The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Mr Sparkles
That's just a matter of opinion. I personally think it is stupid to riot against armed police and soldiers if you don't want to take the risk of injury or death, evidently most students disagree with that, and figure that "because it is legal" then nothing possibly bad could ever happen because that would be "mean and nasty" and mean and nasty things never happen to students.

Yes you would be very stupid to protest against hostile armed Nazi soldiers if you wished to preserve your life, if you felt like it was a cause you were willing to give up your life for that is a different matter. No you wouldn't deserve to get shot, and I don't believe I have once said that anyone deserves to die.

Don't just rephrase what you said first I already read it.

And if you're of the opinion dressing up as mohammed and dancing about is as justifable as protesting against being imprisoned without trial on hearsay, sort yourself out.
lm_wfc
Don't just rephrase what you said first I already read it.

And if you're of the opinion dressing up as mohammed and dancing about is as justifable as protesting against being imprisoned without trial on hearsay, sort yourself out.

Oh OK - your wishy-washy, reactionary response to issues I had already covered led me to believe you hadn't read a word I said. I apologise.

They're both equally legal and equally stupid.
Reply 82
Mr Sparkles
Oh OK - your wishy-washy, reactionary response to issues I had already covered led me to believe you hadn't read a word I said. I apologise.

They're both equally legal and equally stupid.

Not really.

And clearly you aren't educated on the issue - if you were you'd know the march wasnt actually legal, after they had been banned.
lm_wfc
Not really.

And clearly you aren't educated on the issue - if you were you'd know the march wasnt actually legal, after they had been banned.

OK then it was definitely extremely stupid of them if it wasn't legal. If you attack a soldier you deserve to be attacked back but I assume those who died didn't actually attack anyone.
Reply 84
Mr Sparkles
OK then it was definitely extremely stupid of them if it wasn't legal. If you attack a soldier you deserve to be attacked back but I assume those who died didn't actually attack anyone.

No they didn't.

All you've contributed to this thread is ignorance and your opinion that you shouldn't protest about anything, but lie down and accept being treated as a 2nd class citezen.
lm_wfc
No they didn't.

All you've contributed to this thread is ignorance and your opinion that you shouldn't protest about anything, but lie down and accept being treated as a 2nd class citezen.

All you've contributed to the thread is being a whiny liberal fag but I'm not moaning about it. I think most protestors are a bunch of self-righteous cocks to be honest. I'm not a second class citizen so I have no need to protest, maybe you are.
MarkoVan
No you cynical pr**k, for the last 38 years there loved ones have been labeled as terrorists (whilst in fact they were ordinary people standing up for their civil rights) and they wanted to clear their names, which has been achieved. Now its time for those digusting creatures who murdered on that day to face charges.
And your lack ok knowledge of what happened on that day is overwhelming, do some unbiased research first then form an opinion. What happened was the state murdered 14 unarmed civillians with no provocation whatsoever as the saville report says.
And dont you think if there were weapons there, british soilders would have been shot dead also. If i was there and seen what happened i would have shot those state armed thugs.

This was an unlawful march. It should not have happened and if those people had obeyed the law then they would have been sat safely at home. They chose to break the law. No-one made them do so.

They suffered the consequences of being arrogant ***** who thought that the law didn't apply to them. The IRA were and are the scum of the earth. Anyone who supports them is tarnished by the association. If you lie down with dogs then you get up with fleas or get shot if you are stupid enough to hang around where guns are being held by both sides.

Give it time and we will see exactly who is naive.

I bet the relatives had the lawyers on speed dial for as soon as the verdict was announced. But we'll see.

If they only wanted their relatives named cleared then this should be the end of the story. But I would bet my life that the next thing will be the claims for compensation.

If the relatives had any honour then any compensation should go to charity. But it won't. A load of paddies will be getting legless on Guiness and buying a nice new HDTV and having a holiday at the taxpayer's expense.

Where's the compensation and the apologies from the IRA for their victims?
ak56
The British government is pathetic, apologising to the IRA scum. We should be rounding them up and executing them, not ******* apologising

You do realise that all the people shot on Bloody Sunday were innocent, hence the Prime Ministers's appology and the clearing of their names in the Saville enquiry?

Almost all of the people shot on Bloody Sunday were running away from British Paratroopers, yet they were gunned down. Some were even shot when they tried to crawl away.
Mr Sparkles

Did you learn anything form the Saville Enquiry?

It was discovered that the British Army who fired the first shots, not the innocent civillians who were subsequently gunned down.
Reply 89
ak56
Martin McGuinness isn't the sort of person I'd give the benefit of the doubt to. As an ex-IRA commander, the likelyhood of him carrying a machine gun at the protest is pretty high. While things aren't always solid, you can make pretty resonably assumption from eye-witness accounts and people's past history.

Yes fair enough he was an ex-IRA commander, and yes the likelihood of him carrying a machine gun may have been pretty high but he denied them claims of carrying a machine gun (I'm not saying I believe the denial) but he also said that even if he was to be carrying a machine gun, how the hell was he supposed to hide it without anyone even seeing him do it?
Lust of a Gardener
Did you learn anything form the Saville Enquiry?

It was discovered that the British Army who fired the first shots, not the innocent civillians who were subsequently gunned down.

Yes I know that. Butt out of the conversation, thanks. Don't just randomly make know-it-all comments when it has nothing to do with you kk.
Reply 91
puddlejumper
This was an unlawful march. It should not have happened and if those people had obeyed the law then they would have been sat safely at home. They chose to break the law. No-one made them do so.

They suffered the consequences of being arrogant ***** who thought that the law didn't apply to them. The IRA were and are the scum of the earth. Anyone who supports them is tarnished by the association. If you lie down with dogs then you get up with fleas or get shot if you are stupid enough to hang around where guns are being held by both sides.

Give it time and we will see exactly who is naive.

I bet the relatives had the lawyers on speed dial for as soon as the verdict was announced. But we'll see.

If they only wanted their relatives named cleared then this should be the end of the story. But I would bet my life that the next thing will be the claims for compensation.

If the relatives had any honour then any compensation should go to charity. But it won't. A load of paddies will be getting legless on Guiness and buying a nice new HDTV and having a holiday at the taxpayer's expense.

Where's the compensation and the apologies from the IRA for their victims?

Obey the law? The soldiers should obey the law. The government should obey the law and not imprison them without trial and deny them the right to vote.

GTFO.
puddlejumper
Can't see what the point of the whole inquiry actual was. The people are dead and won't be coming back. Whether they were carrying weapons or weren't doesn't matter anymore - except for one reason.

Money.

None of the families have recieved any compensation from the British Government, and I believe they would much rather that their family members's names were cleared. And also, whether or not they were carrying weapons is of great importance, especially to the enquiry. The fact that they weren't carrying weapons, and were in fact running away when they were shot, is of immense importance to both the enquiry and to the families.

The only reason for pursuing this inquiry is so that the relatives get shedloads of money. Which is wrong. If their dead people had stayed at home or gone away from the scene they wouldn't be dead. Anyone who is stupid enough to hang around an area in those circumstances deserves to be shot for stupidity. They had homes and they should have been in them not rabblerousing on the streets.

They were running away from the scene and were subsequently shot in the back. The protest wasn't an inherently violent one but an illigal one. But I doubt these people were that concerned about legality when they wanted to have their greivances heard

Anyone who thinks this is harsh needs to take a look at Steve who is currently appearing in Big Brother to see what those disgusting creatures were capable of. If I had been there with a gun then I would have shot the bastards as well.

Steve is just one of over 50,000 people who have been scarred by the troubles, not to mention the almost 4,000 who have been killed. He, just like everyone else, deserves an explanation for what happened. Steve was more than likely hailed as a hero, and maybe he was, but these families had to endure decades of their loved ones being called terrorists when they were simply innocent civilians.

And when you refer to the "bastards", who are you referring to? The IRA, Republicans, Nationalists, or simply the entire Catholic community?
Mr Sparkles
Yes I know that. Butt out of the conversation, thanks. Don't just randomly make know-it-all comments when it has nothing to do with you kk.

It's a forum! I can comment on anything I like.
Lust of a Gardener
It's a forum! I can comment on anything I like.

You can make comments on anything you like in real life too. That doesn't make it polite or acceptable to do so (and doesn't mean you won't look like an idiot when you say something totally irrelevant because you launched in to someone else's conversation).
legendxo
Wit people like you around here, its no suprise that N.Ireland will "never get over this". Oh and the IRA have apologised before, look it up.

"still a lot of terrorisim on both sides" Where the **** do you live??? Im from South Armagh, and even we dont have that much bother???

You're from South Armagh? So am I!

You're one of only two other people on this site who I know are from South Armagh! We need to boost the ranks, lol.
Mr Sparkles
You can make comments on anything you like in real life too. That doesn't make it polite or acceptable to do so (and doesn't mean you won't look like an idiot when you say something totally irrelevant because you launched in to someone else's conversation).

Oh, sorry! I was completely unaware of the complex nature of forum etiquette!

But usually when I see something that I disagree with, I usually comment on it, whether or not I happen to be interupting some kind of dialogue.

Just saying...
Lust of a Gardener
Oh, sorry! I was completely unaware of the complex nature of forum etiquette!

But usually when I see something that I disagree with, I usually comment on it, whether or not I happen to be interupting some kind of dialogue.

Just saying...

Oh OK, it's not really complex, it's just called manners. It's usually what parents teach their children although obviously yours failed you. I think you can buy books on them on Amazon if you want to learn more about how to act correctly and politely in a civilised society where barging into stranger's conversations with unsolicited opinions is frowned upon :h:
Lust of a Gardener
None of the families have recieved any compensation from the British Government,

And when you refer to the "bastards", who are you referring to? The IRA, Republicans, Nationalists, or simply the entire Catholic community?

None have received compensation - YET

The 'bastards' include anyone who was still on the street after being told it was an illegal parade, had rubber bullets fired at them, in a crowd throwing stones at soldiers trying to maintain the law and still remained. They deserved to be shot for stupidity and a refusal to obey the law.

The fact that they were shot in the back is irrelevant, anyone who is being fired at will turn away. It doesn't make them innocent.
Reply 99
puddlejumper
None have received compensation - YET

The 'bastards' include anyone who was still on the street after being told it was an illegal parade, had rubber bullets fired at them, in a crowd throwing stones at soldiers trying to maintain the law and still remained. They deserved to be shot for stupidity and a refusal to obey the law.

The fact that they were shot in the back is irrelevant, anyone who is being fired at will turn away. It doesn't make them innocent.

Where are you getting your information??? Do you actually know anything??

I think this one must be a wind up, theres no way someone could be so blatenty ignorant.

Latest

Trending

Trending