The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

possibly the worst exam ever. if was impossible
Reply 2
LOL that exam was awful! The first question was the only thing which was piss easy...when I flipped over that page to the Sin and Cos thingies, my mind exploded.
I remember when i did the FSMQ. I hated maths, thought the paper was impossible.

I ended up with an A :confused:

So it may not have been as bad as you all thought
Ouch.. that was mean of OCR to give us such an evil paper - was it just me, or did today's paper seem a lot harder than any other past paper - and I've done all of them!

Ah well, what's done is done and if we all found it hard, then surely grade boundaries will be lower :smile:
mastermind_107
Ouch.. that was mean of OCR to give us such an evil paper - was it just me, or did today's paper seem a lot harder than any other past paper - and I've done all of them!

Ah well, what's done is done and if we all found it hard, then surely grade boundaries will be lower :smile:

I really thought the paper was much harder than past papers! Question 11 on the angle of elevation was confusing and I couldn't work out what they wanted. I failed miserably. :frown: Oh well, low grade boundaries hopefully.
Reply 6
I thought it was okay? It seemed very intuitive, much easier than some of the past papers I had done. And only required a small amount of the knowledge that you are expected to learn mindlessly.

Anyone else got feedback on the paper :P hope I didn't find it easy because I did it wrong.
Reply 7
john_bishop1
I really thought the paper was much harder than past papers! Question 11 on the angle of elevation was confusing and I couldn't work out what they wanted. I failed miserably. :frown: Oh well, low grade boundaries hopefully.

Don't worry about the triangle question, it wasnt too many marks as if you could see it it was simple, if not then you had no chance. I think the angle of elavation was only 1 mark, rest for working and length of CF. ?
maznaryk
I thought it was okay? It seemed very intuitive, much easier than some of the past papers I had done. And only required a small amount of the knowledge that you are expected to learn mindlessly.

Anyone else got feedback on the paper :P hope I didn't find it easy because I did it wrong.

Haha, well personally I thought it was more difficult than many past papers but overall, yeah, I think it was okay.

But Q13 annoyed me to no end - my mind went blank until the very end when I managed to answer part i) and iii) but not ii) which was rather annoying but oh well.. 5 marks.. meh..
Reply 9
Was 13 the question with Ali and Beth ?
maznaryk
Was 13 the question with Ali and Beth ?

Yep.

So annoying since as I was walking out the exam hall, everything just clicked into place.. ugh :mad:

Why on earth could it not have clicked into place earlier... :rolleyes:
Reply 11
mastermind_107
Yep.

So annoying since as I was walking out the exam hall, everything just clicked into place.. ugh :mad:

Why on earth could it not have clicked into place earlier... :rolleyes:

Lol. I stared at that question blankly for about 15 minutes before I just got it. Once you see it, it is simple, just annoying :P.
Reply 12
I flopped too, Very Hard Paper should have maybe scraped an E but I dont mind I started the course in Christmas I was Barely entered I feel sorry for business people 2 exams in one slot LOL. Anyway it was bad but hopefully seeing u guys react the Grade boundaries will be lowered A LOT.

Good luck for ur final exams I got 2 more Geo DME re-sit and Gfix Paper 2 Inshallah every1 gets A*'s :smile:
maznaryk
Lol. I stared at that question blankly for about 15 minutes before I just got it. Once you see it, it is simple, just annoying :P.

Haha tell me about it! Soooooo veryyyyy annoying...

I'm really, realllyyyy hopeful that it doesn't cost me an A.

But yeah.. hope you get an A too!
Reply 14
mastermind_107
Haha tell me about it! Soooooo veryyyyy annoying...

I'm really, realllyyyy hopeful that it doesn't cost me an A.

But yeah.. hope you get an A too!

Thanks :smile: you too. And considering how most people felt I imagine you can flop a couple of whole questions and still hold onto your A, considering the usal grade boundaries. Don't worry about it :P
Reply 15
Bslforever
I remember when i did the FSMQ. I hated maths, thought the paper was impossible.

I ended up with an A :confused:

So it may not have been as bad as you all thought

Look at your Grades Your like Ultra A* kid we cannt compare ourselves to you. Nice results BTW I admire your gift and hardwork
Reply 16
That paper today was much, much harder than any of the past papers that weve done. I gave up on the sin,cos identity one. I completely forgot how to find the maximum and minimum points, although, I differeciated it perfectly, but forgot the next steps.. Think I got a C though :smile:

The easiest bits were the dice probability question, the first inequality, and the first couple of steps of the triangle with tower question.

BTW, did anyone get 5 large and 5 small trucks with the restrictions for the last few questions?
Reply 17
davespring

BTW, did anyone get 5 large and 5 small trucks with the restrictions for the last few questions?

yeah i got 5 and 5 :smile: that paper was soooo hard!!! hope the grade boundaries are lowered!!
Reply 18
chloe45
yeah i got 5 and 5 :smile: that paper was soooo hard!!! hope the grade boundaries are lowered!!

Thank god for that :L Yeah, they should be lowered :smile:
Reply 19
maznaryk

well done! you got it in the end!

I beat you to that, haha, I stared at the question clueless for about 40 mins before it clicked No exaggeration at all, when I went back to attempt that question, I kept thinking "Ali makes 3 more components than Beth every hour... hmm ... that piece of info must be useful somehow" and when it finally clicked after a full 40 mins.... realised how stupid I was. =( that 5 marks took me 40 minutes to get.

VERY frustrating. >=(

Latest