The Student Room Group
Money isn't everything y'know :rolleyes:
Reply 2
I kno but I think I like them all and the deciding factor is money and availability
Reply 3
Well theres definatly a demand for dentists at the moment. Thats all i can add :biggrin:
Reply 4
TCisgreat
Which subjects earn the most in the long term Opticians , Dentist or physiotherapist and which ones are the easiest to find work in
??? help

I was under the impression the average salary for a dentist is 80-100k, while opticians are much lower (30-40k) and physios lower still. You might struggle to find work as a physio (at least what people I know studying it have said) and I don't know much about optometry other than it is actually quite hard to get into, compared to physiotherapy.
Reply 5
Dentistry: need Chemistry and Biology + 3rd Alevel (excluding general studies and critical thinking for most universities).
Reply 6
Dentistry (5yrs): Well paid, 99%+ employability (ie, loads of jobs out there), BUT very competative and hard to get onto the course.

Physio (3yrs): Easier to get onto the course, BUT very few jobs out there at the moment.

Optom (3/4yrs): Easier than dentistry (mainly due to competition, but not necessarily grades). Decent amount of jobs out there and better pay than physio, not as good as dentist.

For example:
Birmingham uni
Dentistry: A level = AAA (incl. Biol & Chem @ A) + at least one AS level @ B
Physio: A level = ABB (incl. Biology) + 7 GCSEs with A*, A & B grades
Manchester uni
Dentistry:A level = AAB (incl. Biol & Chem @ A) + at least one AS level @ B + 5 GCSEs with A*, A & B grades (A in sciences)
Optometry: A level = AAB (incl. biol @ A and either chem, physics or math @ A) + 5 GCSEs @ C or above

Latest

Trending

Trending