The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
tigger1430
Hi, if you are doing Philosophy at either Mancheser or MMU this September (whatever year you are in) it would be cool to know so leave a message! I'm going to MMU....Anyone else? :confused:

Dr of Philosophy at Manchester
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
Cool, I know it sounds maybe an obvious question, but do you enjoy it? I know I liked what I have done but I like to know about other people who have more experience in the subject! :smile: I don't think i'll ever get up to Doctorate level, not that brainy! Thinking of doing Masters in European Philosophy if I do ok and enjoy my Undergrad degree.
Reply 3
tigger1430
Cool, I know it sounds maybe an obvious question, but do you enjoy it?

I have a friend who has done the philosophy degree at MMU so I will ask him what he thought of it. He came out of it with a 2:1
Reply 4
Hey, I'm doing philosophy at Manchester. I've never taken it before, I dont even know if I'm going to like it?!?! Yikes! :redface:
Reply 5
I would have done Philosophy at Manchester if I had done better at my a-levels but I slacked off a little too much for ANYONE's liking! No offence to MMU coz I love my uni but it's just that Manchester is always recognised as being "better" so may eventually improve your prospects, there is many employers out there who won't approve of an ex-poly, but if there gonna be like that then they probably aren't worth working for! :P I am happy I am doing my degree at anywhere! lol
tigger1430
Cool, I know it sounds maybe an obvious question, but do you enjoy it? I know I liked what I have done but I like to know about other people who have more experience in the subject! :smile: I don't think i'll ever get up to Doctorate level, not that brainy! Thinking of doing Masters in European Philosophy if I do ok and enjoy my Undergrad degree.

Hmm can't comment on undegrad as i did engineering for that but the PhD is hard hard work and at the moment its doing my head in but i enjoy it because i have to use my head and there are no right or wrong answers i research my area and come to my own conclusions etc.
Reply 7
davidmoore83
Hmm can't comment on undegrad as i did engineering for that but the PhD is hard hard work and at the moment its doing my head in but i enjoy it because i have to use my head and there are no right or wrong answers i research my area and come to my own conclusions etc.

but aren't you doing your phd on mech eng?
Reply 8
Hi, i will be doing philosophy this year at MMU too. xx
Reply 9
tigger1430
I would have done Philosophy at Manchester if I had done better at my a-levels but I slacked off a little too much for ANYONE's liking! No offence to MMU coz I love my uni but it's just that Manchester is always recognised as being "better" so may eventually improve your prospects, there is many employers out there who won't approve of an ex-poly, but if there gonna be like that then they probably aren't worth working for! :P I am happy I am doing my degree at anywhere! lol

To be honest, i think if you work damn hard, then an employer will see that. Im in the same position as you, i also didnt try as hard as i should have done on my a levels, and so i am off to MMU-but with a definite sense of pride. I think to have the ability to do a degree is a huge privilege, and one that i don't take for granted. :smile: Im not going to behave the way i did in sixth form, and i reckon if you go to an employer with a first from any uni, they will consider you as equally as any other candidate-we all sit the same exams to an extent... :smile: :smile:
Reply 10
V Good Points Popey, see you in a couplea weeks maybe?!

Latest

Trending

Trending