The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Does it matter?
Reply 2
TheSownRose
Sometimes I wonder if I'm the only one that thinks Clearing worked out well for them... :frown:

I haven't gone through clearing, but I applied for university this year, and am unsure whether I got the grades I needed and whether I even want to do that course. :s-smilie:

So I would also like to hear some nice stories. *Subscribes*

Also, would you mind sharing your story too, since you obviously had a good result? (even if you missed your offer and lost your place etc)
Reply 3
GodspeedGehenna
Does it matter?

Does anything that we discuss on TSR?
TheSownRose
Does anything that we discuss on TSR?

I don't see the point in this thread discussion.

Possibility One:
"Is anyone else happy with clearing?"
"Yes"
"Oh"

Possibility Two:
"No"
"Oh"

Nothing to be gained.
GodspeedGehenna
Does it matter?

She was only trying to start a discussion. And I would like to know the answer actually cause its a possibility for me.
BabyGirl92
She was only trying to start a discussion. And I would like to know the answer actually cause its a possibility for me.

What genuine difference would it make for you to read examples of people who are and are not happy that they went through clearing?

It would be ridiculous to extrapolate them to your own circumstances and make a decision upon it.
Reply 7
GodspeedGehenna
What genuine difference would it make for you to read examples of people who are and are not happy that they went through clearing?

It would be ridiculous to extrapolate them to your own circumstances and make a decision upon it.

The only thing I ever hear about clearing is how rubbish it is- it would be reassuring for people to know that hey, it's not all bad, some people go through clearing and really enjoy it.
GodspeedGehenna

maybe nobody should talk to anyone about anything ever :lolwut:

its tsr, she wants to hear some (preferably positive i assume) examples and chat, chillax :|
Reply 9
GodspeedGehenna

Possibility One:
"Yes"
"Oh"

Possibility Two:
"No"
"Oh"

Nothing to be gained.

You don't gain anything meaningful from a lot of things; should we just never bother?
GodspeedGehenna

I wouldn't make my own decision based on what people say on here. It's just the same as any other discussion though..
GodspeedGehenna

Because it may reassure people who otherwise may have to spend the next two months in utter agony not knowing whether they've screwed their life up or not.
skunky x
The only thing I ever hear about clearing is how rubbish it is- it would be reassuring for people to know that hey, it's not all bad, some people go through clearing and really enjoy it.

Exactly, I'm sure lots of people like where they end up, and some aren't happy. But then again loads of people aren't happy even if they get into their first choice uni so it can go either way.
MissFanatical
maybe nobody should talk to anyone about anything ever

I would prefer this.

Silence from onwards now, people.
Reply 14
BabyGirl92
Exactly, I'm sure lots of people like where they end up, and some aren't happy. But then again loads of people aren't happy even if they get into their first choice uni so it can go either way.

Indeed. Having heard the OP's story before, it really made me feel good about my exams- even though admittedly, their story was slightly different to most.

Especially as that History one was such a bitch XP
My friend's sister went through clearing and ended up doing Geology at Imperial. So I think it worked out pretty well for her!
Reply 16
GodspeedGehenna
I would prefer this.

Silence from onwards now, people.

Hey!! How dare the OP not get permission from Godspeed before she even posted the question.

After all, Godspeed is the creator of TSR and if he/she doesn't like what's posted, he/she will winge like a baby and belittle other people.

Note to Godspeed, if you didn't like the question, you didn't need to click on the post you control freak. The question is better than your moaning responses.
Reply 17
Well, this thread is a bit more aggressive than I originally intended... :s-smilie:

Valh
Also, would you mind sharing your story too, since you obviously had a good result? (even if you missed your offer and lost your place etc)

Yeah, sure. :smile:

It's a bit of novel though, so click here to read it

skunky x
Indeed. Having heard the OP's story before, it really made me feel good about my exams- even though admittedly, their story was slightly different to most.

Really? That's good - exactly why I've shared it on here. Sorry your history exam didn't go so well. :frown:
GodspeedGehenna

Possibility One:
"Yes"
"Oh"

Possibility Two:
"No"
"Oh"

Nothing to be gained.

Well I don't actually know someone who has had a good clearing experience and it's useful particularly for people that may have to go through clearing and want to know what they're up against.
TheSownRose

QUOTE]

Nice story :smile: Do you still live at home then?

Latest

Trending

Trending