The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Thought I'd get mature replies, instead of delinquent one word answers :rolleyes:

Thanks for the replies,

My mum also wants to take me to africa where I maybe can do some volunteer work, so maybe that will stand out :confused:
SoaringStar
Thought I'd get mature replies, instead of delinquent one word answers :rolleyes:

Thanks for the replies,

My mum also wants to take me to africa where I maybe can do some volunteer work, so maybe that will stand out :confused:

No one gives a ****. :dontknow:
Adam9
probably. by the way why did everyone find m1 so hard. I got 96/100 on it. overall i have 281/300

You deserve a pat on the back :rolleyes:
SoaringStar

Thanks for the replies,

Are you doing that because you actually want to?
sc0307
Did you carry it onto year 13? What were your other subjects? Mines bio chem and physics. I got the other A in biology, will it look bad that I didn't get an A in chem?

I dropped history after AS, and continued chemistry, biology and maths.

Well it's better if it's an A in chem, but it is only AS, so it's difficult to know. I'd say it's ok, but are you sure you can make it an A?
failingatm
No one gives a ****. :dontknow:

:rofl:
Ouch! Ice cold in here eh? lol

OP: No one can tell you if you'll get in.

But there's no harm in starting work experience/volunteering now (if you want to of course). But remember - quality (of reflection), not quanity.
Reply 1147
Taking trips to Africa makes you look like a spoilt rich kid in my opinion :dontknow:
Hey Guys I got high AAB at As level - but got some poor GCSE's results ( C in English, B maths, BC science/additiona I was new in the country and couldn't speak english at that time. Do you think uni will take that into consideration and see THAT I underachieved in my GCSE's? Should I resit english GCSE ? thanks guys
Reply 1149
ok....I need some advice

Gcse...3A*S 5As 2Bs.....A*s in chem physics geo....As in maths,bio,english lang and lit, business studies

A2 predicted grades AAA

work exp
care home 2weeks
pharmacay 2weeks

Ukcat to be sat....i will sit my ukcat before ucas deadline...say i get a **** mark...should i jus change my course i want to apply to....ive done 2 personal statements one for medicine and one for engineering...

and lots of other intrests and hobbies..etc

where should I apply??? do i stand a chance in london unis

cheers!
Reply 1150
I got 4 marks off an A in my chemistry As, I'm going to be resitting a paper and will get an A but am I likely to be rejected with my AS B?

Thanks
Reply 1151
Markh1000
I dropped history after AS, and continued chemistry, biology and maths.

Well it's better if it's an A in chem, but it is only AS, so it's difficult to know. I'd say it's ok, but are you sure you can make it an A?

I was 6 ums from an A overall so I'm gonna get the unit 2 exam remarked (got 113/150)
sc0307
I was 6 ums from an A overall so I'm gonna get the unit 2 exam remarked (got 113/150)

Yeah, worth a try!
Reply 1153
Markh1000
Yeah, worth a try!

I got an A in biology already 244/300, is there any point in remarking the unit 2 exam (118/150) which is 2 ums off an A in that exam?
sc0307
I got an A in biology already 244/300, is there any point in remarking the unit 2 exam (118/150) which is 2 ums off an A in that exam?

I dunno, probably not. You could if you wanted, but the difference (if any) won't be that significant. Just make sure you put some serious work into A2 to bump everything up!
Abbasmerali
Do you have to put your AS module results into UCAS these days? I really need to do some retakes in january to be safe but my predicted grades are still AAA

Also does your fourth AS level matter? I've got a B and liverpool as my first choice states that they want a B, so do I trust them or just do a retake and bump it up to an A to be safe?

:smile: that's amazing predicted grades. (Y) right on target. No you dont have to put your AS module results into UCAS.

:stomp: i just love this icon.
Meemzymeo
:smile: that's amazing predicted grades. (Y) right on target. No you dont have to put your AS module results into UCAS.

:stomp: i just love this icon.

I love you.
hey evry1 future medical students current all... hehehe

i just came back from the UKCAT centre with my results :biggrin: 2day i have completed all da criteria required 4 medical applications (i think :P) soooo i would like to ask if i have a good chance getting into medicine :

I have 6 A*s in my GCSE including in bio chem physics maths n computer n eng as 2nd lang
I have 4 As in my AS LEVEL EXAM of which i got the result just few days ago in chemistry, biology, physics and maths.
My predicted results for A level are AAAA for each of the above subjects
I have a score of 7.5 in my IELTS (oh yes i 4got im an international applicant :smile: )
For my UKCAT i have an average score of 645 with
QR 790
VR 540
AR 610
DA 640
and my personal statement is in progress :biggrin:

so do i have a good chance for MEDICINE? *prays really hard* :biggrin:
waiting for my reply annxiously :smile: because i want 2 send my application b4 31st august!!
thanx! :smile:
Book lover22
because i want 2 send my application b4 31st august!!

Why?
Reply 1159
Hi.

A long time ago I messed up a chance at a degree at University and came away with nothing but £12,000 of debt.

I've done alot of growing up since then and am ready to achieve the best possible grades in the A-Levels that I need through night classes.

With excellent grades and suitable work experience, how much of a disadvantage am I at with regards to getting into a top University for Medicine because of the aforementioned debt and the fact that I messed up royally in the past?

Thanks.

Latest

Trending

Trending