The Student Room Group

Another Pro Plus question

Ok, so I remember someone saying that taking Pro Plus increases your metabolism or something. Anyway, to the point, I plan on fasting for four days - not continuously though :rolleyes:, on four different days. I'll be breaking my fast around 9:30 pm and I was wondering whether taking a pro plus tablet would help me lose a bit of weight or will it just make me even more hungry. :s-smilie:

Many thanks in advance :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

suicidaloverbusiness
Ok, so I remember someone saying that taking Pro Plus increases your metabolism or something. Anyway, to the point, I plan on fasting for four days - not continuously though :rolleyes:, on four different days. I'll be breaking my fast around 9:30 pm and I was wondering whether taking a pro plus tablet would help me lose a bit of weight or will it just make me even more hungry. :s-smilie:

I can't help you on the metabolism bit, but I noticed that when I took it, it suppressed my hunger and I barely ate much at all when I was taking it. I looked it up after, and it seems a lot of people experienced the same. :smile:
Paranoid//Android
I can't help you on the metabolism bit, but I noticed that when I took it, it suppressed my hunger and I barely ate much at all when I was taking it. I looked it up after, and it seems a lot of people experienced the same. :smile:

That's good :ahee:...although, i'm not sure whether i'd be able to take it in islamic terms whilst fasting :confused:
suicidaloverbusiness
That's good :ahee:...although, i'm not sure whether i'd be able to take it in islamic terms whilst fasting :confused:

Ah right well I don't really a lot about Islam, but I doubt He'd notice....:wink:
Paranoid//Android
Ah right well I don't really a lot about Islam, but I doubt He'd notice....:wink:

:toofunny: - I don't know whether I should be laughing as you used God in a satirical context :s-smilie: . Naughty :spank:
Paranoid//Android

God, that 'woman' in your sig is an absolute dog. Tell me 'she's' not actually female?
suicidaloverbusiness

Fasting for what reasons may i ask??
GodspeedGehenna
God, that 'woman' in your sig is an absolute dog. Tell me 'she's' not actually female?

You are joking, right? Explain yourself! :eek3:
Paranoid//Android
You are joking, right? Explain yourself! :eek3:

She just looks terribly hideous. Is she actually a transvestite?

Even her limb proportions and her pose look completely masculine.
suicidaloverbusiness

Hi. I don't know how Pro Plus will affect your metabolism, but if I take a couple of them without having eaten yet that day, they have a much stronger effect and then I start getting stomach pains and feel nauseous. The same thing happened to my friend when she took some (but I think she took more than the recommended amount!)

So, I don't really recommend it unless you want to feel ill. Not that I am a fan of fasting at all to lose weight, as usually what happens is when you eventually eat, your body slows down the metabolism and stores the calories as fat in case you have another time of 'hardship' soon with no food. Also, it tends to just make you binge when you're not fasting.
GodspeedGehenna
She just looks terribly hideous. Is she actually a transvestite?

Even her limb proportions and her pose look completely masculine.

I can see why you have a warning level of 8, because you LIE!

No, she is not a transvestite, I don't really know what your eyes are telling you as she's really skinny, small and as non masculine as can be, and also very fit. :yep:

I'd hate to see what your 'ideal woman' would be...
Paranoid//Android
I can see why you have a warning level of 8, because you LIE!

No, she is not a transvestite, I don't really know what your eyes are telling you as she's really skinny, small and as non masculine as can be, and also very fit. :yep:

I'd hate to see what your 'ideal woman' would be...

Uh, I dunno.. There's just something about her that would make me avoid her like the plague. She looks.. dirty? I can't quite put my finger on it.
GodspeedGehenna
Uh, I dunno.. There's just something about her that would make me avoid her like the plague. She looks.. dirty? I can't quite put my finger on it.

Dirty in a good way...:yep:
Paranoid//Android
Dirty in a good way...:yep:

Dirty in a 'you'd probably catch something' way.
GodspeedGehenna

I'm really, really sorry OP if this offends you, but I have to say I agree with this guy. She doesn't look like a transvestite, as she has a feminine-looking figure -- but she does look like a prostitute. I kinda cringed when I saw her in another thread.
GodspeedGehenna

Haha, well we'll have to agree to disagree, although I believe the Pm, comments and rep show I'm not on my own. She is hawt! :perv:
ThatHatGirl
I'm really, really sorry OP if this offends you, but I have to say I agree with this guy. She doesn't look like a transvestite, as she has a feminine-looking figure -- but she does look like a prostitute. I kinda cringed when I saw her in another thread.

Another one! :eek: I can see where you're coming from, a little bit. But you two are the only ones to be of that opinion, I still reckon she's hot! :woo:
Paranoid//Android
Another one! :eek: I can see where you're coming from, a little bit. But you two are the only ones to be of that opinion, I still reckon she's hot! :woo:

She looks like a dog with that gurning facial expression and dirty piercing.
Paranoid//Android

She looks like a cheap hooker you would find in Wardour Street jacked up on smack. Sorry bro. :p:

OP if you are doing a Ramadan fast Pro Plus is not allowed lol..plus your metabolism peaks but not sharply. When you eat at dusk you will be fueling a slower than normal metabolism anyway.

I used to find that my fasting colleagues always gained quite a bit of weight during the fasting period for this reason.
GodspeedGehenna
She looks like a dog with that gurning facial expression and dirty piercing.

As far as I know she hasn't got a 'dirty' piercing, how big is your monitor!?! But then again who's to define what dirty is?

And look what you've done! :mad:

I<3LAMP
She looks like a cheap hooker you would find in Wardour Street jacked up on smack. Sorry bro. :p:

Latest