The Student Room Group
Reply 1
If your university place is conditional on you passing the full access course, it's obviously a problem if you do not gain the sufficient units needed to pass. The fact that the unit you may fail does not relate to your chosen degree course is irrelevant, in the same way that in order to secure their place, an A level applicant needs to meet certain offers (e.g BBB) in subjects that may or may not relate to their degree subject. Obviously, the uni in question would be the best place to ask.
Just called admissions and they say that when they get my results I may be put onto year 0 in preparation for the BAhons, even though it is conditional to get onto Year 1 but I'm still gonna try and negotiate and talk to my teachers.
Reply 3
Sir_Vile_Minds

Or maybe an exception will be made?

Answer: Don't know....

Are you talking about UEL?
If so, try calling 020 8223 2835 (Admissions People) for some advice
Reply 4
No.
I doubt it. Can you not resit the module ?
darigan
x

Read above

RosesofEngland
x

I've been told no more resubs. Not sure about resitting the module.

EDIT: Just read this on the site:

"Applicants who do not fulfil the admission requirements for Level 1 may be considered for entry into Level 0. Applicants should have 40 UCAS tariff points from GCE A2 or equivalent."
Reply 7
Sir_Vile_Minds
Read above

Ahhhh.... I must have been typing as you posted.

Have you got any relevant 'real life' experience that might give a bit of a lift to your application and convince them to let you in direct to 1st year?

The year 0 option is handy to have as a back-up, but probably not the ideal result.

Have you got any BTEC qualifications or anything? (see below)

Admission
The minimum requirements for entry for Level 1 entry is 200 UCAS tariff points from:
A/AS level (Including 2 A2 passes), GNVQ, AVCE, Scottish Highers, International Baccalaureate. European Baccalaureate, BTEC / SCOTEC Diploma, Relevant Access Course or successful completion of the Level 0. Other qualifications, including overseas, may be considered.

Applicants who do not fulfil the admission requirements for Level 1 may be considered for entry into Level 0. Applicants should have 40 UCAS tariff points from GCE A2 or equivalent.

We also welcome applicants from mature students who do not have formal qualifications but may have relevant experience. Students applying to this programme will be expected to demonstrate a specific interest in this area of study and should have a commitment to engaging with the subject. Applicants may be invited for interview.

Source

Do you know if you'll be eligible to apply through clearing?
darigan
Ahhhh.... I must have been typing as you posted.

Have you got any relevant 'real life' experience that might give a bit of a lift to your application and convince them to let you in direct to 1st year?

The year 0 option is handy to have as a back-up, but probably not the ideal result.

Have you got any BTEC qualifications or anything? (see below)

Source

Do you know if you'll be eligible to apply through clearing?

I have a GNVQ in Business Studies and I have also written a couple of columns for a local fanzine but nothing special. I'm also working on a book of my own personal experiences.

I keep seeing "Clearing" here. What exactly is it?
Reply 9
Sir_Vile_Minds
I have a GNVQ in Business Studies and I have also written a couple of columns for a local fanzine but nothing special. I'm also working on a book of my own personal experiences.

I keep seeing "Clearing" here. What exactly is it?

Clearing is a ******** in september when all the people that missed out on courses have a chance to contact the/a uni to find out if they can get in for X course with X qualification/points etc. I sound rather negative about it, but it can be a really got last chance for somebody that just missed the requirements for normal entry
UCAS CLearing info

On your GNVQ etc, did that form part of your initial application - If it didn't, then it might help you get the place (but I really don't know, im far from an expert)

//edit: slightly dated TSR Clearing Wiki
darigan
Clearing is a ******** in september when all the people that missed out on courses have a chance to contact the/a uni to find out if they can get in for X course with X qualification/points etc. I sound rather negative about it, but it can be a really got last chance for somebody that just missed the requirements for normal entry
UCAS CLearing info

On your GNVQ etc, did that form part of your initial application - If it didn't, then it might help you get the place (but I really don't know, im far from an expert)

//edit: slightly dated TSR Clearing Wiki

I didn't use the GNVQ as part of my application, no.

Thanks for the clearing info. It sound like that may be my best option.

I've explained to my history teacher that other teachers have allowed me to have a second resub so hopefully she may let me have one also.
Reply 11
Sir_Vile_Minds
I didn't use the GNVQ as part of my application, no.

Thanks for the clearing info. It sound like that may be my best option.

I've explained to my history teacher that other teachers have allowed me to have a second resub so hopefully she may let me have one also.

Good thinking.

A word of warning about clearing - can be heartbreaking for some if they don't get their places.

Also - I'd give the admissions people a quick bell again to see if the GNVQ can be used to boost your application.

Best of luck
darigan
Good thinking.

A word of warning about clearing - can be heartbreaking for some if they don't get their places.

Also - I'd give the admissions people a quick bell again to see if the GNVQ can be used to boost your application.

Best of luck

Also, just got a reply from my history teacher saying that if I go to a helper I may be able to get a resub in before June 24th so I think I'll go for that. History has just been SO hard for me this year and the teacher should have noticed that.

EDIT: *BOOM!!* My mistake. Panic button is off. Release of air.
Sir_Vile_Minds
Also, just got a reply from my history teacher saying that if I go to a helper I may be able to get a resub in before June 24th so I think I'll go for that. History has just been SO hard for me this year and the teacher should have noticed that.

Hi Sir_Vile_Minds History is a very hard subject for anyone,my Nephew had to retake it once but i am sure u be able to possiable resub before the cut off date as u said.Good luck with everything:yep:
Reply 14
Sir_Vile_Minds

Well in future take some responsibility and tell the teacher if you are struggling! I am sure you will get into university still with the resub so good luck and try to learn from this x
It's sorted now as of 6 hours ago.

Endo threado.
Sir_Vile_Minds
It's sorted now as of 6 hours ago.

Endo threado.

glad u manged to sort it Sir_Vile_Minds and good luck with everything else :yep:

Latest

Trending

Trending