The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Depends entirely on you. I don't know you, I don't know.
It will be a big jump, just because you get A grades at GCSE does not necessarily mean you will get those grades at A level. Bear that in mind. I found the jump a little overwhelming at first and thought I might have done too many subjects but eventually got to grips with it. Otherwise it seems like a good combination of subjects, take the extra one and if it feels like too much just drop it, but not immediately, stick with until the results from the January exams.
Reply 3
No. It may even be worth trying to do further maths depending on how confident you are with it. Especially in year 2 you will find all of the mathematical subjects complimenting each other rather and hurting your chances. I took biology along with physics and maths and I regret it. I would much rather have done something more 'mathsy' and less wordy. However it may be worth thinking about whether you want all of your subjects to be number orientated as it can become tiresome fore some. Hope that helps.
No one can tell you if you will find it tough! :p: Its all down to the effort you put in. :smile:
Reply 5
you will have to catch up on the physics if you did double, as some of the stuff they cover, you do in the last module of triple science but overall you should be fine!

i am in the same boat as you - a couple of bs and one c - so i am expecting sixth form to be tougher but as long as you are prepared for it...
If you're naturally gifted at maths, then the A level shouldn't be too much work for you. As far as I'm aware, Computing is not difficult per se, it just is very time consuming with lots and lots (and lots and lots) of coursework.

Physics (again, going off what I've heard) is insane unless you have a nack for it. Everyone seems to go ape**** around the time physics things need doing.
Reply 7
alevels are HARD AS ****.

there's a lot of geeks on here so i'm just letting you know.
Reply 8
Haha thanks guys, I do work hard, Paradoxia, i am the Geek of our year, thanks. even though im not that clever :/ But hey, and i am in the triple class even though i do double sooo i know that stuff. (i dont know why i am, i just am) . I see what you people mean about dropping it if you find it hard and cant cope.

Thank you people :smile:
Reply 9
regarding chemical engineering i got a BBB offer from aston uni would i get in with A*BC or AAC and also does anyone know how competitive chemical engineering is

Latest