The Student Room Group

Wjec IT3 A2.

Anybody else do it today? I found it a lot easier than I was expecting. Found 1 of the questions a but funny about people getting dissatisfied with ICT systems? Oh well anybody else who did it how do you think it was? :smile:
Reply 1
I did it. I thought it went ok - found the synoptic question on health issues a bit annoying though. Did you pick question 9 or 10?
I found that question easy as it was last years work. Stuff like RSI I put? I picked question 9. 10 looked pretty hard with all that database stuff and I had forgot it all from my coursework. What about you?
Reply 3
I thought it went okay :smile: I picked question 9 too and yeah the question about people getting dissatisfied with ICT systems was a bit weird but all the rest were okay :smile:
Reply 4
It was easier than I'd expected; I was anticipating a question about changeover methods and so was happy when it came up. :smile:

Also, I picked question 10, just because I'd done loads of those data normalisation ones and thought, well it's 6 marks for about 3/4 lines. Anybody else here do question 10 because I was a bit confused on what to put in the ward table?
Reply 5
What was the changeover question???
Reply 6
i thought it was easier than i thought it would be, but some questions confused me such as the dissatisfaction one and the one about health issues!
Reply 7
sJonesWales
What was the changeover question???

The one that was on the Implementation part of the SDLC; the one about a system admin who was implementing a new system methinks, and it asked about two changeover strategies (direct and parallel, I did, which are the two mentioned in the syllabus).
Reply 8
Thank God for that :-) Thanks
Reply 9
No probs. :smile:
Reply 10
what did everybody put for the disatisfaction question? i put like bugs and inappropriate hardware/software and security issues and changes in the organisation's needs? i found that a bit tricky and the question on risk analysis we hadn't covered that much :/
also the question on network choice, it said aside from topology issues so that confused me a bit too?
charlodawg
what did everybody put for the disatisfaction question? i put like bugs and inappropriate hardware/software and security issues and changes in the organisation's needs? i found that a bit tricky and the question on risk analysis we hadn't covered that much :/
also the question on network choice, it said aside from topology issues so that confused me a bit too?

Thats what I included in the dissatisfaction as well as repetition. Thats all I could think of! For the network question it was answers like size of the organisation, Security Issues and Cost etc.
Reply 12
CheekyMonkey1001
Thats what I included in the dissatisfaction as well as repetition. Thats all I could think of! For the network question it was answers like size of the organisation, Security Issues and Cost etc.

phew i did that for the topology one :tongue: and we should get at least 1/2 marks then if we both put the same thing and my sister did as well?:woo:
what about risk analysis what do you put for that you cheekymonkey hehe?
charlodawg
phew i did that for the topology one :tongue: and we should get at least 1/2 marks then if we both put the same thing and my sister did as well?:woo:
what about risk analysis what do you put for that you cheekymonkey hehe?

Should be ok then :p: The risk anylasis one I cant remember the question. What was it can you remember? I think I put something along the lines of the likelihood of an attack and the consequences of an attack or something. Can't really remember the question :p:

How do you think you did?
Reply 14
CheekyMonkey1001
Should be ok then :p: The risk anylasis one I cant remember the question. What was it can you remember? I think I put something along the lines of the likelihood of an attack and the consequences of an attack or something. Can't really remember the question :p:

How do you think you did?

me neither i can't remember the question but i put something along those lines too :smile: I think it went ok, i really wanted to get the A* and it went ok, but they're so picky with the mark scheme :/ the risk analysis stumped me but the rest was ok, i didn't actually know the definition for data normalization! in my book it said something like 'the mathematical technique for something?' hopefully i blagged at least 1 mark :woo:

did you talk about the long/short term effects like embarrassment and the cost of replacing the hardware/software/damage to the building and then for the long term all the stuff about financial problems etc?
Reply 15
I know this exam was a while ago, but this has been bugging me.

There were two big questions at the end of this exam, the last two. My friends told me you had to choose between them, but i did both :s-smilie:.
Does anyone know what will happen, will i loose marks? Will they choose the first one?...
Reply 16
hbspudman
I know this exam was a while ago, but this has been bugging me.

There were two big questions at the end of this exam, the last two. My friends told me you had to choose between them, but i did both :s-smilie:.
Does anyone know what will happen, will i loose marks? Will they choose the first one?...

I'm not 100% sure on this but I think they mark them both and give you the best mark, because if you've had enough time to answer both you most probably haven't given sufficient detail in your answers, so they're not going to mark you down for answering both, so you should be alright.
Reply 17
ok thanks for the reply. I barely managed to do both in the time and they probably weren't the best answers, my hand was in pain at the end of the exam, soooooo much writing. Thanks again.
Reply 18
Has onyone found a copy of the paper yet?
Original post by mo9002
Has onyone found a copy of the paper yet?

yes.
pm me if you want it.

Quick Reply