The Student Room Group

Use of sunbeds on bad skin

My skin has a tendency to get quite bumpy and almost a bit spotty in places (on upper arms, legs etc.), not so bad in winter as always covered up and we always go on hols at the start of summer and the sun always religiously 'cures' it and i have good skin all summer, however this yr we arent going away, and i know sunbeds have been mentioned on here as a treatment for bad skin (and also on embarrasing bodies on tv!), so im considering doing a couple of sessions to see if it works? I can't see how a couple of sessions will do me too much damage - but does anybody know how many (and of how long) sessions I'll have to do to equal say a week or two in the med of sun? Or even less than tha I'm not too fussed about a tan ust want my skin to see it!!
I'd speak to your doctor, if I were you.

My younger cousin has a pretty horrible skin condition, and she was put on a course of treatments by which she had to go in what can only be described as a "sun-bed-tardis". She had to do it for ten minutes once a week, and it really helped.

So, I'd say if you're going to do it, short amounts of time are better for your skin, in general. But speak to your doctor, they know best. :wink:
OP are you a girl?? When I was 18 I had that problem, but didn't want to use sunbeds.. I was on the pill already so the doc switched me to dianette for a few months and my spotty back and chest cleared up really quickly!! I don't get it anymore, I'm on a diff pill now, but that one really helped me! If not, the doc also told me to use a sunbed, so give it a go

Latest