The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

d123
81 UMS I think, which is 67.5% (a highish C)

Phew, that's not too bad!
Thankyou :smile:
Reply 61
monkee
Question: did 1951-2007.

I did Question 3, and I did a short paragraph at the end mentioning Kinnock and Smith and how they may have contributed to New Labour's popularity more than Conservative weakness or Blair. I was also very careful not to mention too much on the ERM (could have perhaps made more of this) and Maastricht beyond saying 'the party was split' and going down that route because it said 1994-2007. However, I did mention them. Will I still get credit? I think by that time period they were just emphasising that Blair got into power in 1994, and talking about beforehand A LITTLE was fine, but just checking.

Edit: I did Q2 as well...I didn't make the mistake of doing only 1 essay!

I did the same on question three, we should get credit, i hope.
Reply 62
Jadey678
i'm exactly the same as you. i did the same questions - could not to 3 at all! my first answer was awful. have no idea what to expect for results! :l

I was planning answer one, then half way through realised 'Damn, this is all structured wrong and has no flow. S**t.'

I did question 2 first and question 1 second because I was more confident on 2, hehe.
Reply 63
skunky x
I was planning answer one, then half way through realised 'Damn, this is all structured wrong and has no flow. S**t.'

I did question 2 first and question 1 second because I was more confident on 2, hehe.

wow, sorry about my previous answer to you, spelling was so bad! :l

again, i did the same! I looked at them all, thought "well i cannot do 3!" so did 2 first and then 1. In a way i think both my answers are apalling. But at the same time i think they might be allright. Definitely could have done better though... hmm. No idea what to expect really lol :s-smilie:
Reply 64
Jadey678
wow, sorry about my previous answer to you, spelling was so bad! :l

again, i did the same! I looked at them all, thought "well i cannot do 3!" so did 2 first and then 1. In a way i think both my answers are apalling. But at the same time i think they might be allright. Definitely could have done better though... hmm. No idea what to expect really lol :s-smilie:

It's okay, I get used to atrocious spelling here on TSR XD.

And yeah- lots of people I know did the third one, I was like 'WTF did you write?' I'm slightly scared now, I hatge feeling like I could have done better. If I'd had more planning time, it would have been fine, as I could have thought through my structuring, but when you only have 45 minuted to do the entire essay, you can't spend longer than 5 minutes planning.

Definitely need to raise the time limit to 2 hours. I mean, it's so annoying when you can't look back through and check your answers!
Hi all...

I did International Relations 1945-2004 - the paper was quite decent I thought. Avoided anything 1991 onwards so was easy to go with the first two questions. Overall I think it went reasonably well. How did everyone else find it?

Also - could anyone help me out here?

I got:

AS Britain exam - 99 UMS
AS Italy exam - 77 UMS

Say as a guess I got 45/60 in the coursework this year, or there or thereabouts (don't know our marks yet), what would I need for an A overall in this exam? Thank you.
Hey, I was doing Britian 1951-2007. I hate economic history and Blair -.-

I did question 1 and 3. Question 1 i think i did ok seemed to remember quite alot and actually managed to write a couple of pages...amazingly. But question 3 argh, its kind of an easy question, but i had no idea about Conservative msitakes after the 1997 election all i taked about was the Major government failures from 1994-1997 (event went back to 1990 coz i had so little, is it ok to go out of the timeframe?) and spin, aside from that my question 3 wasnt great.
Reply 67
deaddragon70
Hey, I was doing Britian 1951-2007. I hate economic history and Blair -.-

I did question 1 and 3. Question 1 i think i did ok seemed to remember quite alot and actually managed to write a couple of pages...amazingly. But question 3 argh, its kind of an easy question, but i had no idea about Conservative msitakes after the 1997 election all i taked about was the Major government failures from 1994-1997 (event went back to 1990 coz i had so little, is it ok to go out of the timeframe?) and spin, aside from that my question 3 wasnt great.

I was the same i couldnt think of any conservative mistakes, just talked about major in the main, and i put stuff in about kinnock, and party reorganisation, but it was vague. The first question:| i had to make half of it up, I didn't revise that bit well. what did you put in question one?
How many pages did everyone write..
Charlisquigs

I filled the whole book and wrote about 4 lines in a new one. A bit excessive I know, but in exams the faster I write the bigger and more spread out my writing becomes!
Reply 70
skunky x
My friend did the International Relations, and I know she wanted Cuban Missile Crisis to come up, so she'll be happy.

I was very happy :biggrin:

Still don't think I did that well, but it did mean I could do a kind of good answer on something I actually knew. Which is always nice.
Reply 71
Charlisquigs

I did 3 and a bit sides for each essay =]
Reply 72
Zosie
I was very happy :biggrin:

Still don't think I did that well, but it did mean I could do a kind of good answer on something I actually knew. Which is always nice.

Indeedy =]
Reply 73
annab1684
I filled the whole book and wrote about 4 lines in a new one. A bit excessive I know, but in exams the faster I write the bigger and more spread out my writing becomes!

I'm exactly the same. It's mixture of my hand hurting and speed writing that makes me manage about 5 words on a line.

I filled up the whole booklet and 1 sheet of extra paper.
BryonieIV
I'm exactly the same. It's mixture of my hand hurting and speed writing that makes me manage about 5 words on a line.

I filled up the whole booklet and 1 sheet of extra paper.

Oh jesus. How long were these meant to be??
DAMN MY CRAPPY TEACHERS.
Charlisquigs
DAMN MY CRAPPY TEACHERS.

I think it just depends how much you have to say. I think everyone else in my class wrote about 3 pages on each of them :smile:
Reply 76
Charlisquigs
DAMN MY CRAPPY TEACHERS.

It doesn't mean anything how much paper you use. It's about the quality of your answer.

I just happen to have terrible handwriting in an exam and go a little bit overboard on descriptions. I mean 1 paragraph took up two pages for me. And if I typed that it would probably only be about 20 lines long! :o:
I did 9 pages overall I think. There was only one person who went bananas and asked for another booklet (ended up doing 15 pages) so as said, it's all about the quality.

Wrote more about the Cuban Missile Crisis question than the USSR expansion one though.

Btw could anyone please help me as to what I'd need for an A?

Last year:

AS Britain Unit - 99
AS Italy Unit - 77

This year:

Coursework - we don't have our marks yet, so work around the rough assumption of 45/60 maybe?

What would I need in this exam for an A with everything above? Thank you.
You can still get a high mark if you write loads. I always write loads in all my exams and I've always got high marks.
Reply 79
JoleonLescott
I did 9 pages overall I think. There was only one person who went bananas and asked for another booklet (ended up doing 15 pages) so as said, it's all about the quality.

Wrote more about the Cuban Missile Crisis question than the USSR expansion one though.

Btw could anyone please help me as to what I'd need for an A?

Last year:

AS Britain Unit - 99
AS Italy Unit - 77

This year:

Coursework - we don't have our marks yet, so work around the rough assumption of 45/60 maybe?

What would I need in this exam for an A with everything above? Thank you.

84/120 would get you an A assuming you're right about the coursework mark. That's 70%, so a low B.

Latest

Trending

Trending