The Student Room Group
Reply 1
A kid receives the volunteers by crossing them on the back of the hand one of these handkerchiefs soaked in perfume which one finds in general has edge of planes. Or did it find it? In a bag has hand stolen.

I'm pretty certain that this is how it translates but it doesn't make too much sense.
Hope it helped :smile:.
Reply 2
LoveDuck
A kid receives the volunteers by crossing them on the back of the hand one of these handkerchiefs soaked in perfume which they find in general has edge of planes. Or did it find it? in a bag has hand stolen

LOL! This has to be done with Google Translate! It makes no sense!

EDIT: I don't speak French so I wouldn't trust me either but it is more like:

A boy welcomes volunteers back by wiping them on the back of their hands with a scented towel which is generally found on aeroplanes. Where did he find it? "In a stolen bag" answers Nabil.

Corrections welcome!
Reply 3
have you got any more context for it? my french isn't brilliant but it's okay and i can't make any sense of it without knowing a bigger picture :p:
Reply 4
Lou-Lou
Un gamin accueille les bénévoles en leur passant sur le dos de la main un de ces mouchoirs imbibés de parfum qu'on trouve en général a bord des avions. Ou a-t-il trouvé cela? "dans un sac a main volé" assure Nabil

A kid welcomes the unpaid volunteers by running on the back of their hand one of these handkerchiefs soaked in perfume usually found on planes. Where did he find that? "In a stolen handbag/purse" assures Nabil.

That's a literal translation, there may be a better word for the "handkerchiefs soaked in perfume usually found on planes", like "scented towel" above.
Reply 5
Xurvi
A kid welcomes the unpaid volunteers by running on the back of their hand one of these handkerchiefs soaked in perfume usually found on planes. Where did he find that? "In a stolen handbag/purse" assures Nabil.

That's a literal translation, there may be a better word for the "handkerchiefs soaked in perfume usually found on planes", like "scented towel" above.

I would say "unpaid volunteers" is a tautology, for volunteering generally implies that you're doing something for free, or at least with no motive other than your own will.
Reply 6
Anatheme
I would say "unpaid volunteers" is a tautology, for volunteering generally implies that you're doing something for free, or at least with no motive other than your own will.

Yeah, I agree, but i wanted to emphasize on the difference between Volontaire and Bénévole, as I read that bénévoles aren't paid at all, while volontaires have their expenses reimbursed.
http://forum.wordreference.com/showthread.php?t=342075
Reply 7
Xurvi
Yeah, I agree, but i wanted to emphasize on the difference between Volontaire and Bénévole, as I read that bénévoles aren't paid at all, while volontaires have their expenses reimbursed.
http://forum.wordreference.com/showthread.php?t=342075

English doesn't have that distinction as far as I know.
Reply 8
wes
English doesn't have that distinction as far as I know.

Yeah, I was gonna say, you never get paid nor get any money back volunteering in England? All those gap year websites charge you for volunteering abroad :holmes:

Latest

Trending

Trending