The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Not sure. People tend to want at least a B at GCSE. Go through the Guardian Good Uni Guide, pick the lowest ranking Uni you are willing to consider (in terms of Economic teaching) and then work your way upwards.
If you got a C at GCSE maths do you think your cut out to do economic at undergrad level? Albeit the Loughborugh & Essex course aren't the most mathematical, but still be a challenge to someone who could only manage a C.
Reply 3
As above, I do wonder how you will cope with a quantitative economics course if you only achieved a C at GCSE. Even most weak courses require at minimum grade B at GCSE Maths.
Reply 4
.ACS.
As above, I do wonder how you will cope with a quantitative economics course if you only achieved a C at GCSE. Even most weak courses require at minimum grade B at GCSE Maths.

Considering I am currently predicted an A at AS and A* at A2 I feel it's really the GCSE Maths holding me back.
Reply 5
`Shyam
Considering I am currently predicted an A at AS and A* at A2 I feel it's really the GCSE Maths holding me back.

Ah, you didn't say you were doing A-Level Maths. What A-Levels are you doing? What grades are you predicted in each?

I think at a number of universities they will overlook your GCSE Maths performance due to your having A-Level Maths.
Reply 6
.ACS.
Ah, you didn't say you were doing A-Level Maths. What A-Levels are you doing? What grades are you predicted in each?

I think at a number of universities they will overlook your GCSE Maths performance due to your having A-Level Maths.

Decided I want to do Law now haha and I meant A* in Economics itself not doing A-level maths
Reply 7
`Shyam
Decided I want to do Law now haha and I meant A* in Economics itself not doing A-level maths

Ah, okay. Unfortunately A-Level Economics is nothing like university Economics, so the grade prediction doesn't help much. :frown:

But irrespective, I guess the whole change of subject now makes the issue moot. :p:

Latest

Trending

Trending