The Student Room Group

can someone tell me whether or not grade boundaries are different for an art degree??

Basically, ive just finished my first year at art college/uni. I got 66% for my final unit and according to a couple of people on my course, 70% and over is a 2:1, and 85% and over is a 1st. so I just assumed I had gotten a high 2:2. but then a couple of my friends from different universities said that in their (non arty) subjects, 70% and over is a 1st, and apparently 'no one ever gets over 80%.' I'm trying not to get too hopeful but am I right in thinking that I may have actually got a 2:1? or is it definite that art degrees are different in the way they award the grades, so I've still only got a 2:2?
The marking scheme may be specific to your college, but the normal grading system for both arts and science subjects is that 70%+ is a first, 60-69% is a 2.1, 50-59% is a 2.2. There may be different weightings applied to different aspects of the course, so 66% in just one paper may not be a 2.1 overall, and if your course/college grades differently it may not be. But in the normal course of degree level marking, 66% is a 2.1.
it's got nothing to do with art degrees, but if you have a different grading scheme, it'll be your college's policy. (i'm doing an art degree and the grading system is the 'usual' one)

Latest

Trending

Trending