The Student Room Group

Calling all 2012 VetMed entry hopefuls, *VERY* Early i know!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by wallaby
Wow... How many modules do you have? :O I guess uni is pretty fast paced if you've covered that much content since September too! Ah good luck :')

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

I have 4 modules. So times that content by about 4.5 :smile:
Original post by _Mollie_
Current vet students,

Just wondering whether it is the difficulty of the information at vet school that makes it so demanding or the sheer quantity of the work? Any answer regarding the workload would be great please :smile: Thanks

Hey.
We haven't came across anything too difficult so far, its just the sheer quantity of work. We had 5 exams before Christmas and the workload was ridiculous. We completed Fore and hindlimb anatomy before Christmas and that was 18 lectures for just one topic. We started neuroanatomy yesterday and it looks tricky.
To you that are studying vetmed, if I was to take biology, chemistry, maths and physics at a level will I look boring to universities, as opposed to geography instead of physics?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hollyyounger
To you that are studying vetmed, if I was to take biology, chemistry, maths and physics at a level will I look boring to universities, as opposed to geography instead of physics?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You can take which ever you want :smile:.
Original post by Soph754
And Well done! Its so strange seeing others so interested in vet med, im the only one this year at my school apply for vet med

My state school/sixth form: in year 9 when I told my head of year I wanted to be a vet she replied that "in her thirty-five years of teaching at (my school & sixth form) only ONE student had ever been accepted to vet school!

Damn was that a crummy school :-/

xxx
Reply 8666
Original post by Aprilfools
My state school/sixth form: in year 9 when I told my head of year I wanted to be a vet she replied that "in her thirty-five years of teaching at (my school & sixth form) only ONE student had ever been accepted to vet school!

xxx

No one from my sixth form has ever made it in! :smile: All the teachers are getting really excited because I've gotten the furthest anyone has ever gotten (3 interviews) so I'm feeling the pressure! haha. I keep telling them I'm not actually in yet... :smile:
Original post by wallaby
No one from my sixth form has ever made it in! :smile: All the teachers are getting really excited because I've gotten the furthest anyone has ever gotten (3 interviews) so I'm feeling the pressure! haha. I keep telling them I'm not actually in yet... :smile:

Haha excellent :tongue: you go girl!! Good luck with those interviews :biggrin:x
Original post by Aprilfools

xxx

I hope you can be one of the first in this case! :smile:

I was the only one in my year (of 250ish students) that applied to vet med, though I'm unsure how many have gotten in before me at my school. I now keep in touch with my school and give guidance to others pupils wishing to apply.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending