The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Why isnt Queen Mary high in league tables, I swear they did good in the RAE assessment aswell?
Imperial obviously. Pretty soon, they will be too good to be ranked with other universities and will stand alone atop a mountain of prestige.

Clearly.
Jack.O
I think DMU is set for quite a big rise - they've gone up 29 places in Business alone. :smile: They've also done well in the RAE, particularly in English. The Times even ranks their English course as better than KCL, so not too shabby at all!

I also hear very good things about Loughborough and Oxford Brookes. :smile:

I spoke to someone from Oxford Brookes recently. He said that the people at the University of Oxford call it "The Early Learning Centre"

:p:
Reply 43
Laurah5498
Keele :smile: (no bias at all...)

Well, I hope it does so that I don't have to keep explaining where it is to most of my friends and family!

This!
When someone asks me about where I'm going for uni, the conversation goes something like:
Them : Where are you going?
Me : Oh, you wouldn't have heard of it.
Them : No tell me!
Me : Keele
Them : I've never heard of that one! Where is it?
Me : Up north, on top of a hill in the middle of nowhere
Them : Oh...
:wink:
Oxford University definitely
Reply 45
Paranoid//Android
Not related, but who is that in your sig? Tissues are very much at the ready.
:dice:

Zooey Deschanel <3

Please note: the picture is a (very good) fake.
mkhan
yes apparantly so. My brother just graduated from keele with a degree in maths and has gone straight into a £36000 job. Apparantly the majority the year got good placement, and its backed up by the graduate prospects on the times and the guardian. Its improved a lot lately, just gutted i didn't get my offer to go there. :frown:

Manchester's always had a good rep though

WOW.
I heard Brunel is on the rise. Especially after recently spending a lot of money, they are known to have quite good spending per head and that will pay off. looking at their league position halving in the nexxt few years i think. Still not excellent but very good in my opinion. Although I wouldn't apply there personally lol.
Shook
Zooey Deschanel <3

Please note: the picture is a (very good) fake.

What, they photo shopped her clothes off or something? Either way she is very :yep:.
It is about time that Cambridge should be number 1, the other place has been falling on almost every world ranking but has maintained the number 1 ranking in the UK :P
Reply 50
kingston! :smile:
exeter made a really big leap recently, and they''re still investing and throwing money around, could see them cracking the top ten in the next 5 years
I hOpe no one is posting seriously here. Rankings are useless because where rankings matter ie law and ib, employers have their own rankingS
Reply 53
thedepressedchild
Oxford University definitely

Ha! Oxford's a complete dump!
Reply 54
LSE might rise in a few subject tables as they have risen entry requirements for quite a few courses (for 2011 entry).
I've always thought 'average entry tariff' (or whatever they call it) was a stupid league table criterion though.
Chichester, due to its pro-active approach to gaining Student feedback, hence, it nearly always tops the list of student satisfaction.

I was informed of this by a member of staff from Royal Holloway, who worked as a researcher for Chi Uni, and had lectured for Kingston Uni as well!

Apparently, Chichester has an ethic of treating the students fairly?
Are we talking in terms of teaching or research? They don't necessarily go hand in hand!
Reply 57
I think that the OP was referring to a Lancaster-type rise in the rankings, and not Kingston hitting place 50..
Reply 58
is this just everyone mentioning their uni? ok then

UCL will shoot up in the rankings
aerob89
is this just everyone mentioning their uni? ok then

UCL will shoot up in the rankings

It's pretty high anyway!

Latest

Trending

Trending