paper 1 and coursework will balance it out.
Reply 16
Keiran:.
HARD!! :frown: AQA Specification 1 .... I did Settlements, Agriculture and Managing resources

Paper 2 was fairly hard, managing resources and settlemennt were Ok but then the questions in Industry made zero sense, and I'd revised loads about footloose industrys but it didn't come up :s-smilie:
Reply 17
cmas123
Paper 2 was fairly hard, managing resources and settlemennt were Ok but then the questions in Industry made zero sense, and I'd revised loads about footloose industrys but it didn't come up :s-smilie:

Anyone know if rice farming in indonesia is plausible?
Reply 18
rasklatz
Anyone know if rice farming in indonesia is plausible?

For industry I did Nike Factory in Indonesia, so I reckon so

Latest

Trending

Trending