The Student Room Group

OCR D1 June 10

NOT MEI!

Anyone doing it? Thought I start a thread so we could talk about it. I find the definitions of all the different graphs & drawing them difficult to get around sometimes. Otherwise, TOO MUCH WORDS! which could be a disadvantage to me, because I take sooo long to read/understand the questions!

Over to you!
Reply 1
Isn't the OCR D1 exam on June 22nd... I find it hard to believe it has already passed.:woo: :eek3:
Reply 2
Yeah, i thought it was on the 22nd too lol...
But hopefully shouldnt be too hard... i failed the last one lol, had a nosebleed in the middle of the exam, paper got covered in blood hahahaha... cudnt concentrate either :P
I'm doing it. It's **** and boring and tedious and it makes me want to cry.
Reply 4
Doing it, I forgot everything I learned from back in January. Hate simplex! :mad:
Reply 5
AxZim
Yeah, i thought it was on the 22nd too lol...
But hopefully shouldnt be too hard... i failed the last one lol, had a nosebleed in the middle of the exam, paper got covered in blood hahahaha... cudnt concentrate either :P

Nice present for the examiner. :p:
Reply 6
dknt
Nice present for the examiner. :p:

yh lol i know =] im suprised i didnt get any message back haha
Reply 7
what u mean it has already passed?!
Reply 8
Does anyone has the mark scheme for June 05? please OCR thankyou
Reply 9
Guys did you do Jan 10 last question? That you have to analyse it in terms of slack variables, I mean how? I looked at the mark scheme, I don't really understand it.
Reply 10
oh god..... failed
Reply 11
That was not too bad a paper. EIGHTEEN marks for simplex though?! I did notice a trip up in the route inspection though where odd node B became even and even node F became odd! I bet that caught a lot of people out... :frown: I think it was a good paper though. :smile:

I got 5 fruit salads as the answer for simplex if anyone agrees with it...
Reply 12

yes 5 frist and y=0 z=0 forget what is y and Z for = =
Reply 13

yes 5 fruit and y=0 z=0 forget what is y and Z for = =
Reply 14
i got lots of negative values for that question. What two constraints you guys put for part 1? something todo with sugar..
I loved that paper!!! :biggrin: but I skipped the shuttle sort question :frown: lost 4 easy marks
Didn't think it was too bad looking back as a whole. Hopefully someone will publish answers at some point for this paper. Overall 22 marks for the last question is the make or break question. Get it right that's great towards your mark, if not, they could lower your grade. I have a feeling that might impact on UMS boundaries, but it's in the hands of the markers now.
Reply 17
Was tlaking to ym friend tonight this was what he said:

questions i can remember: 1st question: sorting and stuff, last (lowest) number is in correct position 7 passes needed to get 95 in correct position takes the 500 seconds

graph stuff, which was a bit annoying can't really tell how i've done linear programming x = y with inequalities i cant remember 3y = 21 - 2x co-ordinates = 0, 7 for optimum and the value = 42 k= 4 then pk = 42 when (21/5, 21/5) so that means K>= 5
dijkstras stuff root inspection problem 5.25km for the route inspection problem answer lower bound 1.6 upper bound 1.9

simplex make the inequalities pretty easy p = 500 so 500mg of vitamin C, x =5 so 5 litres of fruit salad smoothie and none of anything else last one is show that

I think what he said mostly right except K I think should be 4 and not 5. I also had one of the graph equations in a different but eqiuvalent form.

Latest

Trending

Trending