Have a great time :top:
Reply 43
My offer was 240 points for Journalism :| :L
Original post by AutumnRoseee
Got my offer last night
200 ucas points...
yeeey :smile:

Congratulations! What subject?

I've sent off my application today to my referee, so hopefully within the next few days it'll be sent to UCAS then I can get offers in. It seems like a lot of people have been getting 240 UCAS points offer, so getting 200 is even better for you, easier to meet. :biggrin:
Reply 45
Original post by Sequoia Throne

I've sent off my application today to my referee, so hopefully within the next few days it'll be sent to UCAS then I can get offers in. It seems like a lot of people have been getting 240 UCAS points offer, so getting 200 is even better for you, easier to meet. :biggrin:

Yeah the official story has been 180-240 ucas points for a few years, though I was chatting to our course tutor on a field trip last week and they're pushing it up to the top of the range in a lot of subjects because of high demand and an expected rush of mature applicants this year (lots of people loosing work & looking to begin study before the fees rise). Apparently they've had record levels of enquiries.

so yeah work hard and try get your grades up, good luck.
Original post by Joinedup
Yeah the official story has been 180-240 ucas points for a few years, though I was chatting to our course tutor on a field trip last week and they're pushing it up to the top of the range in a lot of subjects because of high demand and an expected rush of mature applicants this year (lots of people loosing work & looking to begin study before the fees rise). Apparently they've had record levels of enquiries.

so yeah work hard and try get your grades up, good luck.

I'll get 240 points with no problem. That's why I have Derby as a choice, quite a good uni by the looks of the open day but low entry requirements. I'm predicted A in Business, B/C for Economics and B/C for English, so I'll get anywhere between 260 and 320 UCAS points if I work well.

BSc Geography! Derby were quite quick replying, I think it took them just under a week to reply! I'm quite happy with the offer of 200 ucas points and atleast a D in Geography, deffinatly reachable... I think the offer might be so low cause I've done loads of field work and conservation work... Not too sure though :smile: what subject are you applying to? x
BSc Geography! Derby were quite quick replying, I think it took them just under a week to reply! I'm quite happy with the offer of 200 ucas points and atleast a D in Geography, deffinatly reachable... I think the offer might be so low cause I've done loads of field work and conservation work... Not too sure though :smile: what subject are you applying to? x

Business Management :smile: I checked UCAS today, my head of sixth form has sent off my application so hopefully on Monday I'll have my UCAS track details.

And that's quite cool getting a low offer if you've done field work, at least you have experience and good achievable entry requirements. Is Derby your first choice?
Reply 49

They'll like that - we're just trying to get a UoD conservation society going at the moment. There wasn't one before, so all being well that'll be running by the time you start.
Reply 50

Its a not so bad, shut up in your face :smile:
Business Management :smile: I checked UCAS today, my head of sixth form has sent off my application so hopefully on Monday I'll have my UCAS track details.

And that's quite cool getting a low offer if you've done field work, at least you have experience and good achievable entry requirements. Is Derby your first choice?

Oooh thats cool! good luck with your application!

Im not sure yet, havent put any of my universities into order, and wont do until they have all offered me, just because I didnt want to get my hopes up and then get rejected!

How about you? is derby your first choice? x
They'll like that - we're just trying to get a UoD conservation society going at the moment. There wasn't one before, so all being well that'll be running by the time you start.

Oh really? thats so good! deffinalty worth joining! Im actually really impressed with that! are you currently at Derby university? if so what are you studying?
Oooh thats cool! good luck with your application!

Im not sure yet, havent put any of my universities into order, and wont do until they have all offered me, just because I didnt want to get my hopes up and then get rejected!

How about you? is derby your first choice? x

I'll probably do the same as you, although I gone to an open day last Saturday and liked the look of the uni.
Reply 54
Oh really? thats so good! deffinalty worth joining! Im actually really impressed with that! are you currently at Derby university? if so what are you studying?

Countryside management & Outdoor recreation... which is all at the Buxton campus so I can't tell you much about Kedleston Road specifics unfortunately.

The conservation soc would have to cover both Derby & Buxton sites though. Fwiw it currently sounds like most of the tasks would likely be more over towards the Derby side.
anyway it hasn't happened yet - we need to write a constitution for the society and collect signatures.
Countryside management & Outdoor recreation... which is all at the Buxton campus so I can't tell you much about Kedleston Road specifics unfortunately.

The conservation soc would have to cover both Derby & Buxton sites though. Fwiw it currently sounds like most of the tasks would likely be more over towards the Derby side.
anyway it hasn't happened yet - we need to write a constitution for the society and collect signatures.

Oh that sounds really good! any idea what campus Geography is on Derby!
good luck with the society, it sounds like a really good idea and it deffinatly would be really useful for students studying similar courses or are just generally interested in that kind of thing!!
Got my offer last night
200 ucas points...
yeeey :smile:

Hey again :biggrin:

I sent my application off the other day. I'd just like to know how long it took for Dervy to give you an offer?
Hey again :biggrin:

I sent my application off the other day. I'd just like to know how long it took for Dervy to give you an offer?

For me it took them exactly 6 days, they were actually really quick!
They gave me an offer before many unis sent me mails saying they'd recieved my application and were reviewing it :smile: x
Reply 58
Oh that sounds really good! any idea what campus Geography is on Derby!
good luck with the society, it sounds like a really good idea and it deffinatly would be really useful for students studying similar courses or are just generally interested in that kind of thing!!

Geography's at Kedleston Road/main Derby campus - the two pretty much exit as separate islands most of the time tbh.

we get some of the same modules but delivered by different tutors at different times. I'm in my second year but I've not even seen KR.
Geography's at Kedleston Road/main Derby campus - the two pretty much exit as separate islands most of the time tbh.

we get some of the same modules but delivered by different tutors at different times. I'm in my second year but I've not even seen KR.

Oh right, I wasnt too sure where the geography department was! Thanks!

Do people from both campuses tend to mix with eachother? or do they tend to stay with the people they know?

How do you find Derby uni? are you enjoying it? what kind of oppertunities do you get with your course? x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending