The Student Room Group
Yeah pretty much.
Yes

BUT most of the decisions can happen unofficially before filling out a UCAS form. You can contact universities, explain your situation, provide them with marks and background on your course so far etc etc and have an offer which then just needs to be made official via UCAS.

With transfers because not all courses are compatible you shouldn't apply ANYWHERE via UCAS without contacting the university involved first
PQ

With transfers because not all courses are compatible you shouldn't apply ANYWHERE via UCAS without contacting the university involved first

This.

You need to speak to the department first. In doing so you will probably be asked to submit your details about your modules, your current grades, A-Levels etc. With any luck, they will give you an informal offer to transfer.

The UCAS part tends to be a formality. That said, I had to write a new personal statement.
How long is the process ?

Are you supposed to wait until you obtain your 1st year results ?

Can you try in August ?
I applied in the standard UCAS cycle around October before the academic year that I wanted to transfer. I got an offer on the condition of getting 60%, so this was before my 1st year results.

You mean the August before the academic year? I doubt you could apply that late.
I contacted unis around Easter time - sent in my UCAS form in mid June and had my place confirmed early July. The email/phone calls to the universities took the most time.

I already had my semester 1 results and a couple of coursework results from semester 2 (but then my courses weren't compatable so I had to start over again in yr 1 anyway)

Latest

Trending

Trending