Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anime!

Announcements Posted on
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I hope it never gets released outside Japan. They don't deserve to watch a great anime such as Naruto and Full Metal Alchemist.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chidori)
    I hope it never gets released outside Japan. They don't deserve to watch a great anime such as Naruto and Full Metal Alchemist.
    Too late as far as FMA is concerned.

http://www.fullmetalalchemist.com -Hmm...looks like they've taken it down, but they did have another trailer with Al's dubbed American (Texan!) voice on it. Not nice.

I don't think it's so much a case of 'deserving' but I think they should have to watch it uncut with subs - dubbings and edits wont do the series justice. I feel like I want people to appreciate it properly. But I wont go on a dub rant again today.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    Too late as far as FMA is concerned.

http://www.fullmetalalchemist.com -Hmm...looks like they've taken it down, but they did have another trailer with Al's dubbed American (Texan!) voice on it. Not nice.

I don't think it's so much a case of 'deserving' but I think they should have to watch it uncut with subs - dubbings and edits wont do the series justice. I feel like I want people to appreciate it properly. But I wont go on a dub rant again today.
    That makes me wonder what the orginal japanese pokemon was like
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    i'm not too much of a anime fan, but i do like astro boy which is doing its rounds on cbbc at the moment . who else likes this excellent animation? i think the big nose professor rochey (excuse my spelling) looks like the burger guy on the old popeye cartoons
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superomega1)
    i'm not too much of a anime fan, but i do like astro boy which is doing its rounds on cbbc at the moment . who else likes this excellent animation? i think the big nose professor rochey (excuse my spelling) looks like the burger guy on the old popeye cartoons
    you have to remember that americanised anime is almost nothing like the orginal japanese versions. For one thing, there is likely to be editing of the actual series along with dubbing with stupid american dubbing.
    If you want to see a really quality subbed anime (has subtitles and has japanese voices) try naruto (http://www.narutofan.com)

(Original post by Egan1)
    What's Noir like? I was pondering buying some as it's paryt of play's 2 for £22 at the moment, but I probably wont. Am already buying various other series at the moment, and unfortunatly, it's not cheap.

I wont list all the animes I've seen, would take a while, and probably wouldn't mean a lot. I'm going to have to ban myself come exam time, or at least severely restrict my watching.
    ~~
    I had (my friend borrowed it, STILL WAITING FOR HER TO RETURN!) the first Noir DVD. It is NICE! The story is really interesting and the animation is the best I've seen in a while. LOVE the animation! And it's the only anime that I like the English dub better, because they're in France and have the proper accents. You should buy it.
    Also, I just came so I'm not sure what exactly everyone's talking bout. :rolleyes: I'll figure it out. ANIME!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I watch Naruto, but I've only watched up to episode 50 so far. My friend got me into it, he draws Naruto characters and he's pretty good at it as well! My favourite characters are Naruto himself and Sasuke. I will ask my parents for some sharingan eyes for Christmas.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Furtive)
    I watch Naruto, but I've only watched up to episode 50 so far. My friend got me into it, he draws Naruto characters and he's pretty good at it as well! My favourite characters are Naruto himself and Sasuke. I will ask my parents for some sharingan eyes for Christmas.
    Naruto is amazing. You should really try reading the manga as well, it is about a series ahead of the anime.

Aiight, I think I get it now. I was reading the thread backwards. I was replying to one of the first entries Hehe, I'm still figuring this thing out...

I like A LOT of mangas, but Naruto is one of my very favs. Soooo many bishies! I like almost all the characters! But I've only read the mangas up to some part where Naruto and Shikamaru are fighting the Sound nins and this Kimimaru(DON'T REMEMBER NAME!! :confused: )guy comes.
    I'm guessing someone here's seen the anime. Is it good? I've only seen pics via the internet, and I like the drawing style of the manga better. Where can u get the anime?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Motel of Selves)
    Aiight, I think I get it now. I was reading the thread backwards. I was replying to one of the first entries Hehe, I'm still figuring this thing out...

I like A LOT of mangas, but Naruto is one of my very favs. Soooo many bishies! I like almost all the characters! But I've only read the mangas up to some part where Naruto and Shikamaru are fighting the Sound nins and this Kimimaru(DON'T REMEMBER NAME!! :confused: )guy comes.
    I'm guessing someone here's seen the anime. Is it good? I've only seen pics via the internet, and I like the drawing style of the manga better. Where can u get the anime?
    The anime is amazing, you should really think about getting hold of it. The anime is quite a wat behind the manga though.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Furtive)
    Heh, they'd be fun but are extremely expensive.
    I have an anime-liking friend also who is incredibly good at drawing manga/anime style pictures. We talk a lot about anime and although he hasn't seen any Naruto yet he did a drawing that is sort of Sasuke-esque and very good. I might post it at some point if people are interested.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    Heh, they'd be fun but are extremely expensive.
    I have an anime-liking friend also who is incredibly good at drawing manga/anime style pictures. We talk a lot about anime and although he hasn't seen any Naruto yet he did a drawing that is sort of Sasuke-esque and very good. I might post it at some point if people are interested.
    Please do! I'll also try and get my friends.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm...well I've made it a bit smaller and attatched it on. Let's hope it works.

The outline is pen and the colouring is done with normal colouring pencils.
    Attached Thumbnails
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sasukesque resize.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	89.8 KB 
ID:	3247  

(Original post by Egan1)
    Hmmm...well I've made it a bit smaller and attatched it on. Let's hope it works.

The outline is pen and the colouring is done with normal colouring pencils.
    ::squeals:: THAT'S SO COOL!!! Your friend is good at drawing bishies. It's Sasuke with a fantasy twist. (that sounds too much like a new soft drink...)

• 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kyrotec)
    Anyone like animation - Japanese such as Noir, Lain, Naruto, FMP :P ?
    naruto is cool, havent watched many tho
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Anyone seen Midori no Hibi? It's so damn funny, although a bit rude. Too bad it's only 13 episodes long. It was also licensed about 2 weeks ago when I only got to Episode 9! Gonna have to get it all of my friend now...

And yea, Naruto is so great. I was getting quite annoyed at Naruto being mocked in the last Episode. I would have loved to see him release a bit of Kyuubi to scare off Tsunade but his Rasengan made up for that!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Motel of Selves)
    ::squeals:: THAT'S SO COOL!!! Your friend is good at drawing bishies. It's Sasuke with a fantasy twist. (that sounds too much like a new soft drink...)

Yeah, tis very good. Though the lines are a bit bumpy there because I downsized it.

(Original post by jediknight007)
    Anyone seen Midori no Hibi? It's so damn funny, although a bit rude. Too bad it's only 13 episodes long. It was also licensed about 2 weeks ago when I only got to Episode 9! Gonna have to get it all of my friend now...
    Yep, I've seen it as you know. Was a pretty good series. I heard they missed out a very amusing section that was in the manga though where Midori's friend fell in love with Seji.

(Original post by jediknight007)
    And yea, Naruto is so great. I was getting quite annoyed at Naruto being mocked in the last Episode. I would have loved to see him release a bit of Kyuubi to scare off Tsunade but his Rasengan made up for that!
    I'm really hoping for a good fight coming up - not between Naruto and Tsunade though. I feel the need for some 'dark-eyes' (when a character get's really pissed and goes 'hardcore').
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I am wondering, was ROD the tv series made before ROD the OVA?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    I am wondering, was ROD the tv series made before ROD the OVA?
    Nope, the OAV/OVA came out first and has been available for some time where as R.O.D. the Tv has only finished reasonably recently (a few months ago).

I actually started watching the Tv before having seen the OAV but was given it for Chrismas and watched it at the perfect time because it really does make some things in the Tv make much more sense!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    Nope, the OAV/OVA came out first and has been available for some time where as R.O.D. the Tv has only finished reasonably recently (a few months ago).

I actually started watching the Tv before having seen the OAV but was given it for Chrismas and watched it at the perfect time because it really does make some things in the Tv make much more sense!
    I was thinking that perhaps the OVA had been made after to explain the entire incident.
Updated: September 3, 2004
Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.