The Student Room Group

Starting clothing company, need advice?

So I'm planning on starting a clothing company, I'm a designer by trade so I have no problem designing the clothes or making/running the online store but I don't have a clue how to actually make clothes.

I don't want to just stick a cool print on a fruit of the loom t shirt and be done with it, I would like to make custom clothes, something like Tuesday Night Band Practice:

http://www.feathersfashion.com/shopping/women/item10041143.aspx

but cheaper and more wearable.

So basically, I'm asking for advice on how to mass produce something like the above link.
The best way to do this is to find a wholesale online shop selling ridiculously cheap shirts. Bulk buy. Then get in contact with a graphic company and ask them how much it would be to put x design on the shirts. State you already have the t-shirts.

Inbox me and i can help
Think you might have missed the boat on giving advice with this one. You're about 2 and a half years late.
Reply 3
Original post by Narcissist
Think you might have missed the boat on giving advice with this one. You're about 2 and a half years late.

lol... He missed that one detail! But at least he reply friendly & nice :h:
Reply 4
a trend of mass customization in clothing industry
Reply 5
This is what Nike do. They buy cheap t-shirts and trainers from Indonesian sweatshops at 2p a pop, pay some other sweatshop 1p to superglue a label onto them, and then sell them to chavs for £119.99.

So its not like your idea is an unprecedented business model.

Quick Reply

Latest