The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Beauty is beyond words. It's subjective, but also rather selfish. What seems beautiful to you may not be to everybody else.

Beauty is something you feel - it is independent of whatever you attribute it to.

Beauty is the sense of being transcended by nature, be it a nights sky, a work of art (or maths, literature, science) or an attractive woman.

The Northern Lights - An example of nature's beauty
You're beautiful.

I'm just kidding, you make me vomit.
Reply 42
fabregassed
This is beauty, this is what those years of plastic surgery do.

L.O.L
A person: It's about a person as a whole.

A place: Somewhere which is just easy on the eye and makes you relaxed.
Reply 44
not the colour of the eye but the glint of confidence
not the most perfect lips + teeth but the truth in the smile
TheProdigy2k9
awww you big old softy, come over here and give me a hug
:hugs:

See, I’m not that much of a nuisance :angelblush:
“For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.”

audrey hepburn
beauty is anything that's pleasing to the eye. Something/one you instinctively think is good.
Beauty is subjective.
Its your brain playing tricks on ya

i know right? rat personalities are ugggggggggggggly
:biggrin: :biggrin:
Genuine love and happiness.
Reply 50
This little highly spirited, three-legged, half-blind hamster.
He was beautiful inside and out.

[It is plain natural yoghurt that he is licking. He climbed into my sister's bowl of it.]
IPlayThePiccolo
I am currently researching for an extended project ... the subject for my project is the perception of beauty.

Just wanted to say, good subject :smile: I was thinking of doing something about perfection for my EPQ.. s'kinda similar ...

And I also just wanted to post so I could watch the thread :biggrin:
A certain vulnerability and fragility in someone is always refreshing. A person who goes against the way of society and is perceived wrongly by others. Someone different.

River Phoenix.
Reply 53
blonde-beth
“For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.”

audrey hepburn

I now love her even more. :smile:
Ribbits

[It is plain natural yoghurt that he is licking. He climbed into my sister's bowl of it.]

That hamster is very excited, i can promise you that is not yoghurt.
Ribbits

OMG that is the cutest thing ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:yep: :yep: :yep: :yep: :yep: :yep: :yep:
Reply 57
Beauty is barely ever truth.
Reply 58
Are you discussing Aesthetics?
There is plenty of references to look into if you want. Many different schools of thought and even more opinions...
For an overview, take a look at SEP http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/aesthetic-concept/
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Everyone is beautiful in their own way whether inside or out. Some are beautiful in appearance, while others in character. :yep:

Latest

Trending

Trending