The Student Room Group
Students relaxing
University of Derby
Derby
Visit website

University of Derby Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Peter Bear
I have an unconditional place on the Photography course at Derby. Cannot wait! Anyone else?

Well done! Im sure you will have an awesome time!
Students relaxing
University of Derby
Derby
Visit website
Hello! I've got an unconditional for Creative Expressive Therapies for this September :smile:
I cant wait! 167 days :biggrin:
Lol Oliver is that until move in weekend? 17th September 2011.

EXCITED MUCH!

Where do you plan on living? Ive applied for Princess Alice woo-hoo!
Reply 104
I'm in Princess Alice! Soo excited!
Reply 105
Princess Alice is a nice hall of residence xP Round the corner from sainsbury's too hehe!

(second year at Derby Uni, if any of you have any questions jus pm me ^^)
Reply 106
Original post by Razeth

Original post by Razeth
Moving in day is slowly creeping its way across the calender and just before it does I burst in to ruin its sorry excuse of an occasion.

Anyway, hi, I'm James =P Second Year at Derby Uni, second year at Nunnery Court. If you have aannnnyyy questions whatsoever that the lil guides don't answer don't hesitate to reply to me or pm me. Decent pubs? Cheap noodles? I know answers to them all. (p.s. No, for the last time, I don't know when Student Finance England will get their act together, ask a different question XD)

Hey this question is to do with student finance sorry was just wondering what you filled in when it asks for the uni address, and your term tome accommodation derby is Defo my no 1 place but I still haven't got round to accommodation do I have to book a place before I can fill in my student finance? Ta
Original post by Harad
Hey this question is to do with student finance sorry was just wondering what you filled in when it asks for the uni address, and your term tome accommodation derby is Defo my no 1 place but I still haven't got round to accommodation do I have to book a place before I can fill in my student finance? Ta

I'd put my home address in and update when you have a uni address. everyone's going to be expecting you to move around a lot when you're a student.
Reply 108
Original post by Joinedup
I'd put my home address in and update when you have a uni address. everyone's going to be expecting you to move around a lot when you're a student.

Spot on, That's what I had to do. :smile:
Reply 109
Hi,

I'm a part time distance learning postgraduate, considering switching to full time and attending the campus in person. I would need to live in or around Derby to do this but really have no idea what Derby and its surroundings are like.

I would be looking to rent or buy a family home and have kids in elementary school, but daycare would be helpful. Does Derby provide accommodation for families with children or creches / daycare?

Any suggestions for areas me and my family should consider? Cost is not a factor, but commuter time is. My faculty is at Kedleston Road (according to my student ID), and I'd consider up to 30 minutes of travel including traffic. Is commuting to that campus viable? Are there public transit alternatives?

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Paul
Original post by PaulGee
Hi,

I'm a part time distance learning postgraduate, considering switching to full time and attending the campus in person. I would need to live in or around Derby to do this but really have no idea what Derby and its surroundings are like.

I would be looking to rent or buy a family home and have kids in elementary school, but daycare would be helpful. Does Derby provide accommodation for families with children or creches / daycare?

Any suggestions for areas me and my family should consider? Cost is not a factor, but commuter time is. My faculty is at Kedleston Road (according to my student ID), and I'd consider up to 30 minutes of travel including traffic. Is commuting to that campus viable? Are there public transit alternatives?

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Paul

No creche that I've ever heard of...

Probably you need to speak to a liason officer tbh http://www.derby.ac.uk/studentliaison
Reply 111
Original post by Joinedup
No creche that I've ever heard of...

Probably you need to speak to a liason officer tbh http://www.derby.ac.uk/studentliaison

Thank you I have sent a request for info. Cheers

Paul
Reply 112
Original post by Harad

Just update it when you move into your student accomodation
Hiya,

I am currently a postgrad student at Derby uni. Derby is a really nice place to live, really safe and comfortable I feel. I have been here for 4 years now and I don’t want to leave ha! The uni is close to the town, I'd say about 35-40 min walk and there’s always buses that go round and also you can drive too. I live in the halls of residence which is smack bang in the middle of the town and uni.

there are lot's of houses here to rent and buy, I can not tell you specifically but I would recommend you to come down here and take a look for yourself. I would come to one of the open days and then you will be able to speak to someone in regards to your situation. The link below tells you when the open days are:

http://www.derby.ac.uk/opendays

We also have a housing department where they help students find houses and other accommodation, maybe you could come and see them too?

Commuting is no problem at all, I have friends who drive from Nottingham to Derby which is about half hour drive and they have done it for 3 years too. Like I said before, they have buses everywhere so its all good. I would recommend commuting as the car park gets pretty full.

If you have any other questions, let me know. Re-post on here and I will try and answer them. Or you can log onto Facebook (if you have it) and search for Manisa Buddy and I can talk to you on that.

I hope this helps :smile:
Original post by Hitched
Just update it when you move into your student accomodation

Hi,

Have you already applied for accommodation to Derby and your waiting for the reply? Or have you not applied yet?

I would just fill out the form and put your home address down, then fill it out later. I dont think it makes a difference at the moment as its still early days. Alternatively ring up Derby uni and ask them about it. The link below is for accommodation:

http://www.derby.ac.uk/accommodation

I hope this help :smile:
Original post by Chantal1991
Lol Oliver is that until move in weekend? 17th September 2011.

EXCITED MUCH!

Where do you plan on living? Ive applied for Princess Alice woo-hoo!

Yep :smile:
Well its actually 134 days now! :P

Im really excitedddd :biggrin:

Also im living in Brookside halls :smile: Close to all of the uni halls aha :smile:
What are you studying?

Ollie :biggrin:
Reply 116
Original post by Peter Bear
I have an unconditional place on the Photography course at Derby. Cannot wait! Anyone else?

I have a conditional for Photography, it's my top choice, I'm pretty confident I can get there, only need 240 points. Hopefully see you there, I'm excited as it looks an excellent Uni and course :smile:
Reply 117
Hi all,

Im starting a masters in OT in Derby in Sept, can't wait! I'm 25 so I would prefer to be in post grad halls...I was advised to go for Saint Nicks....so thats Im going to apply for (let me know if they are a good choice for post grads??)

I've been trying on the uni website for the last month to book them and it wont let me past the payment part...emailed uni...sent me on the link for halls (twice)...which is of no help.
Is anybody else having problems booking their halls?

Thanks guys,
Claire
Reply 118
Original post by stephanieee_tea
Hello! I've got an unconditional for Creative Expressive Therapies for this September :smile:

Hello!
Hopefully I will be joining you in September, I have a conditional offer for Creative Expressive Therapies :smile:
Hey!
I've got a conditional offer for Primary Education and am really confused about dates and the school practice they want us to do beforehand. Anyone else doing this course? Also, anyone going to the induction day on 30th June?
Rach x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending