The Student Room Group

Worried about not getting into University?

Scroll to see replies

bacforever3
I dont think I can handle going to my insurance so its all or nothing... and I have history on weds and I just cant get the grade I need :s-smilie:
gutteeedd......

Got history on Wednesday too and if it's Edexcel, I feel your pain...

Need over 100 UMS to secure an A as it stands...
Ok I'm an AS student, University has obviously begun to cross my mind etc with open days.

But those who are expecting AAA's you're not going to miss it by a large margin are you? The worst you'll probably get is ABB, so why not just a gap year? I've heard it's a wonderful experience and then you can always reapply at a lower required uni.

It's not the end of the world so don't worry, and I bet the majority of you have done better than you think, just wait.
Absolutely Terrified.
I've got to get AAB for my firm, and I think I am potentially capable, but seriously. I can't help but feel I could have done something better at some point. Good Luck everyone!
Reply 43
I'm worried about my AS results and that I won't be able to get offers, let alone get the grades required at A2. I'm predicted AABC but I'm most likely going to get ABCE... Seriously ******** my pants.

Can't sleep.
I need BBB, but it specifically says a B in history and I was mega ill for my history exam :frown: like literally having loads of tests done and everything at the doctors. Then I majorly messed up the first question in my theatre exam, the second question was solid and then I didn't even have time to finish the third question... and now I have Psychology in a weeks time and I literally know nothing :s-smilie: It's all going so terribly and I was predicted AAA as well. I feel like I'm going to be so disappointed on results day :frown: I really don't know what I'll do with myself if I don't get in. I reaallly need to leave this place and have a fresh start. Also, I'm 19 (took a year out inbetween GCSE's and A levels) so it'll suck if I have to start uni at 20 :frown: It's so stressful! I've been going to sleep at like 4am every night because I'm so stressed :frown: ahh I can't wait for this time next week when it's all over and I can just put it behind me and have occassional blind panics lol.
I would have been like this 24/7 :woo:
but because of my bloody ISA's Im more like :cry:
Reply 46
elspethseisay
My offer is CCC 240 points, thats well within my reach and although the uni wan't my first choice (or second) i'm now loving the idea of going there. However, do they not ask for points too ? Can other grades not help to make up those points.. for example by the end of exams i'll have got 3 a levls but i have 2 as levels and key skills that could push up my points if i totally break down in the exam? can u not go by points alone?
and try not to worry, the more relaxed you are the better you'll do in your exams, trust me! x

I picked a good firm (Sussex) but a terrible insurance... So I feel as though I'm fighting for survival here. If I go to my insurance I am DOOMED forever! Honestly... my insurance is hertfordshire (Law)
Need ABB + B for my firm, which I have my heart set on.
Now I need a low D in my Psychology exam to get an A, so that's absolutely fiiine.
However, I'm on a A from Bio last year but then AQA mucked it all up in January and in that module I got a C (retaking tomorrow!), and I'm on a B from History last year, but I'm petrified it's going to drop.
The B in AS Chemistry should've been fine for me, but the Unit 2 exam really didn't go well.

Just want what I need to go to York :frown:

The worse thing is, if I don't get in, I have absolutely no back-up plan, no idea what I'd do. The uncertainty kills me.
Reply 48
aprilterri
like me. I need BBB think I'll get BBC I have no insurance

this is exactly the same as my choice, and i think i will get BBC also :frown:
Reply 49
321kate
this is exactly the same as my choice, and i think i will get BBC also :frown:

Im in the same situation but already have BBD. Im retaking the D but messed up my last exam and wouldnt be surprised to get a D again. Id be very happy with a C as im 90% sure the uni ive applied to would accept that.

For now i'll hope they'll accept me whatever otherwise I dont know what i'll do next year.
Reply 50
Hell yes! Especially with the Government making cuts in University places! What's the figure? Jesus :frown:

I need AAA for my Firm and 300 points for my insurance.. :frown:

Yeah, same here!
I need 280 points for my firm..
The one I was gonna put as my firm was ABB but I didn't end up putting it down in the end because of the course structure. In a way I'm glad because I'll be doing the right course, but if I'd have had to get ABB I would have worked harder.

In Sociology I'm pretty sure I can get an A but I haven't even started revising properly and my exams in 2 weeks, I did 66% to get an A, and I'm gonna have 10 solid days to revise it.

For History I really, really want a B but I don't think I can get it now, I got a B at AS with resits in Jan, but then got a low mark in my coursework which means I have to get like 90% in my final exam tomorrow to get a B, not gonna happen :frown:

Chemistry.. well I've got a high B at AS but got a C in Jan exam, resitting it on Thursday but I'm not sure how that'll go! And CH5 is just so hard, so I have no idea if I'm gonna get a B in that.

At the moment I'm thinking i might get ACC, which is still 280 points thank god, so I'd still get in, but I really wanted ABB. I'd be happy with ABC though :smile:

It's all so annoying because at the start of year 13 I wanted 3 As! In Biology, Chemistry and Sociology but I changed subjects :frown:
Reply 52
this is why I did a btec, i have a true hate for a levels.
Reply 53
Some days I think I can do it, other days I want to weep and curl up in a corner and die.

I'm quite happy with both my Firm and Insurance- Although Liverpool is better as a university, I really like Newcastle as a place and would not be annoyed at all if I only got into there. Imagining the C would be in German- I hate german so much right now, its inhuman.
skunky x
Some days I think I can do it, other days I want to weep and curl up in a corner and die.

I'm quite happy with both my Firm and Insurance- Although Liverpool is better as a university, I really like Newcastle as a place and would not be annoyed at all if I only got into there. Imagining the C would be in German- I hate german so much right now, its inhuman.

I'm like that too, one day I'm like yeah you can do it, you're gonna get ABB (I don't need ABB but its what I want) and then my HY2 resit went not awful but could have been better the other day, it wasn't on my strong points, it was about Charles I's death and stuff and not Personal Rule which I know off by heart which has really put me down now, there's hardly any chance I'm gonna get a B at A Level now, because HY4 is a really hard unit! I'm not gonna get an A in it to be able to get a B overall :frown:

And then some days (like today) I am staring at my Chemistry folder and seem to be reading the same page over and over again, and its not sinking in. I feel like I know everything but when I try and do speciment papers I can't think of the answers!
Reply 55
BabyGirl92
I'm like that too, one day I'm like yeah you can do it, you're gonna get ABB (I don't need ABB but its what I want) and then my HY2 resit went not awful but could have been better the other day, it wasn't on my strong points, it was about Charles I's death and stuff and not Personal Rule which I know off by heart which has really put me down now, there's hardly any chance I'm gonna get a B at A Level now, because HY4 is a really hard unit! I'm not gonna get an A in it to be able to get a B overall :frown:

And then some days (like today) I am staring at my Chemistry folder and seem to be reading the same page over and over again, and its not sinking in. I feel like I know everything but when I try and do speciment papers I can't think of the answers!

It's my essay technique that's letting me down at the moment. I can reel off facts but I cannot make them sound good in an essay. And then I try and over compensate by using flowery language and just end up having no argument in my paragraphs. Which inevitably sucks...
skunky x
It's my essay technique that's letting me down at the moment. I can reel off facts but I cannot make them sound good in an essay. And then I try and over compensate by using flowery language and just end up having no argument in my paragraphs. Which inevitably sucks...

I know what you mean. In my head I can think of all the facts and I could write them down in bullet points, but when it comes to the essays it's really hard to write it down in the correct way. What topics are you doing? I'm doing Charles I/Cromwell for the in-depth study so I have to do a 40 mark question on either of them, and for the period study I'm doing Europe 1945-90 and Germany 1870-1990. I quite enjoy what I'm studying but can't seem to get it right in the exams :frown:
Reply 57
I need AAB (340 points in three) for firm and ABB or AAC (grade specific) for my insurance. My two A subjects are mostly coursework and I finished in May so fingers x'd the coursework doesn't get moderated :frown: My B/C one I am hoping to get a C on, wont get a B for definite. Its just the worry more for me of if the courseworks are knocked down because I have no control at all over that :frown:
TomH999
this is why I did a btec, i have a true hate for a levels.

I really wanted to go to college to do a BTEC, but it was really far away from where I live so it just wasn't practical. Seems like everything would have been better there though, different people, different place!
Reply 59
This is exactly why I didn't apply to university until after I had my A-level results. The worrying would've killed me.

But honestly, everyone I knew at results day did better than they thought they had done, myself included. I expected ACD and ended up with ABB. You might surprise yourself!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending