The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Thought it was a lot better than January, more biology! Still there was rubbish stuff like the seaweed, but to be honest it wasn't too long or too bad. I didn't do too bad for time, overall im happy XD!
Reply 2
wasnt to bad, but not enough time
thought it could have been worse, i hated the "use the evidence" queations though..and there were a few of them. so what did everyone put for the questions then? what did you put for why cant u use glucose as a substrate??
Defiantly could of done with more time. I managed to answer everything but missed 1 of the 5 markers at the end. For me, time constainsts made this way harder than the jan paper, which i thought was easy even with the HSW.
justmonkeyinaround
thought it could have been worse, i hated the "use the evidence" queations though..and there were a few of them. so what did everyone put for the questions then? what did you put for why cant u use glucose as a substrate??

I said that glucose is too big to pass though the mitochondrion membrane since it is usually changed into a 3 carbon compound in the cell cytoplasm.:confused: Hope thats right.
I was focusing more on not throwing up than on the exam itself. Ill during an exam = worst experience ever.
Reply 7
justmonkeyinaround

nah i put glucose is only used in glycolysis which occurs in the cytoplasm not the mitochondria. Krebs cylcle and electron transpor chain occur in mitochondria , glucose is not requred for any of these steps
OMG
I literally Skipped half of Q7
Plus worst of all, I literally revised Biol4 in a day!
X'(
So what did you lot write about Q8?
8b: how CO2 is incorporated into TP or smthng.
Reply 9
TheOneCurlyFry
I was focusing more on not throwing up than on the exam itself. Ill during an exam = worst experience ever.

Poor you :console:
Ahaha
at least no shrews or seal this time.
Every otehr q was based on ch1
And thats the one chapter, I completely missed doing!
X(
shocking exam. end of.

I was really hoping most people on here would have thought it was hard, loads of people at my school thought it was really bad. I personally thought it was worse than january. Goodbye Uni, hello more resits :l

oh and Biol 5 next week is going to be horrendous :l really not looking forward to that..
Pretty straightforward for the most part, more theory and less of the crappy questions we saw in January - basically what you SHOULD expect from a Biology paper.

Some bits had me thinking a bit of course, but I don't think it was nearly as awful this time around. Didn't have too much time to look back on stuff so i've probably made quite a few mistakes but ah well...
Im_a_cyborg
I said that glucose is too big to pass though the mitochondrion membrane since it is usually changed into a 3 carbon compound in the cell cytoplasm.:confused: Hope thats right.

yeh dats what i put too!!! i also said it wasnt lipid soluble, i dont know if thats right
Nidhogg_Rider
Pretty straightforward for the most part, more theory and less of the crappy questions we saw in January - basically what you SHOULD expect from a Biology paper.

Some bits had me thinking a bit of course, but I don't think it was nearly as awful this time around. Didn't have too much time to look back on stuff so i've probably made quite a few mistakes but ah well...

Kpop??
I like it too, only cuz of my friend in Wonder Girls: Lim/ Christina Woo
:biggrin:
hopefully the grade bondaries will be low again, so we can all get 100. .....i wish
justmonkeyinaround
yeh dats what i put too!!! i also said it wasnt lipid soluble, i dont know if thats right

It sounds right..
I put some next stuff down
:frown: am DOOOOOOOOMEDDD
justmonkeyinaround
hopefully the grade bondaries will be low again, so we can all get 100. .....i wish

AHAHAAHAHAHA
Hopefully
:biggrin:
54% for an A:biggrin:
justmonkeyinaround

hahaha..could not agree more. Although I'm not expecting anything much from this tbh :l
Reply 19
Skyblue.Salma
OMG
I literally Skipped half of Q7
Plus worst of all, I literally revised Biol4 in a day!
X'(
So what did you lot write about Q8?
8b: how CO2 is incorporated into TP or smthng.

i wrote how c02 diffuses into stomata of the leaf, and into the stroma of the chloroplast
it combines with ribulose biphosphate catalysed by rubisco
giving 2 X glycerate 3 phosphates which is reduced to 2 X triose phosphates using the ATP and red NAD from the light dependent reaction

i dunno how many marks i will get for that! :s-smilie:

Latest

Trending

Trending