The Student Room Group
Reply 1
contact your uni and ucas?
Reply 2
I don't think unis have to confirm it when you firm their offer - as long as it says 'Unconditional firm' on UCAS that's fine.
Algorithm69

Do you think they are waiting for everyone to get their results before they send "welcome" and "confirmation" letters?

Yes, of course. Not every university thinks that sending lots of letters to candidates to tell them information they already have is a useful way to spend money
Reply 4
Glasgow Caledonian University and Robert Gordon University in Scotland also haven't sent a letter of acknowledgement or welcome/confirmation letters to possible students regardless of whether they have been given conditional or unconditional offers as far as I can tell. It all depends on the university. Try to put it to the back of your mind and enjoy the summer; the university will get in touch when need be and if not, then you should definitely get in touch.
Reply 5
Track on ucas should update in a few days to say you have a confirmed place at whatever institution the uni doesnt send you a letter as far as i know.
Algorithm69
You completely missed my point.

No I haven't. I'm alluding to the knowledge that you have accepted the offer. The university knows you have accepted it and you know you have accepted it (through the UCAS system). Why would they need to confirm this? That incur needless costs, especially in these times of severe cutbacks. Many institutions don't contact candidates about accommodation, start dates and such matters until late in the season and they won't necessarily treat unconditional offer holders any differently from anyone else.
Jrumsey
Track on ucas should update in a few days to say you have a confirmed place at whatever institution the uni doesnt send you a letter as far as i know.

Not all universities will be updating UCAS Track that quickly and it may get left until after the results are published, with all candidates updated at the same time.
Reply 8
Algorithm69
sending letters earlier to people who have accepted an unconditional offer seems like a justifiable use of money.

:rofl: Nice one!!

You say later that they should be trying to make you feel wanted... That would be the whole making you an offer thing.

I hate to be blunt but you're about to join a community where you'll be one of very many. Don't expect a complete personalised individualised service where as soon as you do anything there's some sort of response.

(And it's not just money, it's time... Does an efficient organisation a) send a big old mail merge that a computer can pretty much take care of once most people are confirmed? Or b) each and every time someone's confirmed, print off a new individual letter and post it out? Hmm...)

Latest

Trending

Trending