The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
History? Normally a good a-level

Probably just pull anything that looks half good off the respectable list :biggrin:
Myth717
Something light and different hmm Sociology ? English ? Just to show your an all rounder candidate.

really, you think english is light?

do soemthing like business studies
Reply 42
Myth717
Something light and different hmm Sociology ? English ? Just to show your an all rounder candidate.

I was thinking something along the lines of a Humanities or Arts-kind of subject to have a diverse range of subjects to show I'm all rounder candidate.

Would Philosophy & Ethics be a good choice? You know, with the medical ethics and everything?
Reply 43
tanv91

I wouldn't say English is a light subject either, actually. But, I wouldn't find business studies remotely interesting. So, that's a no go, too.
Reply 44
tanv91

hmm I find English really light lol :P
Reply 45
In all honesty you could do anything (although try to avoid soft subjects). Just find something you enjoy and do it, you have all the A-levels that matter.
Myth717
hmm I find English really light lol :P

believe me at a level that isnt the case
Reply 47
tanv91
believe me at a level that isnt the case

lol I'm doing English lit at A-level and trust me it is the case. For English I realised all you do is chat waffle and as long as you can convince the Examiner you know what your chatting about, thats it tbh. I pulled of an A and I'm pleased with it :smile:
Myth717
lol I'm doing English lit at A-level and trust me it is the case. For English I realised all you do is chat waffle and as long as you can convince the Examiner you know what your chatting about, thats it tbh. I pulled of an A and I'm pleased with it :smile:

well i'm doing it too and u must be a pretty fly guy
Reply 49
tanv91
well i'm doing it too and u must be a pretty fly guy

hmm fly guy ? I doubt it lol... as a kid I read alot fantasy books, LOTR etc meh :p:
Reply 50
tanv91

I take both, English is lighter than Business, in my opinion. You can blag English, you can't with Business, you need to have appropriate knowledge. Maybe that's just the teaching at my school though :P

OP: What interests you? Languages are tricky, but very highly valued by Unis :smile:
Reply 51
I have 2 A*, 2 A's, 5 B's and 2 C's and i'm going to medical school and had two offers.
along the lines that everyone else said, I had something like 1 A* 4 A's and the rest B's and C's

It meant some uni's (Birmingham, Cambridge, Penninsula(?)) where just not an option for me, but there is definitely more than 4 medical schools that didn't just write me out due to my GCSE's!
Reply 53
Thanks for everything guys you really have put my fears to rest so thanks again.
is 3A*,4A,1B good enough? [B in eng lit..]
Ihategcse
is 3A*,4A,1B good enough? [B in eng lit..]

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Medical_School_GCSE_Requirements

Yes and No
hey guys,

i got 4A*'s 4A's and 2B's. Three of my A*'s where in seperate science(bio,chem,phy) just wondering if this is good enough for Cardiff or Imperial? Any help would be awesome, thanks :smile:
Reply 57
Well, does anybody else have any suggestions? Still can't make up my mind...
doctormoley
hey guys,

i got 4A*'s 4A's and 2B's. Three of my A*'s where in seperate science(bio,chem,phy) just wondering if this is good enough for Cardiff or Imperial? Any help would be awesome, thanks :smile:

Cardiff:You are good enough GCSE-wise
Imperial: your GCSE's are good enough.

ok?
Reply 59
Whatever you got good grades in at GCSE and enjoy, or think you will enjoy.

Philosophy and Ethics will certainly be interesting, although not always directly relevant. A language or a humanity would also be fine if it's something you enjoy and are likely to get a good grade in.

Latest