The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
MackaBizzle
That'll be at most a mark, so no problem really.
They usually say anything which rounds to anyway, so i wouldn't worry, did you find the rest ok?

Most questions were fairly straight forward. But I got that last part of the vector question completely wrong, and some other silly errors.

What question was it where people got 8%? I got 10% in one part :s-smilie:
Reply 81
MackaBizzle
here is a mark scheme i compiled with some friends; troplouis, Joeworrall, Cakiej.

We're pretty sure all these are right. Couldn't remember the exact points for the vector question and didn't want to guess, if anyone remembers tell me and I'll change it.

MackaBizzle, Troplouis, Joeworrall, Cakiej.

That's great thanks a lot! buttt do you have the questions? you must have if you did the answers?
Reply 82
Zeento
That's great thanks a lot! buttt do you have the questions? you must have if you did the answers?

we don;t have the questions or the answers, we just remembered as many as we could :smile:

so we could i suppose try to remember the questions too but that sounds like effort :P
Reply 83
TropLouis
we don;t have the questions or the answers, we just remembered as many as we could :smile:

so we could i suppose try to remember the questions too but that sounds like effort :P

lol ok never mind, i found the paper so easy but from these answers it seems like ive only got about 52 marks out of 75 which is just 70%.. how did you find it? it was much nicer than the past papers don't you think?
Reply 84
Zeento
lol ok never mind, i found the paper so easy but from these answers it seems like ive only got about 52 marks out of 75 which is just 70%.. how did you find it? it was much nicer than the past papers don't you think?

i dunno i think i found it on a par with the past papers, actually i found the vectors bit fairly difficult. what do you need for your offer?
Reply 85
TropLouis
she's going to Keeble :smile:

well played on the four offers, when do you finish your exams? any summer plans apart from reading, of course :tongue:

Oh cool, that's a really nice college and right near the science department as well :smile:. I've got chemistry on Thursday and Physics on Friday then I'm done, can't wait :p: . This Summer I'm off on holiday with my friend but apart from that I'm gonna have to get a job :rolleyes: and then just the usual, football everyday and out every night :yep: wbu?
Reply 86
TigerJack
Oh cool, that's a really nice college and right near the science department as well :smile:. I've got chemistry on Thursday and Physics on Friday then I'm done, can't wait :p: . This Summer I'm off on holiday with my friend but apart from that I'm gonna have to get a job :rolleyes: and then just the usual, football everyday and out every night :yep: wbu?

you finish on Friday!! i hate you, i have to suffer 2 more weeks of this.

I'm going to wake stock (with mackabizzle), family holiday, consistently unsafe blood alcohol levels... that kind of thing :smile:
Reply 87
TropLouis
i dunno i think i found it on a par with the past papers, actually i found the vectors bit fairly difficult. what do you need for your offer?

I need 3 B's but i think im more likely to get ABC. Do you think they will accept me? If they do then I need a C in maths but I got a D overall for AS coz i never used to revise :o: wbu?
Wednesday Bass
For the two values of C I got (-1, -1, 1) and (5, -5, 1)

Any chance of showing how you get (3, -1, 3)?

But thanks so much for this, it's reassuring. By predictions, I've got about 93% which is good because I'm going for an A*.

This is exactly what i got...
My mate got the 3's one and I did that one value twice and used different vectors and got the same answer.
Reply 89
TropLouis
you finish on Friday!! i hate you, i have to suffer 2 more weeks of this.

I'm going to wake stock (with mackabizzle), family holiday, consistently unsafe blood alcohol levels... that kind of thing :smile:

Haha, unlucky and nice about wake stock, I bet that'd be pretty cool, loads of my friends are off to Leeds Fes. Haha, yeh so much alcohol these hols, definitely off and a load of random drives/ camping trips / caravanning with mates, see where that takes me :p:
Reply 90
68/75 being strict. Do you think grade boundaries will be raised?
Jfranny
68/75 being strict. Do you think grade boundaries will be raised?

Highly likely, I suspect 62/63 for an A.
Reply 92
TigerJack
Haha, unlucky and nice about wake stock, I bet that'd be pretty cool, loads of my friends are off to Leeds Fes. Haha, yeh so much alcohol these hols, definitely off and a load of random drives/ camping trips / caravanning with mates, see where that takes me :p:

nice, you driving yet?

me and a few mates are planning a camping trip to helvellyn, red tarn :smile: do you know lakes at all?
Reply 93
Zeento
I need 3 B's but i think im more likely to get ABC. Do you think they will accept me? If they do then I need a C in maths but I got a D overall for AS coz i never used to revise :o: wbu?

i need A*AA, so quite stressed :P

i don't know tbh if they would accept you. my suspicion is yes, they would. Depends on how many people make their offer this year for that particular uni.
Reply 94
Katermerang
Highly likely, I suspect 62/63 for an A.

argh **** - although I expect C3 boundaries will be lowered? :confused:
67/75, being strict. Need 85 for an A* - it's gonna be close :s-smilie:
Reply 96
TropLouis
nice, you driving yet?

me and a few mates are planning a camping trip to helvellyn, red tarn :smile: do you know lakes at all?

I've not passed yet but I have my test within the month. Quite a few of my friends have cars though and one of my mates has a brand new peugeot 207 that's really nice (jammy get). I'm afraid I don't know lakes because when my and mates go camping we tend to go up Scarborough way. So did you guys 100% this core 4 paper or go home and work it out btw?
Reply 97
El Guerrouj
67/75, being strict. Need 85 for an A* - it's gonna be close :s-smilie:

have you already sat C3?
Jfranny
have you already sat C3?

Yeah got 95
Reply 99
Great job on the mark scheme by the way. I'm unsure about questions 4b) and 4c). Why is there a negative sign for the coefficient of x^2?Why is the sign reversed in 4c) if it is being multiplied by (-1/3)^2, presuming the negative sign is correct? Thanks.

Latest

Trending

Trending