The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
piccolo12345
question with the number of engineers at 11am, i couldnt even understand that too confusing put sommat random like 0.007 or something. and the discrete probability questions which proves something equals 0.24, lol neva seem a question like that in a past paper... what did everyone do for that? I basically put any value in the calculator and I found out that if you multiply the 2 variances together then divide by 8, it equals 0.24 lol.. doubt thats right tho :s-smilie:

You just had to find all the probabilities of R+S=6,7,8 by multiplying from both the tables, then add them all up and you got 0.24.
Reply 61
DannyH
rejected both too, checked them aswell

one had yates other was just standard right

Were we wrong? :frown:
Adam92
You just had to find all the probabilities of R+S=6,7,8 by multiplying from both the tables, then add them all up and you got 0.24.

why just 6, 7 and 8? i thought the question was P<8 so wouldnt that include all values like 1,2,3 etc ?
Reply 63
piccolo12345
why just 6, 7 and 8? i thought the question was P<8 so wouldnt that include all values like 1,2,3 etc ?

Yeah but the probability of 2 or lower was 0, so you couldn't make 5, because you would need 2 for the first, then 3, which can't be done. Hence the minimum is 3 from both.
Reply 64
I said the woman was right, the mean had increased from 79. reject ho
On chi squared question i said there was no association between drugs and sickness. accept ho.

Was there another H0/H1 question?

On the "show its 0.24" question i did...
P(R=4)*P(S</=4) + P(R=5)*P(S<=3) + P(R=3)*P(S</=5)
and it came to 0.24

For the P(R=4) given that P(R+S</=8 ) question i got 0.11/0.24.

Oh and on the engineer question... I used Po(0.875) i think and said probability they cannot be seen at 11am was = 1-P(4 or less)

Anyone get these answers?
Reply 65
moocow123
On chi squared question i said there was no association between drugs and sickness. accept ho.

and it came to 0.24

Oh and on the engineer question... I used Po(0.875) i think and said probability they cannot be seen at 11am was = 1-P(4 or less)

did you use yates correction on the chi squared?
Reply 66
moocow123

and it came to 0.24

Yeah the same, except the conditional probability one. How'd you go about working that one out?
Reply 67
For the first hypothesis question [H0:], I used t. And rejected the null hypothesis.

For the chi question, I used Yate's correction, and accepted H0.

For the rectangular distribution [I think], I got median = 1 and q1 = 0.5
Reply 68
Adam92
Yeah the same, except the conditional probability one. How'd you go about working that one out?

I think P(R=4)*P(S</=4) came to 0.11, so i did that over 0.24

Latest

Trending

Trending