The Student Room Group

Unofficial AQA Pure Core 4 Mark scheme 15.06.2010

here is a mark scheme i compiled with some friends; troplouis, Joeworrall, Cakiej.

Q1 Factor theorem
(a) –4 (2)
(b)(i) 3 (2)
(b)(ii) a=2, b=2, c= -3 (3)

Q2 Parametric Equations
(a) -2t^2 (3)
(b) y – 3 = (x+2)/2 (4)
(c) y= 1 + 2((1/3(1 – x))^3 (2)

Q3 Partial fractions
(a) a=2, B=1 (3)
(b) 2ln(x – 1) + 1/3ln(3x – 2) +c (2)
(c) P= 3 Q=4 R=-1 (3)

Q4 Binomial Expansion
(a) 1 +3/2x + 3/8x^2 (2)
(b) 64 +54x- 243/32x^2 (3)
(c) 46 +27/32 (2)

Q5 Trig
(a) Use 1-2sin^2x (3)
(b) Sinx= 1 , Sinx= -2/3 (2)
(c) (i) R =13^0.5, alpha=33.7 (3)
(ii) x = 69.9, 143.8 (2)

Q6 Implicit differentiation
(a) x = 2 (2)
(b) –3/2 (5)

Q7 Vectors
(a) Can’t remember (3)
(b) (i)Lambda=-1 Mew=3 (4)
(c) (ii)forgotten (1)
(d) C could be point (-1,-1,1) or (3,-1,3) (4)
If you got that for (d) then it’s likely you’ve got all the marks for the question.

Q8 Differential equations
(a) x=(9-t/10)^2 - 1 OE (6)
(b) 8% (2)
(c) dA/dt= KA(9-A) (2)
(d) 15.4 Hours (4)

We're pretty sure all these are right. Couldn't remember the exact points for the vector question and didn't want to guess, if anyone remembers tell me and I'll change it.

MackaBizzle, Troplouis, Joeworrall, Cakiej.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
If the above is right then I've lost 2 for 7d) and 2 for 8c)
Thanks, a lot of these answers look like the ones I got so it's reassuring :smile: Though I didn't get 6 or 8d, guess that A* is out of the question :-/
Reply 3
Looks right to me, would have got 100% if i hadn't made 1 stupid mistake as well :frown:.
Reply 4
How many marks do you think I would get if I used A=50 for the last question and solve for t correctly?
For the two values of C I got (-1, -1, 1) and (5, -5, 1)

Any chance of showing how you get (3, -1, 3)?

But thanks so much for this, it's reassuring. By predictions, I've got about 93% which is good because I'm going for an A*.
Reply 6
x_LiNk_x
How many marks do you think I would get if I used A=50 for the last question and solve for t correctly?

did you get 17.6?
x_LiNk_x

If you used A=50 for the last question you couldn't have got an answer because you ended up with ln(-something). Which you can't have. Trust me, I tried that to begin with then realised what I'd done wrong.
Reply 8
Is this today's exam?
Reply 9
youre welcome guys, we thought it would be good if someone actually made a markscheme so i quickly checked over my answers before writing down the questions and marks :wink: good work james lewis & katie! hope this helps people :smile:
Reply 10
griffin92
Is this today's exam?

yes :biggrin:
Reply 11
Wednesday Bass
For the two values of C I got (-1, -1, 1) and (5, -5, 1)

Any chance of showing how you get (3, -1, 3)?

But thanks so much for this, it's reassuring. By predictions, I've got about 93% which is good because I'm going for an A*.

sorry, i can't remember any of the values for the coordinates, so it's quite hard to explain.
could you show me what you did and then I'll see where i think you've gone wrong.
Reply 12
what was the question for 4a?
Reply 13
Wednesday Bass
If you used A=50 for the last question you couldn't have got an answer because you ended up with ln(-something). Which you can't have. Trust me, I tried that to begin with then realised what I'd done wrong.

Yeah that's what I got, but I just left it in that form, I ran out of time so couldn't go back in check :/

Do you think I'll get anything for it?
Question 3, part C; R = 5. I'm pretty certain
Reply 15
I think I will have lost a few marks for silly things but the only one I know I got wrong/missed part of was 7d. A is in the bag. A* is unlikely.
Reply 16
question 4a? anyone remember?
alexs2602
Question 3, part C; R = 5. I'm pretty certain

I got R= -1 aswell, and I'm sure thats right.

Messed up 7d, got the same for the rest but can't remember Q1 and 2 well but I thought they were easy so should be fine. I really hope I've gotten the A*
Reply 18
SheffDon

(1+x)^1.5 find the series expansion up until the x^2 term..
SheffDon

I think I got 1 + 3x/2 + 3x^2/8

Latest