In year 12 I sat the following modules with the following UMS scores:

Core 1 - 94
Core 2 - 92
Stats - 89

Year 13:

Mechanics - 100
Core 3 - over 90
Core 4 - over 90

Does this qualify for an A*? I'm aware that you need over 90% in all A2 modules, however some people have said to me that mechanics is an AS module and Stats is in face an A2 module?

Any help appreciated.
Yes you get an A*.

/thread.
Reply 2
Yes :smile: For Maths, you need over 90% in C3 and C4 only.
Reply 3
Yeah, but it depends on when it's being certificated.
Reply 4
To once again reiterate, yes.
Stats 1 and mechanics 1 are both AS modules, that's why for an A* you only need average of 90% in C3 and C4.
Reply 6
cmhcgs815
Yes :smile: For Maths, you need over 90% in C3 and C4 only.

Plus the 480 total.
Reply 7
say i finished my alevelsin 2009,and i got these marks, could i get an a*
Reply 8
you need average 90% over C3 and C4 and aveage 80% over all the modules. so yes, you qualify
you would get an A* definitey :smile:
Reply 10
fidel69
say i finished my alevelsin 2009,and i got these marks, could i get an a*

No
It only applies if the results are cashed in now (i.e. for this and subsequent exam sessions)
Reply 11
gdunne42
No
It only applies if the results are cashed in now (i.e. for this and subsequent exam sessions)

shame, i easily would've got it
Reply 12
mathshelp
In year 12 I sat the following modules with the following UMS scores:

Core 1 - 94
Core 2 - 92
Stats - 89

Year 13:

Mechanics - 100
Core 3 - over 90
Core 4 - over 90

Does this qualify for an A*? I'm aware that you need over 90% in all A2 modules, however some people have said to me that mechanics is an AS module and Stats is in face an A2 module?

Any help appreciated.

If you're certificating it this year or later yes, if you certificated it last year before the A* grade existed then no, but if you supply your unit grades for maths when you apply for university they'll be able to see that you have the required module scores

Alternatively (depending on your exam board...know MEI do this just for maths but not sure about others) if you've already certificated & are desperate to have an A* on paper you can take 1 new module (you could do something like D1 for example) and re-certificate your A level using that module...but considering you already have an A* in spirit that wouldn't be necessary

The A* grade in Maths is not dependant on applied modules in the way you describe (S1 & M1 in your case), you just need to get 80% overall with 90+% in C3 & 90+% in C4

Latest