The Student Room Group
Reply 1
mac32
Hey, I am an EU applicant (no A Levels) and I would like to know what kind of proofs (certificates, etc) do they ask from the Admissions office after the offer.

generally you have to bring your certificates at the start of term or to the interview along with lots of ID.
Reply 2
Sambo2
generally you have to bring your certificates at the start of term or to the interview along with lots of ID.

Wheres Bute med school?
Reply 5
Thanks for the reply. I have an issue though... I have sent my certificates for translation into English to the local British Council and they have written on every page "The British Council accepts no responsibility for the authenticity of the provided document". Would they accept such a translation? It sounds as I have forged the document I gave them to translate!
Reply 6
mac32
Thanks for the reply. I have an issue though... I have sent my certificates for translation into English to the local British Council and they have written on every page "The British Council accepts no responsibility for the authenticity of the provided document". Would they accept such a translation? It sounds as I have forged the document I gave them to translate!

Well I'm sure this isn't a unique thing that the British Council have chosen to write on just your translations, so I bet they'll have seen this countless times before. All it means is that by translating them the British Council are not endorsing them, as they haven't done anything to check the authenticity of them - doesn't sound like you've faked them at all.
Reply 7
Phalanges
Well I'm sure this isn't a unique thing that the British Council have chosen to write on just your translations, so I bet they'll have seen this countless times before. All it means is that by translating them the British Council are not endorsing them, as they haven't done anything to check the authenticity of them - doesn't sound like you've faked them at all.

Yes, I understand that but how the university makes sure that they are for real? Will they contact the school/university that issued them? Shouldn't I prove to them that they are indeed original?
Reply 8
mac32
Yes, I understand that but how the university makes sure that they are for real? Will they contact the school/university that issued them? Shouldn't I prove to them that they are indeed original?

If there's any doubt then they might check with your school college, you could just attach a note with contact details for your school? But I'm sure it'll be fine, don't worry!
Reply 9
Generally universities are very good at noticing fakes. If they have any doubts they will contact the issuing authority.
mac32

Which documents are you having translated?
Reply 11
sam.hunton
Generally universities are very good at noticing fakes. If they have any doubts they will contact the issuing authority.

OK, thank you. The whole "no liability" thing troubled me a lot!
Reply 12
AnonymousPenguin
Which documents are you having translated?

My high school diploma, my BA degree.
mac32
My high school diploma, my BA degree.

If you hold an offer, I think it's best to ask the university what they want. I'm also an EU applicant and the way I'd approach this would be to get a certified copy and send that together with the translated copy. I don't know how it works in your country, but here government offices will certify a copy for a small fee.

EDIT: You'll also have to get the equivalent of a CRB check in your country.
Reply 14
Thanks a lot both of you!
I really appreciate your input

Latest

Trending

Trending