The Student Room Group

Calling all 2012 VetMed entry hopefuls, *VERY* Early i know!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Irishguy2K10
Yea, I love it. By the end I cant feel my legs and I can barely stand but sure its all good craic :smile: Hahaa, I hate buses/lorries/cars/motorbikes, its as if they wanna run me over and the insults I get are actually quite impressive ranging from :

1. Narrow holed b***ard
2. Sexually confused c**t (guessing thats due to the lycra, but their clearly jealous :tongue: )
... the list goes on. I just lol and give the thumbs up. :biggrin:

Oh the lycra thing. I know your pain only too well D:
Just signed up for the 200km tour of the glens on the 6th of may, 7000ft of climbing. Will have to keep her lit haha :biggrin:

:gasp:

Cyclists are a crazy bunch though. :biggrin:

Got that right. :tongue:
The gradient of the climb I guess. the category of climb, 1 being the longest and how much of a bitch it is to climb on the bike haha.
Cyclists are a crazy bunch though. :biggrin: I am looking forward to it, I love major hills and this event has all the hardest, climb climb climbbbbb :biggrin:

Still listening to daft punk ?

After the hill though... How amazing is the flat!! :L / Downhill!
Reply 8183
Cyclists are a crazy bunch though.

This guy is anyway! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIzvPUQJyLU
The gradient of the climb I guess. the category of climb, 1 being the longest and how much of a bitch it is to climb on the bike haha.
Cyclists are a crazy bunch though. :biggrin: I am looking forward to it, I love major hills and this event has all the hardest, climb climb climbbbbb :biggrin:

Still listening to daft punk ?

Of course :biggrin: And S.Patchett... he's a cycling freak like yourself :tongue: (I joke... sort of :tongue: )

*ahem*

Oh my god reminds me of my amazing skills when I do that to other cyclists on the wii :biggrin: I'm the worst cyclist ever so you would never catch me doing that.

Had to do a 6 hour bike ride when I went on a german exchange a few years ago spent most of it falling off the bike, nearly rolling down the hills after I'd fallen off, one of the german teachers shouting at me because I was rubbish etc :tongue:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 8186
Original post by Angry cucumber
Of course :biggrin: And S.Patchett... he's a cycling freak like yourself :tongue: (I joke... sort of :tongue: )

*ahem*

*ahem* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UH9NX9R8c8k
Original post by S.Patchett
After the hill though... How amazing is the flat!! :L / Downhill!

After climbing for miles thers nothing like a downhill, best feeling ever. Theres a climb over here from a place called Rostrevor to Hilltown and it really is a brute to climb, couple of miles. Then descent from the top until the bottom of Hilltown just is lethal :biggrin:

*ahem*

Good lad.
Hahaa, well you have to be something different to be a cyclist :biggrin:
Downhill is the most fun I think I have ever had tbh.... your going flat out down a mountain at 30mph plus, over jumps :biggrin: I love my mountain bike :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)

Haha what a lad, I love drafting.. no effort required :biggrin:

We have a winner!!! :biggrin: :eek:

Wow just wow!!!

I've already + repped your last post so can't give you anymore!!! :colondollar:

That guy is truly the maddest of the lot!! :biggrin: :biggrin:
This is an epic downhill video and the jump at the end.... the guy landed the bike but destroyed the wheels haha :biggrin: Pure choon too :biggrin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6PEYE5sGyA
(edited 12 years ago)
Epic way to go down a mountain...... not cycling though :colondollar: :tongue:

Edit: If I could give man rep I would be giving a lot :tongue: :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 8193
Epic way to go down a mountain...... not cycling though :colondollar: :tongue:

Epic video, that man has balls of steel. He got a little to close to the ground while jumping table mountain though, broke his legs :s-smilie:
Original post by Conor-R
Epic video, that man has balls of steel. He got a little to close to the ground while jumping table mountain though, broke his legs :s-smilie:

Just googled it, he pretty much destroyed his legs!! The man is a man of steel as you said!!
Just googled it, he pretty much destroyed his legs!! The man is a man of steel as you said!!

He's gonna be jumping again in a few months :L
I think Biology is going to be the end of me........ just done a mock; I have a feeling I may get less than the 95 UMS that I need for an A :rolleyes: :s-smilie:

I have no idea with the re-combinant DNA questions, none what so ever :angry:

If anyone can give me an answer to this question i shall be very grateful: "Scientists need to make sure the Restriction endonucleases enzymes completely digested the DNA. One way of checking this is to add up the sizes of fragments together. How could scientists use this information to show that the DNA has not been fully digested?" :confused: :s-smilie:
I think Biology is going to be the end of me........ just done a mock; I have a feeling I may get less than the 95 UMS that I need for an A :rolleyes: :s-smilie:

If anyone can give me an answer to this question i shall be very grateful: "Scientists need to make sure the Restriction endonucleases enzymes completely digested the DNA. One way of checking this is to add up the sizes of fragments together. How could scientists use this information to show that the DNA has not been fully digested?" :confused: :s-smilie:

Ok, my stupid guess. Totally ignore my original comment. :tongue:

I haven't looked at biology for the last three years so I'm purely guessing, but taking a quick glance at the question, shouldn't it be comparing the sizes of fragments together? If I remember correctly, restriction enzimes cut DNA into pieces for gel electrophoresis... hence if the DNA weren't fully digested, when put in for electrophoresis, the fragments won't move? :s-smilie:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 8199

emm... I m not sure...
since the smaller the size of the fragments, the faster they "run" on gel, so to compare the fragments that u hv got with the standard one, you can measure the size of the fragments, but why do we have to add them up?:s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending