The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Well, if you manage to self teach your A-levels and get good grades, then that demonstrates great self-control and determination. I've done a bit of both myself, and personally I didn't find it any more difficult self-teaching (though that may be partially to do with the subjects) but as I said, I can't see how it would seem to be a negative thing. Same with a job as well, it shows that you can deal with time management and that sort of thing. After all, with jobs and university they don't want to spoon feed you, and there's supposed to be an element of self-teaching in most university courses so this is your chance to demonstrate that you're able to do this.
i don't think neither but they'll take into account that you can handle yourself and don't need spoon feeding as my business teacher the dick never stops saying.
That would be annoying. Because I go to a Academy, and for Biology i was not taught a thing. My biology teachers literally cannot teach, its not just me, but everyone in the class has the same opinion and we have taught ourselves the biology course. But obviously a future employer is not gonna know this
Reply 4
I'd say they'd love self-taught, cause it's closer to what you'll be doing at uni.
They'll like it even better if you get good grades cause that shows that you're capable of self-teaching to a high standard.

Latest

Trending

Trending