The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Its Leeds :biggrin:
For geography in particular i don't know but i live in Leeds and it is quite a good university, the campus is massive and very near the center :smile: Good nightlife ect..
Look at the courses in detail and see which one interests you most is all i can suggest.
Reply 2
errrm....Leeds
Reply 3
Sheffield University is better
Leeds city is better
Reply 4
for geography apparently leeds birmmingham and then sheffield. but they all have pretty similar stats so i would just go to the one you like the most really.
Leeds.
*Leeds

Personally, I love Birmingham's campus (although it's far from the city centre) but I've heard that Leeds' nightlife is far better anyway. Not really sure about Sheffield. But make sure you visit them too, you'll have a favourite after going to each of their open days.
Reply 7
i know leeds and birmingham both quite well, i would say leeds is by far the nicer city, the campus is next to the city centre as well whereas in birmingham its a few miles out.

also the main student areas in leeds (headingley etc) are much much nicer than those in birmingham like edgbaston.

don't know much about sheffield but as far as i'm aware its a fair bit smaller than both leeds and bham so there will probably be less going on.

as far as the unis themselves go, they've all got similar reputations - all solid redbricks who have been in top 25 roughly for ages. a potential employer isn't going to discriminate candidates purely on the fact that one went to leeds and the others to bham and sheffield.

so yes, basically just go round the unis and look at the courses and see which one suits you best as that will be the determining factor as to whether you get on well there :smile:
For the area: Leeds or Sheffield.

Mind you they're all pretty good, with similar reputations - so it would depend on what you want to study.
Reply 9
Shelly_x
Its Leeds :biggrin:
For geography in particular i don't know but i live in Leeds and it is quite a good university, the campus is massive and very near the center :smile: Good nightlife ect..
Look at the courses in detail and see which one interests you most is all i can suggest.

It's :P:
Reply 10
Sheffield if you want to be cool and amazing.

Latest

Trending

Trending