(Original post by Theafricanlegend)
Can someone apart from Myrrh reply? (even though he has been very
I have recently liked the idea of studying medicine at Uni, and this is my profile:
Don't neg, just because you think i'm bragging (My grades are average on TSR) or because you think I dont have a chance, i'm purely asking!
Be blunt with me, and tell me reasons why you think i won't get in:
Thank you in advance
GCSEs: I have done a short course, does that count as a full gcse? what about distinctions do they count?
6.5 or 6A*'s: Physics, Chem, Bio, Maths, 1/2 Re? ,Arabic, Geography,
3 or 5 A's: Stats, French, English lang. 2 distinctions in ocr nationals..?
4Bs: Literature, Drama, media, PE
Predicted AS levels: AAAB in bio chem maths and physics (hopefully i get an A)
Planning to drop lowest subject.
Work experience (I wanted to do medicine in year 10 and 11) :
• Week filing at a local surgery and GP
• Surgeon – Procedure removing shards off a persons hand (E&A)- in Libya
• Surgeon i was in an operation. (cancer related)
• 2 days in the wards speaking to patients
• Attended a session with a doctor (colonscopy)
• Day clinic and minor surgeries for a day.
Mentoring maths 1/2 year
Peer mentoring first aid to children and active member of British red cross. 1/2 year
Life guard and life saver.
Shall i apply for a volunteering job in a british heart foundation charity shop?
what Unis do you think i should target?
Thank you all